Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Druchii Expansion – Malus Darkblade, Sorceresses of Ghrond and the Cult of Slaanesh - A CoW 1.51 Mod

Default Re: Druchii Expansion – Malus Darkblade, Sorceresses of Ghrond and the Cult of Slaanesh - A CoW 1.51 Mod

Hey King Arthur i put the data file in and used the call of warhammer exe and all that happens is a screen pop up with the title then it goes to black and im back at my desktop

Laetus

Default Re: Druchii Expansion – Malus Darkblade, Sorceresses of Ghrond and the Cult of Slaanesh - A CoW 1.51 Mod

Great mod a must have if you are playing DE

Quote Originally Posted by TalosDarkblade View Post
    Hey King Arthur i put the data file in and used the call of warhammer exe and all that happens is a screen pop up with the title then it goes to black and im back at my desktop
    Hi Talos

Did you the remove the data file from the data.rar?

If yes, then I would also suggest that you delete the map.rwm which may be found in data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign - the game builds a new one upon loading.

Hope it works for you

Quote Originally Posted by Mardius View Post
    Great mod a must have if you are playing DE
    Thanks for the kind words Mardius, I'm happy that you like it

Quote Originally Posted by TalosDarkblade View Post
    Does not work with Gigantus version. Only original COW.
    I was wayting for this dear King Artur. And was worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Blaksmiff View Post
    Does not work with Gigantus version. Only original COW.
    I was wayting for this dear King Artur. And was worth it
    Blaksmiff, thanks for the comments and I am happy that you like the mod :-)

Good point above actually, I have the original CoW installed NOT the Gigantus version.

Happy raiding

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

I was wondering why I couldn't get it to work... Is there any possibility that you could make a conversion for Gig's version?

just a few short questions.
    Is it normal?
    that I get no select sound what so ever? Like, when you select a unit, or press any button on the campaign map or even in the start screen menu, I get no sound at all.
    also, is it normal ?
    that in the units description, there is no picture of the unit? the buildings have new pix, the units none at all.
    also, there seems to be a bug - I can build buildings that are already build o.0? That shouldnt be like that right ?
    I was just wondering, it is not game braking, but still...
    maybe I installed something wrong...

ok..there is no menu sounds at all, not when u press anything or end the turn or get a message or what so ever...that can not be right, right ? I must have done something wrong....
    but it wasn like that before I installed the submod...

@Indigo-8

I guess you are using the version from 'Gigantus'. Because I'm using it and have the same problem.

Is there a Gigantus-compatible version planned by any chance?

Thanks a lot for this. I spent a couple hours tweaking the heck out of this for my personal use, cutting a lot out so the whole game isn't necessarily Druchii exclusive and making it work with Gigantus' version. Much needed detail for the Dark Elves in this mod. Great stuff. And to play Malus himself, woo!

Quote Originally Posted by Maximicus View Post
    Thanks a lot for this. I spent a couple hours tweaking the heck out of this for my personal use, cutting a lot out so the whole game isn't necessarily Druchii exclusive and making it work with Gigantus' version. Much needed detail for the Dark Elves in this mod. Great stuff. And to play Malus himself, woo!

Sounds awesome. Is there any chance you might release your version?

Well, I don't want to step on any toes. "My version" is really just a few hours combining things from text files, all the real work was done by the original creators, and I kinda butchered the heck out of it so it'd keep the main features (New events, Malus, strengthened DE roster, new ancillaries, new portraits) while doing away with features I didn't want (Chivalry/Dread change, some universal text being Druchii-centric, etc.).

Everything I did was easy to do, just open both the new and original text files, compare what's different, and copy and paste the new stuff you want over the old.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

already try the sub mods druchi expansion , well lets all agree it ****ing awesome !!! , hmm like maximicus said what you do is compare the mod itself and replace it but, i suggest dont combine it , keep separating is best solution (or you want go from scratch again edit EDU ) , just play the druchi if you want to play them , i prefer the expansion is the best .
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

boblikesoup's Avatar Civis

Great mod. The starting armies are so big though, how can I afford them? I can take a couple low-level settlements then just sink hugely into debt without enough funds to muster more troops, or enough troops to take out the large garrisons in all the surrounding towns. What's the strategy supposed to be? Advice appreciated.

Raid, raid, raid. You don't get to build anything for several turns, going into the red doesn't mean game-over, it just means you can't build anything new for a while. You have to play it like the Druchii would, sack every city, destroy the buildings, and move on. You have to be the terror sweeping Norsca. Also take Marienburg as quickly as possible, as that city makes toooons of money. You might luck out and have your ship slide down the left side of the map without being slaughtered by High Elf ships, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by boblikesoup View Post
    Great mod. The starting armies are so big though, how can I afford them? I can take a couple low-level settlements then just sink hugely into debt without enough funds to muster more troops, or enough troops to take out the large garrisons in all the surrounding towns. What's the strategy supposed to be? Advice appreciated.
    Glad you're enjoying the MOD

As Maximicus already pointed out, the Druchii are not a faction to choose if you prefer a slow moving campaign, building up your Tech and Economy before expanding! Within the setting of the Storm of Chaos the Druchii which landed in Norsica are opportunists, they are taking advantage of the 'Chaos' which Chaos are causing! Raid, Sack, consolidate and repeat. Your first move should be to take Ilsaeth East and take out the rebel settlement and if you're lucky, sometimes the Kislevites leave Praag undefended as they also move against a rebel settlement - needless to say, sack it and leave it to burn!!!!! . You could disband some troops, but you never know if a large High Elf Army will land upon your shores.......... Also, target Marienburg (Money, Money and more Money!) and the Nordland coastal Cities. It certainly is one of the harder factions, but also one of the funnest to play also, who else gets to send Witch Elves in to combat for bloody slaughter

@Maximicus and Junaidi83 - thanks for the comments and I'm happy you like the MOD so much!

Maximicus, if you want to share your files so others may play the MOD via Gigantus' CoW version, then no problems, go ahead, as I sadly do not have any free time to conduct further Modding at present

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    @Maximicus and Junaidi83 - thanks for the comments and I'm happy you like the MOD so much!

Maximicus, if you want to share your files so others may play the MOD via Gigantus' CoW version, then no problems, go ahead, as I sadly do not have any free time to conduct further Modding at present
    Okay, cool. I currently run a strongly cut-down version so I can also enjoy other factions, but I'll throw together a full version of you and TWmadman's work compatible with RodG for people.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast