Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Advertising Board - Subscribe to get the latest updates.

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Advertising Board - Subscribe to get the latest updates.

As can now be seen by my beautiful new signature (for which I marshalled all of my insignificant skill and mocked up something vaguely reminiscent of what the talented creators in the artist's studio create) I am writing a new AAR:

The reign of Charlemagne is long past, and with it, many would say, France's moment in the sun. The Capetian dynasty is still young, and even before Charlemagne's Carolingian line ended, the nobility were essentially ruling the kingdom. Originally given autonomy in the hopes of easing tension and lessening the crown's burden, many of France's Counts and Duke's hardly even remember they have a king any longer. With the royal demesne near an all-time low, it seems that the King of the once-greatest empire in the west is just another equal among his own noble subjects. One would of course be forgiven then, for assuming that France's greatest glories were behind her. However there are those remaining who do not wish to see France fade away gently, and who will pay any price in gold and riches, or steel and blood, to see her rise again.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...y-norse-thing) .

Who says Commandos are a modern invention..............come lets read Blood and diamonds .

The first mad orc story featuring good text editing.
    Come read atleast once ,give it a try,please .This story may surprise you .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Default Re: Writers' Study Chat and Feedback - Ask all your questions here!

I too have decided to start giving trailers like you all .(Hints-This will be a short one)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    As the cold dusty wind blew from over the horizon and the dawn sun showered its first rays on the western sky ,two men were visible ,one was kneeling ,the other was standing.

“No,no I will pay it back ,I promise sir” the older man wearing the coat cried as a Henry was levelled to his head .”Sorry my man ,but you have a contract on your head and I always finish contracts” said the younger,more wilder man with the gun .
    The older man pleaded "But please sir just once ,just once ,i will give it all ba......................................................

BANG.

And nature continued on , unscathed by these trivial happenings .
    All that remained for the sherrif to see that morning was a mangled dead body shot just once through the head ,the blood wetting the rough ground a dark red .

Last edited by Owlparrot3; February 27, 2018 at 10:14 AM.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

“Toutatis Favours The Brave” (A Rome 2 Nervii CiG AAR.)
    Chapter 5: Fog of War (Part 1)
    Chapter 6: Fog of War (Part 2)
    Chapter 7: Fog of War (Part 3)

"What lies within this fog?"

The Death's Watch was only the beginning.
    All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

Welsh Dragon's Avatar Content Staff

“Toutatis Favours The Brave” (A Rome 2 Nervii CiG AAR.)

Latest Update: 25/03/2018
    Chapter 8: The Hordes of Segomo

"With the Eburone's schemes revealed, can Boduognatus and the Nervii survive the Hordes of Segomo?"

All the Best,

Welsh Dragon.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

A great single post AAR: History of le Armée Hispanique By Turkafinwë

I recommend this very highly! I also want to encourage more from the rest of our fine membership!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-(Updated-OP)

More than half the story's done ,now we start to approach our gradual climax .

Hey Writers!

I just posted the first installment of my first AAR! It comprises Chapter 1 - Part I (probably of IV) of my heavy narrative Nabataea AAR for EBII. (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?784039-Written-in-Sand-(Narrative-Nabataean-AAR-for-EBII)&p=15603029#post15603029) Also, if anyone would mind telling me how to make links look nicer, as in saying "Chapter 1 - Part I" rather than the long string for the address, I would love that!

For anyone wanting a teaser, here is an excerpt from a short story I wrote about a year ago. It actually has nothing to do with the AAR, but it fits and then you can see if you like my style and would like to check out more.
    A Sea of Sand (excerpt)

Fourteen days it is since we left the wind-swept coast to follow this desolate trail. The roads, if one could truly call them such, ended before the desert even began, and we were forced to follow waystones placed every mile. On the third day the trail wound through a small copse of cypress, and we stopped to take refuge from the afternoon heat.

The next waystone was a short distance ahead, and I walked toward it, searching for a place to sit. As I approached, I saw that it was covered in writing, some in chalk or ochre, some etched into the stone itself, and written in a dozen languages. As I gazed upon it, failing to decipher the meaning of what I saw there, our guide, a slight woman, soft of foot, stepped up behind me.

