Page 28 of 164 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637385378128 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP. Preview of the Númenórean roster added

Cool i cant wait. This as well as the war the jewels need to be done. Then you will have the best of the first/second and third ages... lol I cant wait. Like a kid waiting for the candy shop to open...

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Hi Dem'
    Indeed, work is in full progress on different fronts, closest to be done is the Kingdom of Lindon, map aestethic upgrades and then presumably Rhovanion
    Oui oui, I also tend to be avoiding adopt outsiders haha (beside occasional Man of the Hour), so I need my sons become men and daughters become women
    Ohh So Awesome .

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by avenging angel View Post
    Cool i cant wait. This as well as the war the jewels need to be done. Then you will have the best of the first/second and third ages... lol I cant wait. Like a kid waiting for the candy shop to open...
    Haha, can nothing but agree ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Haha, can nothing but agree ^^
    I shall be waiting with antiiiiicipation....

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

I was a bit busy last few days and last night i get drunk....hopefully gil galad and elendil will be finnished within few days
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Lü Bu View Post
    i get drunk
    as everyone does

what do you know modders are human

We the DCI: Last Alliance team are proud to present to you the

Preview of the roster of the Kingdom of Lindon

Tier 1: Lindar Archers
    The most populous of the Elven kindreds is Teleri, and the most renown group among Teleri is the Sindar, but their kin the Nandor lived in Eriador, Ossiriand and even in Doriath have put their mark in the history of Middle-earth as well. Lindar is what the Nandor still call themselves, 'the Singers', once the name of all Teleri, and still they love to roam the wild lands and sing under the stars.
    The Teleri of Eriador acknowledged Gil-galad as their lord after the First Age, a choice that granted them prosperity and freedom from those evils left after Morgoth. Few know the lands and forests as well as these children of Middle-earth, and they are always ready to defend it against whoever threaten their boarders. Hidden in the green they are masters at ambush enemies. These companies of Nandor, accompanied by young Sindar, gather when called upon by their lords, equipped with slender bows.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Tier 1: Lindar Infantry
    The Teleri folks of Beleriand who chose to stay in Middle-earth after the First Age, or already lived in Eriador, acknowledged Gil-galad as their lord in the Second Age, a choice that granted them prosperity and freedom from those evils left after Morgoth.
    Among them are the Nandor, Teleri who left the trek to Aman before the Misty Mountain was crossed in ancient times. While some came to stay there, and today is found in Lothlórien and Eryn Galen, others settled in Eriador and much later many entered Ossiriand in Beleriand, and fought anyone who treatened their woods or friends, be it Orcs or Men or Dwarves, at occasion even with the aid of the Shepards of the Forest.
    Today by the Noldor and their close kin the Sindar the Nandor Elves of Eriador have been armoured to avoid such bitter losses as when Denethor fell in the first Battle of Beleriand. Lindar is their name for themselves and these companies of Nandor, accompanied by young Sindar, gather when called upon by their lords.

Upgrade:

Tier 2: Sindar Archers
    While the Noldor surpass the Elves of Middle-earth in strenghts, skills and lore, one folk among the Dark Elves come near to match the Light Elves who have seen the Light in Aman, and that is the Sindar. Their teachers in long ages under the stars were queen Melian the Maia and High-king Elu Thingol of Beleriand, and they learned their smithing from the Dwarves. Even before Morgoth returned to Middle-earth they in wisdom armed themselves and they have fought long and hard against the powers of the Dark Lords ever since.
    The Sindar after Beleriand's destruction gathered, originally under Celeborn, together with the Noldor under High-king Gil-galad in the west, not eager to leave the lands they love. Some however hold no love for the Noldor, with the kinslayings in memory and accusing the Noldor to have brought evil to their lands, and went east to become princes among the Nandor and Avari in Lothlórien and Eryn Galen, but most remained in the West.
    Armed with bows they honour an ancient skill, in memory of warriors such as Beleg Strongbow, eager to end any threat to their kingdom.

