Thread: Great mod but...

Default Great mod but...

Hi

I have some question to ask :
    -Is it normal that you can recruit dragoons in paris
    -Is that normal that in piedmont, lines infantry and cav take only 2 turn to recruit ?
    -How can I reenable the next level on fortifications in towns (I know a little about modding with PFM) ?
    -There is a mistake because in Piedmond you can recruit polish legion

Overwise this is a great great mod, continue like that.

Default Re: Great mod but...

Quote Originally Posted by Raftor View Post
    Hi

I have some question to ask :
    -Is it normal that you can recruit dragoons in paris
    -Is that normal that in piedmont, lines infantry and cav take only 2 turn to recruit ?
    -How can I reenable the next level on fortifications in towns (I know a little about modding with PFM) ?
    -There is a mistake because in Piedmond you can recruit polish legion

Overwise this is a great great mod, continue like that.

I'm not the mod designer nor do I have any particular insight into the design of this mod, but here is my stab at your questions based upon my reading this forum over the years:

1) Did you mean is it normal that you CAN'T recruit dragoons in Paris? If so then I believe it is WAD. The designer, Yarkis, has often stated that reducing recruitment queue "clutter" is one of his design goals. Since dragoons are recruitable in every French city even without a barracks, they got axed from the Paris roster to make its queue more presentable.

2) All AOR line units (not just the Piedmontese) take only two turns to recruit in order to represent the lower quality but quickly conscripted units that Bonaparte coerced out of his allies. They're supposed to represent a trade off as you advance further and further away from your French recruiting areas: do you recruit these lower quality foreign troops to reinforce your armies or do you wait until better quality French troops to march from France? The issue I have with this feature is that these foreign troops are not significantly inferior to French line units so it's not much of a trade-off.

3) Don't know. (I thoroughly despise fort battles in ETW and NTW, and am thankful that they are very rare in TROM2.)

4) Polish troops being available in Piedmont is probably another example of Yarkis trying to cut-down recruitment queue clutter in Paris while still offering the French the services of Polish emigree troops early in the game.

Default Re: Great mod but...

You can recruit Polish Legions in Piedmont because they actually are from there. That's why in polish anthem is sentence "From land of italy to Poland"