"Memorials to the lost." she said matter of factly, without quaver or hesitation.

"A grave, you mean?" I had asked her, more than a little confused, as it was clearly a waystone, and no token of memorial to the dead.

"There are no graves in the desert." she continued, "And it is not a memorial to the dead." She paused then, but only briefly, and had I not been looking at her eyes I might have missed the small flicker in her gaze, the break in her stolid demeanor.

"They are lost. The desert does not kill, it takes, and we are left with nothing but memories of those we leave behind. The desert provides no boons, not even knowledge of the dead."
    | Community Creative Writing
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources
    | My Nabataean AAR for EBII
    | My Ongoing Creative Writing

Hi guys, I just realised there is an advertising board and I should probably advertise my AAR as well.

This is my first AAR and is titled-"The Restoration of the Empire". Its a Medieval II (Vanilla) AAR and includes pictures and maps to make it more entertaining. I would be glad to hear your views. Here is the link to my latest update- The Fall of Palermo. For those of you who haven't read any of it yet you can click on the link provided in my signature.
    Thank you
    My AAR- The Restoration of the Empire-A Vanilla Byzantine AAR

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

A Wolf Among Sheep, a new AAR, is up in the Medieval II: Total War forum. Come check it out!
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

The land of beauty.

Japan is sacred, anyone would tell you that, why question otherwise. The Fujiwara are like an ornament on this beauty of Japan.
    A Rots AAR
    by
    mad orc

Declaration- My AAR has got very little views and comments, so as of 21st June 2018, i declare that for an unspecified amount of time, anyone who comments on my story gets repped .

Improved significantly by the selfless help of Kilo11.
    Last edited by Owlparrot3; June 23, 2018 at 08:14 AM.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

First and foremost, I would like to point you all towards my project novel, Swords Made of Letters, set in pre-war France / Germany of 1938.

Swords Made of Letters

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ade-of-Letters

And check out the latest chapter!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15607519
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

I started a community campaign for Rome II in which you are all invited to participate. Each human player should play as the faction leader of the Julia family as long as the character is alive. When the character dies, the player should stop the campaign and he should share the save file in the forum to allow a different human player to continue the campaign as the new faction leader.

CURRENT CAMPAIGN: ROME (HOUSE OF JULIA)

Dictators of Rome:

Lucius Libo (Boicote): 272 BC- 238 BC

Marcus : 238 BC - ?

Would you like to play as Marcus?

For more information, check this link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...unity-campaign

One widow's determined journey to retake her husband's body from a far off hostile land.

The pilgrimage.

Skotos of Sinope's Avatar Macstre Gaposal

Just in time for the holidays comes The Last Chariots of the Tarquins, the epic new AAR that has everyone talking! (Well, maybe not everyone. Maybe five people, tops.) Literally weeks in the making! A digital cast of thousands!

Before a republic could rise, an empire had to fall. Be there for the twilight of the Etruscan golden age, when savage Rome quaked in fear of their mighty northern cousins! Gaze at the splendor of Tarchuna, the jewel of Etruria's magnificent treasure cities. Witness the daring escapades of the roguish Avle Spurinna, the debauched descendent of Tarquin the Proud, as he rides the ancient king's doomed chariot into battle. Marvel at the tactical genius of Arnth Velcha, Avle's brother in arms, raised from birth for war. Follow the dastardly Gallic chieftain Brennus, whose appetite for blood and plunder know no bounds. Meet the valiant Marcus Furius Camillus, slayer of Avle's father and the future second founder of Rome. Dynasties will be made and unmade. Men will become myths and monsters. The Last Chariots of the Tarquins reminds us that the horses of ambition slip their reins easily and that the wheels of fortune must always be oiled by blood.

