Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - video preview Kingdom of Lindon out + Glorfindel and generals (page 135)

Really good work from you guys. Keep it up!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - video preview Kingdom of Lindon out + Glorfindel and generals (page 135)

Quote Originally Posted by congawa View Post
    looking forward to play it. i searched it, i guess its still in devoloping stage?
    We're glad you do congawa, and to TWC
    Yes, though we are at the finishing stage may be noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    Really good work from you guys. Keep it up!
    Thanks mate
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 16, 2019 at 09:53 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Elrond & Gildor preview & Gil-galad video (page 134) + Gil-galad & Cirdan preview (page 133)

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    The DCI team proudly presents the

Kingdom of Lindon

High King Gil-galad has secured fairness and freedom between the Mountains and the Sea throughout the Second Age.
    With confidants as Elrond, Glorfindel and Cirdan by his side the king has evadeed the schemes of the Dark Lord. And with Lindon's army of Noldor, Sindar and Lindar warriors the king has repelled Mordor's forces.
    Lindon will now muster one last time, whether to ruin or to victory, in order to aid the Númenórean Kingdoms against Sauron, and form that League which is called the Last Alliance.

Glorfindel

Glorfindel, prince of the house of the Golden Flower, is one of the mightiest Elves in Middle-earth.
    He fell, defeating a Balrog, when Gondolin was ruined in the First Age, but was restored to his body by the Valar. Now he is almost an equal of the Maiar, for though he is a Child of Eru, his spiritual power has been greatly enhanced by his self-sacrifice. So, in the Second Age when the threat of Sauron proved great he was sent back to aid the remaining Elves.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bodyguard:

Credits:
    Glorfindel is made by Araval Resources by Lü Bu for the base, Louis Lux for the head and bilwit for the sword and scabbard.
    The bodyguard is made by Arioria of mithlond Base by Louis Lux.

Captain and General models

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Credits:
    Created by Louis Lux (who also made strat map models of them) Using for base an eldar unit by Razor, sword and leg models by Yarrum and head and chainmail hood models by Lu Bu.

Faction Video Preview

Source link: https://youtu.be/BhFynF9K_eE

Further faction credits:

Withwnar
    Veteraan
    Celtic Magister

Unit Cards

Lindon's new units cards are crafted by Araval (A) and by misteed (m) while the remaining are equal to TATWs, representing their ancient linage;

1 Noldor Bodyguard (A), Lindar Infantry (A), Lindon Longspearmen (TATW), Eldar Mariners (A), Sindar Swordsmen (A)
    2 Noldor Spearmen (m), Noldor Swordsmen (TATW), Smiths of Eregion (TATW)
    3 Lindar Archers (A), Sindar Bowmen (A), Noldor Archers (m)
    4 Eldar Horse Archers and Eldar Roquen (TATW)
    I'm going to weigh in here a bit and spread some honest remarks. I feel like the model of Glorfindel doesn't quite fit well next to the other models. Compare him to his bodyguard for example. While Glorfindel's armour setup is similar to the others he has for some reason 3D armour (?) which makes him kind of stand out stylistically. And because it's 3D you can see the jagged edges of the separate armour plates.
    Also the unit card of the Sindar Swordsmen has kind of an odd pose with his shield? It had me frowning for a bit.

As for the rest: looking really good!

Input given in constructivemanner is always appriciated and brought into account.

Thank you from the team - and the Elves

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

You're welcome.

I've been waiting for the Last Alliance for many, many moons. Happy to see the work never stopped and it is coming full circle. Congrats Ngugi and thank you for your commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    I've been waiting for the Last Alliance for many, many moons. Happy to see the work never stopped and it is coming full circle. Congrats Ngugi and thank you for your commitment.
    We're hard at it

Yeah, it's good to see you're still working hard on it - many ambitious mod projects have fallen over time due to the lack of time or just simple tiredness. Congrats to you, people.

I'm looking forward to Making Middle-Earth Bearded Again and showing them pointy-ears how it's done. I haven't played TATW at all for a while now, specifically because I'm waiting for DCI to come out. I hope it will give me plenty of fun and maybe some challenging moments too (I tend to be rather risk-taking when playing Total Wars, I still weep at the memory of me losing Gimli in like turn 15 or something, because seeing a five or what times more numerous army I was like "EH, I CAN TAKE THEM" xD)

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDwarf View Post
    . I hope it will give me plenty of fun and maybe some challenging moments too (I tend to be rather risk-taking when playing Total Wars, I still weep at the memory of me losing Gimli in like turn 15 or something, because seeing a five or what times more numerous army I was like "EH, I CAN TAKE THEM" xD)
    Yes. It will certainly be challenging, especially for a very offensive risk-taking approach. I'm currently betatesting a Dwarf campaign, and I won't spoil anything, but I can guarantee there'll be plenty of action
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

My newest cinematic! This one is about The One Ring Poem.
    I would really have liked to put Galadhriel in the video, but i got no response from Ngugi about it, so i had to go with Cirdan in his place.

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - video preview Kingdom of Lindon out + Glorfindel and generals (page 135) + Cinematic video (page 136)

Excellent video!

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - video preview Kingdom of Lindon out + Glorfindel and generals (page 135) + Cinematic video (page 136)

What factions had not have a video preview yet?

Only Numenoréan Kingdoms are left?

They and Mordor; the latter likely comes first.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

An interview by the Tolkien Modding Community of ModDB with our team leader Ngugi: https://www.moddb.com/groups/tolkien...ders-interview
    Last edited by Araval; April 15, 2019 at 08:17 PM.

Question - so did you guys have a Palantir to know that Amazon would make a 2nd age TV show, or just pure luck?!
    "One does not simply walk into Mordor..." Take an army instead!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ngugi will produce it. They'll be using Withwnar's Palantiri Script. The show will start with the Eldar gifting the Palantiri to Elendil's father.
    Last edited by Araval; April 15, 2019 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Ngugi will produce it. They'll be using Withwnar's Palantiri Script. The show will start with the Eldar gifting the Palantiri to Elendil's father.
    That would be awesome! And no PJ in sight after the abomination that was Battle of Five Armies...
    "One does not simply walk into Mordor..." Take an army instead!

"Twitches in agony"
    Any updates?

Shall get myself together and try to get a video on the One Ring out this week or latest next, you've waited long now.
    That is the third last preview planned; then its Mordor and Numenorean Kingdom and thereafter...

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Good luck on the release of the mod!