Tier 2: Sindar Infantry
    From Beleriand's and Eriador's history names of such mighty Teleri warriors as High-king Thingol, Mablung of the Heavy Hand and Denethor king of the Nandor strengthen the will to defy the evil of the world, be it Morgoth or Sauron or any of their servants.
    In Doriath in long passed ages the Sindar learned to smith weapons and armours by the Dwarves, and their skill have improved thanks to the Noldor, even if the works of the First Age no longer can be surpassed, few in the world can rival the quality of their craftmanship.
    In Beleriand the Sindar were known as the Axe-Elves as they fought in their woods weilding such mighty weapons. Among those who wandered east that tradition has endured, while living under Gil-galad has had a cultural impact on them and the armies of Lindon nowdays carry swords, as did before only their lords and captains.
    Formed in lines of long blades, strong shields and well forged armour they are eager to end any threat to their kingdom.

Tier 2 AOR*: Eldar Mariners
    Círdan the Shipwright and his mariners were the first the world saw, and they have maintained to be the finest of craftsmen of ships and in seafaring skills. Cirdan's Mariners fought the armies of Morgoth on many occasions and during the Second Age they have protected Lindon with blood, like under the war of the Elves and Sauron, with grim determination.
    They carry by naval tradition spears, to toss at enemy ships before boarding, to which they have shields and swords, and these have proven as deadly whenever deployed.

* Coastal AOR

Tier 2: Lindon Longspearmen
    Spears have been used by the Eldar since they first travelled across Middle-earth towards Aman, and presumably before that by the waters of Cuiviénen. But it was in Gondolin the technique was perfected, forever renown from the Battle of Unnumbered Tears in the First Age, where the phalanxes of Turgon stood unwavering and proved the only Elven host to not face destruction against the might of Morgoth Bauglgir.
    Survivors from Gondolin have under Gil-galad made sure to implement the use of longspears as a tool for the Kingdom of Lindon to oppose the new Dark Lord and his minions.

Tier 2: Eldar Horse Archers
    Praised in song are the horse archers of the Eldar. On rapid steeds and with unequalled skill they hamper the foe with death, just to draw away when enemies try to catch the riders. Yet in song is Fingon and his men who in the First Age repelled Glaurung the Dragon's first assult with their arrows, but also under the Second Age have mounted archers proved their worth in battle against wicked Men, Orcs and foul beasts.

3rd tier: Noldor Archers
    The mighty kindred of Noldor left Valinor under a ban of exile an returned to Middle-earth when the Moon and Sun first rose, to fight the Dark Lord Morgoth till the bitter end, but when at great cost that was achieved they did not all chose to leave this Middle-earth they loved, when permitted again to enter the West.
    Those who chose to stay took Gil-galad, son of Orodreth of Finarfin's House, as their High-king and mainly came to live in Lindon and Eregion. After Sauron had them made the Rings and himself the One Ring an endless war have gone on, during which many left this lands shores. But those who stay are the hardiest and most convinced of the new Dark Lord's enemies.
    Equipped in excellent armours, with unmatched skill heeding back to the teachings of Oromë the Vala, and with great bows the Noldor Archers bring just death from afar upon the foes of the Kingdom of Lindon.

3rd tier: Noldor Spearmen
    Already during the the wandering west to Valinor the Eldar wore spear to protect themselves from wild beasts and wicked creatures of Morgoth, and they were aided in their skill by the mighty Vala of hunt, Oromë. In Valinor Morgoth Bauglir encouraged the Noldor to make themselves arms, but as the arms were improved and sundering came between this clan of the Elves and the Valar, it proved non the less to be a bitter mistake for the Dark Lord. Trough the First Age warriors, such as Celegorm son of Fëanor, have proven a mortal threat to evil, and against walls of spear the hordes of Morgoth broke.
    In the Second Age this skill has not been neglected and many has been the occasions when the sharp edges of Noldor words has turned the tide. No one yet have stood against High-king Gil-galad, son of Orodreth of Finarfin's House, with his spear Aiglos in hand.
    Clad in armours second only to the Dwarven lords their lines do not break easily even in the face of ruin and their weapons have no equals.

