Page 14 of 164 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Ah yes, knew it was some unit that tickled the back of my conscious hehe, been considering that very unit.

Can also drop that we might get Gil-galad and Elendil as uniqe general models, which will be fun
    Ohh Also Idk if you have taken this to consideration but the bodyguard unit for Gil-galad could be the Lindon Longspears since Gil-galad use Aeglos but MTW2 does not allow generals to carry anything else but swords
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; December 18, 2012 at 07:47 PM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Didn't knew about that limitation or rather never thought of it, since there's no other weapons used by generals hehe.
    Will ponder on it!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Didn't knew about that limitation or rather never thought of it, since there's no other weapons used by generals hehe.
    Will ponder on it!
    Well I don't know if that a limitation but I have never seen a general in any mod use another thing other than a sword.

Aldor's Avatar Campidoctor

He has no other animation then sword I think. So you can give him an other weapon, but he'll still act like it's a sword. Not sure about this, but it seems logical.
    Retired GS member, admin and local moderator in Hotseat Subforum. Voted best TATW admin.

Yup, it does
    Will take the matter to the Mod Workshop and see what input the wiz's over there may have

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Aldor View Post
    He has no other animation then sword I think. So you can give him an other weapon, but he'll still act like it's a sword. Not sure about this, but it seems logical.
    Exactly that's the problem you could make a Gil-galad model with Aeglos but he will still fight as is Aeglos was a sword. Since in vanilla MTW2 generals only use swords.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Viscount, Lor'themar Theron View Post
    Exactly that's the problem you could make a Gil-galad model with Aeglos but he will still fight as is Aeglos was a sword. Since in vanilla MTW2 generals only use swords.
    Not if you made Gil-Galad an elephant!

Gil-Goliphaunt! Try and pick me up now Sauron! Mwahaha!
    What's life like if you don't take a chance now and then? ~ Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Garriath View Post
    Ahahaha XD

Aldor's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Garriath View Post
    It's even in the books. If you don't believe me, it was stated somewhere in LotR or Similarion so look it up.
    Retired GS member, admin and local moderator in Hotseat Subforum. Voted best TATW admin.

Odd but true:
    Yet not all the Eldalië were willing to forsake the Hither Lands where they had long suffered and long dwelt; and some lingered many an age in Middle-earth. Among those were Círdan the Shipwright, and Celeborn of Doriath, with Galadriel his wife, who alone remained of those who led the Noldor to exile in Beleriand. In Middle-earth dwelt also Gil-galad the Oliphant, and with him was Elrond Half-elven, who chose, as was granted to him, to be numbered among the Eldar;

- Silmarillion; Of the Voyage of Eärendil and the War of Wrath

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

The Last Alliance! Can't wait for it to be finished.

@ Aragorn1963
    Doing our best to not cause you agony then, but working constantly

@ general public
    DCI: LA is glad to present Curufin as a new team member

@ Aragorn1963
    Doing our best to not cause you agony then, but working constantly

@ general public
    DCI: LA is glad to present Curufin as a new team member
    Congrats Curufin

Thanks , Im really interested in the second age and I like how ambitious the mod is, Im going to help in any way I can!

Howdy! I'm ecstatic y'all are making a lore-accurate second age mod! If I wasn't so bad with computers I'd be all for rushing in to help, but alas. I am an English minor and pretty well versed in LOTR lore, so if y'all need help with writing anything, Tolkien linguistics, or just basic ideas I'd love to contribute.

On that note, do y'all have any plans to separate the Dunedain and their Edainic subjects into their own units? It would be a nice way to provide some variety, and seems pretty lore-ish given their differences.

Thanks for teh support and offer Currently and as early as this we're just into coding and such but perhaps later on

Yes, 1st tier will consis of Ennor Spearmen and Ennor Archers [Ennor = Middle-earth] and some 2nd tier units will also be either pure Middle-Men or men of both ancestr; while the elite units in the 3d tier will be the Númenóreans themselves

Thanks for teh support and offer Currently and as early as this we're just into coding and such but perhaps later on

Yes, 1st tier will consis of Ennor Spearmen and Ennor Archers [Ennor = Middle-earth] and some 2nd tier units will also be either pure Middle-Men or men of both ancestr; while the elite units in the 3d tier will be the Númenóreans themselves
    Really Nice Also the HE will have more regions of the same ones ? And the Elostirion-stone settlement will it belong to Arnor or the Kingdom of Lindon
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; December 22, 2012 at 07:38 PM.

Very little difference, they start with only one more

i have a idea on my third age total war i have use the old erebor model for gundabad because it is meant to be a mountain is ant it ps is thire any way i can help?