Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Druchii Expansion – Malus Darkblade, Sorceresses of Ghrond and the Cult of Slaanesh - A CoW 1.51 Mod

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Druchii Expansion – Malus Darkblade, Sorceresses of Ghrond and the Cult of Slaanesh - A CoW 1.51 Mod

Looks great but I think you went a little overboard with the loyalty. DE are forever scheming and owe loyalty to no one but themselves. Especially the nobility. It would be well for the witches to have high loyalty but that is about it. Remember the loyalty is to the Witchking and while many fear him they would all like to be him or at least have his post even if that meant betraying him or other DE to other nations/races. Remember the Witchking outlawed Slaneeshi cults so they are working secretly(according to Malus Darkblade books). The only thing they really can agree on is their hatred for the HE.

Edit I actually when looking think you have given your characters far too high values all round. 10 is supposed to be very rare and they all seem to have at least one at that if not more.
    Last edited by SirEyeball; November 20, 2012 at 12:08 PM.
    I watch and Learn

Default Re: Druchii Expansion – Malus Darkblade, Sorceresses of Ghrond and the Cult of Slaanesh - A CoW 1.51 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by SirEyeball View Post
    Looks great but I think you went a little overboard with the loyalty. DE are forever scheming and owe loyalty to no one but themselves. Especially the nobility. It would be well for the witches to have high loyalty but that is about it. Remember the loyalty is to the Witchking and while many fear him they would all like to be him or at least have his post even if that meant betraying him or other DE to other nations/races. Remember the Witchking outlawed Slaneeshi cults so they are working secretly(according to Malus Darkblade books). The only thing they really can agree on is their hatred for the HE.

Edit I actually when looking think you have given your characters far too high values all round. 10 is supposed to be very rare and they all seem to have at least one at that if not more.
    Thank you for your comments and constructive criticism, all appreciated and noted.

What I wanted to reflect was the expedition being led by capable and fearsome Generals, this is a raiding force and should be well coordinated and led. The high loyalty is there to stop them from turning rebel and spoiling the game perhaps, its not a true reflection of their undying loyalty to the Witch King (which as you pointed out is not always the case). In terms of 10 stars and the likes, perhaps rare for a TW MOD, but in Warhammer? Mighty generals leading mighty hosts are not an uncommon sight, so again, the higher stats are there to represent the force being well led by generals who command respect and the nature of the expedition being on foreign soil, surrounded by enemies.

What I will do is leave them as they are, once the community has had the chance to play the MOD, it can be looked at again and re-worked if needed/requested in a patch or a V.2 for example.

Thanks again for the comments

KA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    ^This x 2 PS. Maybe spoilers at OP, makes it a bit easier to check.
    Thanks Kavipannu, I took your advice and have now updated the OP with spoilers for easier viewing, cheers

KA.

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    Thank you for your comments and constructive criticism, all appreciated and noted.

What I wanted to reflect was the expedition being led by capable and fearsome Generals, this is a raiding force and should be well coordinated and led. The high loyalty is there to stop them from turning rebel and spoiling the game perhaps, its not a true reflection of their undying loyalty to the Witch King (which as you pointed out is not always the case). In terms of 10 stars and the likes, perhaps rare for a TW MOD, but in Warhammer? Mighty generals leading mighty hosts are not an uncommon sight, so again, the higher stats are there to represent the force being well led by generals who command respect and the nature of the expedition being on foreign soil, surrounded by enemies.

What I will do is leave them as they are, once the community has had the chance to play the MOD, it can be looked at again and re-worked if needed/requested in a patch or a V.2 for example.

Thanks again for the comments

KA.

NP. It is also because i like to develop my Generals/Governors so when they already have full stats it makes a bit boring for me at least. But your mod your stats. I can always change them myself in my own games
    I watch and Learn

not all generals of important armies are 10 stars, especially in DE society where people might have military lead thx to their family's position and their cunning to intrigue and murder or dismiss the other generals.
    10 stars really means military genius, and they are not so many napoleons in warhammer universe.

loyalty should be weak indeed considering the way DE use to backstab each other. if the Witch King send armies with several generals in the same spot, you can be sure they ll try to backstab each others to keep all the glory. they would kill each others through murder or even leave a strategic position during a battle to let the other army being annihilated to be the only victorious general.