3rd tier: Noldor Swordsmen
    Noldor first begun to make themselves swords when they had listened to Melkor's, the Morgoth's, lies in Valinor, using the craftmanship they had learned from Aulë, yet trough such arms Noldor became the best possible weapon with which to keep Morgoth at bay, virtually besieged and occupied till the end.
    Countless have the warriors of the Noldor proven who with sharp swords fought the hordes of Orcs and Dragons and Balrogs, to glorious victories and valiant defeats. Yet perhaps the one most praised and inspiring is Ringil, carried by High-king Fingolin, who after the terrible Battle of Sudden Flame in wrath and despair rode to the gates of the Dark Lord himself and challenged him to single combat. And Morgoth came. Seven wounds the Dark Lord suffered and an eight, that forever crippled him, before Fingolfin perished, most valiant of the lords of the Eldar.
    Those Noldor chose to stay took Gil-galad, son of Orodreth of Finarfin's House, as their High-king and mainly came to live in Lindon and Eregion, and those who yet remain after the new wars with Morgoth's successor Sauron are the most hardy of defenders of the West.
    Clad in armours second only to the Dwarven lords their assults cleave trough any opposition foolish enough to face them, armed with blades no one in Arda can counter.

3d tier AOR*: Smiths of Eregion
    When Eregion fell to Sauron in 1697 the survivors either fled to Galadriel and Celeborn in Lórien or with Elrond north to found the refuge and stronghold at Imladris. Of these survivors some were of the Gwaith-i-Mírdain, People of the Jewel-smiths, that guild who under Celebrimbor and with Sauron's treacherous guiding made the Rings of Power.
    No guild masters of prime lore and craft survived, but even the least in Gwaith-i-Mírdain is honoured as a master of their trade, and they have not forgot, nor forgiven, what wrongs was done to them and their realm. Clad in armour few in Middle-earth can rival and armed with enchanted warhammers the members of the guild bring fierce and destructive Vengeance.

*AOR Imladris and Caras Galadhon [also avilable for Lórien]

3d tier: Eldar Cavalry
    Mighty and beautiful are the horses of the Elves, and upon them riders have played an important role in the wars against the evil that threatened lands and folks. In memory still live the riders of the Sons of Fëanor who guarded Ard-galen beneath Angband or riders of Nargothrond who breached Angband in the fourth Battle, and undaunted charged till their death against Glaurung as their realm fell.
    The Eldar Cavalry consist of most skilled riders in the best armours the kingdom can provide them, armed with sharp lances their charge bring terror. Few dare to face them and fewer live to tell about it.

General's Bodyguard (also new banner)

Tôl Acharn: Lindon Volunteers
    When the armies of the High-king march by to bring justice upon the Enemy and to support the allies of the kingdom many Elves do not care for not being mustered, but pick up what tools of war they poses in this troubled time and offer the commanders to swell the armies ranks. Not as trained or well equipped as the regular forces they possess the strength of their race and the earned skills of immortals, meaning they are a valuable force for any general.

Credit:
    All new units are based off work by shredder and later razor, so huge thanks to them.
    Also a huge credit to Louis Lux for his elven faces.
    Credit to Taro for his bag of tricks and sword texture and the sash model.
    Septa scarabs texture pack from the mount and blade forums.
    Also to KK for making TATW
    Hopefully I haven't forgotten anyone

If you want to give rep:
    King Kong
    Taro_M
    Louis Lux
    Shredder
    Razor
    And maybe even me and the rest of the DCI:LA team
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 74889416.png   58727694.png  
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 30, 2014 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
    We the DCI: Last Alliance team are proud to present to you the

Preview of the roster of the Kingdom of Lindon

OMG Long Live the Elves and their Kingdom of Lindon . The Best Preview so Far.
    Also the Noldor Spearmen Picture is Broken does not Show Up But OMG those units are simply perfect love the General Bodyguard and the Sindar Infantry well to be honest I Love them All . Problem is I Love MOS and I Also Love this can you have Both Mods in Different files ?
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; February 23, 2013 at 09:49 AM.

all that needs to be said...

