Page 10 of 59 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug report

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Bug report

I confirm I have the same problem. I've checked it, and it is a simple mistake. For "francea1" atlas, there is an error in the name (it is "francea1_gloss .atlas" instead of "francea1_gloss.atlas", with a blank just before ".atlas".
    So the engine cannot find the gloss file and it gives a wrong result for units in that atlas.

I'm uploading the correction. You should be able to get it soon, maybe tomorrow, internet connection is slow today.
    Last edited by Steph; December 27, 2014 at 04:00 PM.

Civis

great news !

in the meantime i think i solved the issue with the voices ! ........i noticed i did not had the moe audio file located in my data folder and not a line in the script.......

could this be the reason ?

thanks again for this wonderful mod !

maks

Patrician Artifex

Audio is for music and effect sounds. I think the correction was in the French pack. I have added a copy of "artillerie à cheval est prête" specific to the French, and modified the original one to be a blank file.
    I'll try testing it again to be sure when I do the voices for Spain and Portugal later this week.
    But try downloading again the French voice pack to be sure you have the latest one.

BTW, upload failed this night, I'm uploading again.
    Last edited by Steph; December 28, 2014 at 12:53 AM.

Civis

just tested with the french audio pack of 29/05/2014 , french against england , only cannons ........

still there .......when zooming over english army , 5 km away of the french , repeating canon de 8 livres voice , less frequently but still there ......

Patrician Artifex

when faction/units did you have in your test?

Civis

France agaist england , only cannons for both armies, all cannon units ....

Patrician Artifex

Ok, I'll test it, but I cannot do it quickly since I have other things to do first. Did you notice if it happens with any cannon, or just a specific one? It may be related to an explosition sound effect.

Civis

no hurry mate !

i will test with specific cannons , but possible with 8 livres cannon and the artillery de cheval ? ....

Civis

hi steph, i got a little problem here, i downloaded all the files,every update and so on,followed the instructions and copy all the files in the DATA folder, but i got problems with the custom user script (i found the folder app/blablabla/scripts) and i copied it in the right place i guess, but when i lauch the game it hangs in the total war picture...but when i remove the user script from that folder, the game doesnt hang,so i guess the custom.user.script is messed up or something, i donwloaded the version in the bottom of the "download" page, sorry but i dont know what i do wrong.

Also i have to say that even if some pack files doesnt activates because i removed the custom script. Others actually do(for example all the languages are changed to native armies languages for example. So is deffinitly about the user script file, thanks and sorry for the silly question.

Patrician Artifex

any other mod installed? When does it hang? When starting the game, or when starting a battle? Does it just hang indefinitly, or does it crash after a while?

Civis

no other mod, a fresh installation used(repeated twice just to be sure), lastest update, it hangs when the first TOTAL WAR picture shows up (that explaining all the copyright,the graphic egine and all that stuff), so is prior the SEGA and the CGI, in the really start of the game, it just hang there indefinitly never going after, doesnt crash, after removing the user.script. the game goes "normal" and i can play a battle with slight changes applied by this mod, so thats whats making me suspect about the user.script is the center of the problem :/.
    Thanks hope you can help me, specially because this is not a proper bug but mostly a issue with my files..or something.

Patrician Artifex

This is a copy of my current user script. Do you have the same (except the line in red for Iberia, it is not released yet).

mod "MoE_Naval.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_France_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_France_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_France_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Britain_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Britain_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Britain_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Russia_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Russia_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Russia_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Prussia_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Prussia_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Prussia_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Austria_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Austria_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Austria_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Bavaria_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Bavaria_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Bavaria_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Wurttemberg_Textures.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Wurttemberg_Variants.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Wurttemberg_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Germans.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Iberia.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Italians.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Scandinavia.pack";
    mod "MoE_Faction_Poland.pack";
    mod "MoE_UnitParts.pack";
    mod "MoE_Visual.pack";
    mod "MoE_Audio.pack";
    mod "MoE_UnitSounds_Arab.pack";
    mod "MoE_UnitSounds_Dutch.pack";
    mod "MoE_UnitSounds_English.pack";
    mod "MoE_UnitSounds_French.pack";
    mod "MoE_UnitSounds_German.pack";
    mod "MoE_UnitSounds_Polish.pack";
    mod "MoE_UnitSounds_Russian.pack";
    mod "MoE_UnitSounds_Italian.pack";
    mod "MoE_UnitSounds_Swedish.pack";
    mod "MoE_Portraits.pack";
    mod "MoE_UI.pack";
    mod "MoE_UI_Building.pack";
    mod "MoE__Main.pack";
    mod "MoE_LoadingScreen.pack";

Civis

well this is stranger now, after first glance i think they were the same, then just copied all your content in my user.script, but then when i launch the game it "freezes" again, so i think there is some pack missing in my data folder, ANd dont know how this could happen. I'll try testing the file one by one in the script, the lame part is after it "hangs", i cant access to destokp manager so i have to reboot my system and is pain in the ass X_X.

Patrician Artifex

start by looking at your data folder with explorer and check it against the list of pack int he user script.

Civis

i found the file missing, is MOE_UI_building.pack ,i tried donwloading it from the page but i got only a MOE_UI (that is already listed on the script), Also i got three other files that arent listed on the custom script, the faction minor ui variant,historical battles and localization.pack .
    I have to put those three on the custom script to get them working, or they are the other type of file who doesnt need it?.

Civis

Steph , goodevening , i think i located the annoying cannon de cheval est pret sound issue ........ was having a battle and had only a french cannon de 6 livres stadning alone against de british ...

now everytime the cannon sent off the cannonbals , you see an explosion and right at that moment the sound of the voice came up !!! 4 times as each cannon fired (4 cannons - de 6livres) !

i really hope u can find this damned annoying voice

Civis

and only with the tire de boulets - round shots ......with cannister shots no voices

Civis

well, i dont know what im doing wrong,but i cannot make this mod work :T, after doing all the instruction and lauching the game,finally i dont get a crash by removing the UI_building from the script,but just as the game reach the menu the sound stops(it works during the CGI tho), tried custom battle and everything is vainilla(except by the language but thats for the localisation file). The same with the campaing, Is there anything else i should to to validate the instalation or something ?.

Civis

nah , now i tried to recreate the issue in single player custom battle and nothing it seems .....in the battle during campaign against english it was the cannon on foot 6livres ........ very hard to pinpoint this damn issue

Patrician Artifex

Do you know exactly what it says? I had this issue, and think I solved it in may by replacing the voice with an "empty" sound.

@B1ackwolf : No, normally it should work if you have the "full" download, and then download only the modified files (identified by a different colour background)