Far better writers than myself agree:

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo11 View Post
    It is a tragedy and it is an adventure, but most of all, The Last Chariots of the Tarquins is an experience, and one not to be missed.!
    Universally hailed as the greatest AAR that's based on the Rise of the Republic DLC (It also happens to be the only AAR based on the DLC), The Last Chariots of the Tarquins will increase your word power, make you taller and more respected among your co-workers!*

*This AAR will not increase your word power, make you taller or more respected among your co-workers. But you might enjoy it.
    Last edited by Skotos of Sinope; November 05, 2018 at 02:22 PM.

Hey folks, some of you have seen this already, but I recently started a new thread in the Creative Writing section where I review whiskies! For anyone interested, feel free to head over to Wood's Guide to Whiskies for some info and some of my thoughts on the only drink that will make you feel like

| My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

I was thinking we need more members blogging, but then we seem to not have many reading our own blogs. So perhaps a bit of advertising is in order.

Content has their own space for all members to set up their own blog thread as well a response to their blog thread for member comments on their own blog. So head over to TWC Member Blogs and start your own blog thread.

Now of course I have been posting on a slow pace as I have been learning a bit about writing an AAR.

My latest post is in my blog thead Blogging the After Action Reports

The direct link to the post is here

Of course responses are encouraged by posting in the blog commentary subforum related to my blog: Commentary for Blogging the After Action Reports

I hope that this is okay to post here, but I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention a poll I've attached to my AAR, Written in Sand. I have been struggling recently with how often I should post an update, given their length, and in an effort to get more feedback from readers, I've set up a poll asking exactly that question. If you are a regular reader of my AAR, or even if you've just seen it a few times (but know how long the posts are), I'd love to hear your thoughts!
    | My Library
    | My Mapping Resources

Sergeant: "Sacre bleu! Has France run out of idiot Brigadiers that they now appoint a 26 year old Wop to command us? How does one even pronounce 'Buonaparte'? Does he even shave yet? Perhaps just on Sundays eh?"

Fusilier_1: "Screw off Sarge! I'm trying to mend these boots again. He's just the latest 'boy-toy' of 'Bayou Beauharnais' - the broad who's pals with Tallien."

Fusilier_2: "'Boy-toy' or not - that's the 'wunderkind' who chased the Pommy's out of Toulon Harbour with a battery of 12-lbers and half a company of fusiliers."

Lieutenant: "La tête haute! Reveille tomorrow morning 4:00 am sharp! Move out 4;30! Le Generale says there'll be boots for everyone in June - of the finest French leather; or tomorrow of Austrian leather for those not too proud to dispossess the current owners."

Sergeant: "Well, he's got bigger cajones than our last three commanders combined. "

Fusilier_2: "Ha ha! Adele saw him in Paris last leave. The ladies said he cuts a fine figure even without a cod-piece - and gives them 'bed-room lessons' in military strategy. Les maneuvres de la centrale position et sur la derriere."

Fusilier_1: "I'm in - dying on the march beats dying of consumption in camp. Now out, all of you. I've got to fix these boots enough for tomorrow's march."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In April 1796 Napoleone Buonaparte led the unpaid, unshod, under-fed Armee d'Italie against the Austrian and Piedmontese defenders of Northern Italy - like a wolf upon the fold.

In a series of stunning victories - at Montenotte, Dego, Mondovi and Lodi - in barely four weeks Piedmont was knocked out of the war and the Po headwaters liberated. Come join me as we attempt to duplicate these stunning victories in NTW's Italian campaign (on VH/VH).

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...paign-on-VH-VH
    Last edited by William of Orange; March 15, 2020 at 05:05 PM.
    Napoleon Total War Play-Throughs:

Italian Campaign - VH/VH (completed Late May, 1797)

Egyptian campaign - VH/VH (conquered all provinces Late Nov. 1800)
    Prussian Campaign - VH/VH (in progress)

Just because you CAN buy that shiny bauble - doesn't mean you SHOULD buy it.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

The heirs of Alexander fight over the remnants of his empire. The Seleucids have won crucial battles against the Ptolemaic rulers of Egypt and smaller nations, sensing the wind changing, align themselves with the rising Seleucid power. The winds of change are strong, but they are fickle ...

In World War 0, a new writer, Shoebopp, shows us how these events could be the first steps towards a war that will affect the known world.