3rd tier: Noldor Spearmen pic not there for me
    Last edited by knight of meh; February 23, 2013 at 09:56 AM.

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP. Preview of Lindon (HE) + the Númenórean roster added

Great job, as usual

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP. Preview of Lindon (HE) + the Númenórean roster added

Smiths and Cavalry added to the preview

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Viscount, Lor'themar Theron View Post

Problem is I Love MOS and I Also Love this can you have Both Mods in Different files ?
    No sweat, I have over 5 mods installed in ca 15 different versions haha
    See here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    all that needs to be said...

3rd tier: Noldor Spearmen pic not there for me
    'nuff said ^^

It's a temporary problem with the site the image is uploaded on it seems, but you know how they look and the image will work later on or we fix an alternative

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir Tur-Anion View Post
    Great job, as usual
    Thanks mate!

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Smiths and Cavalry added to the preview

No sweat, I have over 5 mods installed in ca 15 different versions haha
    See here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)
    Thanks A lot Ngugi Still going to have to uninstall another mod since my computer memory is almost full. MOS and DCI: Last Alliance are the two most beautiful things that TATW has. And I can Have them Both Now Best Day Ever.

@ Theron on the having other mods note concerning MOS remember the cleaner, CG-launcher , FARLauncher are also batch files and needs to be altered

so i recommend keeping it as your first mod (i.e in your Third_Age_3 folder )

Quote Originally Posted by knight of meh View Post
    @ Theron on the having other mods note concerning MOS remember the cleaner, CG-launcher , FARLauncher are also batch files and needs to be altered

so i recommend keeping it as your first mod (i.e in your Third_Age_3 folder )
    Yeah I Know . MOS is My First Mod and Only one in TATW for now when DCI: Last Alliance gets release It will be on a second folder.

Yea... seeing that preview... im so giddy... im so exiceted.... weeee...

Sorry about that chaps, im just so happy right now. Probably this and the prozac...

Truly awesome!

I can't wait to kick some Saurons's butt with those HE...

Great job!

Ngugi and Curufin can I Ask you how will you make the Last Alliance work ?

I Mean the problem with Medieval 2 engine is that factions only attack their Neighbors only. For example if I play as Lothlorien I can March to War against Mordor but I wont see the Kingdom of Lindon or Arnor and Gondor sent forces to help do you plan to make a script or something that Alliance members siege certain settlements of Mordor or its allies ?

Maybe some sort of script...? Just guessing though...

Question of my own: will all Lindon generals be footsoldiers or will there be mounted as well?

@ Glamdring

You're on right track with scripts yes

As it is currently planned Lindon generals will be foot soldiers, with the exception of Glorfindel, Gildor Inglorion and perhaps Erestor, based on in lore mainly presented dismounted general warriors - and it make the game harder for a Lindon player hoho.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st Viscount, Lor'themar Theron View Post
    Ngugi and Curufin can I Ask you how will you make the Last Alliance work ?

I Mean the problem with Medieval 2 engine is that factions only attack their Neighbors only. For example if I play as Lothlorien I can March to War against Mordor but I wont see the Kingdom of Lindon or Arnor and Gondor sent forces to help do you plan to make a script or something that Alliance members siege certain settlements of Mordor or its allies ?
    The Leauge [Last Alliance] is intended to be the Tôl Acharn-feature itself, known from DCI: Tôl Acharn
    In that way we can have Lindon, Numenorean Kingdoms, Lórien and Eryn Galen participate in joint military operations to strike at Followers of Sauron-factions anywhere (and call upon Dwarves and Northmen as well if the player, which the the AI may not and AI won't participate in such foul deeds hehe).
    The war of the Last Alliance have been spoken of for long but it was not until I learned how to re-code religions and Withwnar developed the DCI-scripts I did consider there was any way to make it good, since first now the good factions can make attacks across the maps upon Sauron and his blokes
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 23, 2013 at 03:02 PM.

Also bear in mind that Lindon and the Numenoreans in the north will still have to deal with Ootm and some of the wildmen factions.

Also glad people are our enjoying our hard work .