The Witch King likes it and likes to watch his generals acting like this coz he can notice who is the best, the toughest, the smarter, the most cruel etc...

i suggest you to use all the scripting tools that exist in the engine to make the command stat to be useful. for exemple you can put "good commander" to all general at the start (2 or 3 stars can't remember).
    then you build several profiles :
    - for exemple a general could be a "good attacker" so when attacking he could have +1/2/3 command regarding the lvl of "good attacker" he starts with
    - another one could be good in ambush
    - or in defending walls

etc...

you have plenty ways to make a general powerful regarding his profile without making him a god of war. the dread is also a stat to pay attention on.
    having 10 dread is very rare. how would you consider the Witch King to be dreadful? would you give him 10 dread? if yes, how even Malus Darkblade could also have 10 dread?
    a DE captain should be 1 dread, a common general should be 2 or 3. a fearful and very evil dark elf general like Malus should not start with something above 5 : then your acts will decide (this help the player to make his character even more evil with a feel of progression).

in my mod i put Malus 10 dread, but if i had to redo it now, i would certainly not do it.

for loyalty you can always script new traits. you can make your generals having 5 loyalty at the start, but you could also script new traits that decrease your general's loyalty if he wins big battles (to show the fact he gains confidence and begin to think about taking your leader's seat).

to counter balance this, and manage the DE's loyalty, it is possible to create some ancillaries or other traits and give small loyalty bonus' on certain condition : try to dig into DLV (deus lo vult) traits and ancillaries sytem which are very well done to get inspiration.
    Last edited by TWmadman; November 30, 2012 at 06:37 AM.

"With Hate, all things are possible." Malus Darkblade

Has this mod been released yet?

I may be wrong here, but isn't one of Malus's half-sisters the bridge of khaine?

Is this project dead?

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I may be wrong here, but isn't one of Malus's half-sisters the bridge of khaine?
    Bride, Khaine does not need bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

He might, if he doesn't want hes toes get wet

Quote Originally Posted by Blaksmiff View Post
    Is this project dead?
    Holidays and all are coming up, people tend to be busy this time of year. Cynical avi btw

clone's Avatar Primicerius

where i can download this
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    Bride, Khaine does not need bridges.
    Bride then, I'm sure one of Malus's Half-sisters is the Bridge of Khaine, and she is out to seduce Malus and Malus doesn't like to share anything.

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    where i can download this
    It's not released yet.
    Last edited by Hazzard; December 24, 2012 at 03:27 AM.

How many units are we talking? Seems interesting nevertheless

All I can say is...

CONSENSUAL MARITAL SEX IN THE MISSIONARY POSITION!

Are there any news about this? I really want to start a DE campaign. But after reading about this mod I simply can't do it without this mod

I think the author disappeared: I tried to send him a PM a couple of weeks ago (asking about the mod), but I received no answer.

Well, that doesn't sound good :/

Let us hope he finds the time to finish the mod and release it!

I have updated the first post with a link to download the MOD......it's released.....finally!!!!! ;-)

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Damn, can't express how happy I'm seeing this re-done, DE campaign just isn't the same without it. Downloading now, big file it seems.

Edit: KA, would you mind if I would make compatible version of mercs mod that could be used with this? Atleast at somepoint, or vice versa?
    Last edited by Kahvipannu; January 25, 2013 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Damn, can't express how happy I'm seeing this re-done, DE campaign just isn't the same without it. Downloading now, big file it seems.

Edit: KA, would you mind if I would make compatible version of mercs mod that could be used with this? Atleast at somepoint, or vice versa?
    Hey Kahvi

Thanks for the kind words I'll edit the first post with the file size actually, zipped it's 267MB and once unpacked it's 410MB.

You have my heartfelt acceptance Kahvi to add/mod/adjust as you please, this is for the community, so please go ahead with your work and have fun

Best Regards

KA

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast