Page 41 of 164 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950516691141 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP. OotMM roster updated 19th August 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    any news?
    Mostly been roster decisions latley, nothing to show really, before we make a next preview that is - of either an evil faction or some blokes from Orocarni, most likley
    Last edited by Ngugi; September 02, 2013 at 10:19 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Mostly been roster decisions latley, nothing to show really, before we make a next preview that is - of either an evil faction or some blokes from Orocarni, most likley
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Continue the hard job
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Indeed we do Actually been very productive lately, though little of visual kind; when it comes we'll share with you

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Great job, guys, keep going!

yeah indeed great job

Thanks guys
    We actually joked the other day that about that we presumably had no ones expecting the mod any longer haha, and while that wouldn't daunt us it's always joyful to know Last Alliance is a welcomed addition to the community ^^

Blog Entries

.. that we presumably had no ones expecting the mod any longer haha
    definitely, I'm waiting for it
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Yes please, bring it on.

In constant progress!
    We actually celibrated our 1 year anniversary not long ago; originally when this project started my plan was to have released by now hehe, but when 'I' became 'we' as a great team the bar was step by step raised in all regards. It mean things have taken much more time, yet that the result will be much more impressive and much more fun for any player

Last edited by Ngugi; October 13, 2013 at 06:43 AM. Reason: link fixed :D

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Thanks guys
    We actually joked the other day that about that we presumably had no ones expecting the mod any longer haha, and while that wouldn't daunt us it's always joyful to know Last Alliance is a welcomed addition to the community ^^
    I'm certainly waiting full of anticipation. When the darkness, rain and storm of autumn is upon us again I always start to think of LOTR even more. And I'm certain there are many people like me.

Mini UI Preview

Since Flinn and other merry supporters poke me with a stick now and then it could be time for a visual progress report, in the form of a mini preview.
    This concern the User Interface, in other words 2D graphic.
    Here you will be presented the direct Interface, meaning strategy map bar, frames and buttons.

It is customized combinations of the TATW content and the great works produced by cedric37 (se links in the OP), whom I think you shall give a rep here if you like it as much as we do
    Further we extend a thanks to Macilrille for his help as soundboard, discussing ideas and lore.

Currently this preview do not concern faction symbols, portraits and building/unit images (in all cases). That said, enjoy;

Factions: Númenórean Kingdoms and Harad
    Númenórean culture

Factions: Kingdom of Khazad-dûm
    Dwarven culture

Factions: Kingdom of Lindon, Lórien and Eryn Galen
    Elven culture

Factions: Rhovanion
    Northmen culture

Factions: Men of the Mountains, Wildmen of Enedwaith and Hillmen of the North
    Wildmen culture

Factions: Rhûn
    Easterlings

Factions: Mordor and Orcs of the Misty Mountains
    Orc culture

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP. UI mini preview 15th October 2013

Looking good mate can not wait to play it once it is released
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Blog Entries

Since Flinn and other merry supporters poke me with a stick ...

... and the great works produced by cedric37 (se links in the OP), whom I think you shall give a rep here if you like it as much as we do
    done, he really deserves it, I saw his works everywhere since I'm here

great previews anyway

hey, i just saw the faction previews in OP and i wondered if there were already a prince of belfalas at this time. anyway great work !

Quote Originally Posted by Finkenstein View Post
    hey, i just saw the faction previews in OP and i wondered if there were already a prince of belfalas at this time. anyway great work !
    Hello Finkenstein

The answer is yes, though a bit confused by Tolkien's two accounts on the line of Dol Amroth.
    I quote Unfinished Tales as JRR and Christopher Tolkien present it better than me. It is a note about that there's a Prince of Dol Amroth in 2510 Third Age;
    39 The Lord of Dol Amroth had this title. It was given to his ancestors by Elendil, with whom they had kinship. They were a family of the Faithful who had sailed from Númenor before the Downfall and had settled in the land of Belfalas, between the mouths of Ringló and Gilrain, with a stronghold upon the high promontory of Dol Amroth (named after the last King of Lórien). [Author's note.]

- Elsewhere it is said (p.260) that according to the tradition of their house the first Lord of Dol Amroth was Galador (c. Third Age
    2004-2129), the son of Imrazór the Númenórean, who dwell Belfalas, and the Elven-lady Mithrellas, one of the companions of Nimrodel. The note just cited seems to suggest that this family of the Faithful settled in Belfalas with a stronghold on Dol Amroth before the Downfall of Númenor; and if that is so, the two statements can only be reconciled on the supposition that the line of the Princes, and indeed the place of their dwelling, went back more than two thousand years before Galador's day, and that Galador was called the first Lord of Dol Amroth because it was not until his time (after the drowning of Amroth in the year 1981) that Dol Amroth was so named.

A further difficulty is the presence of Adrahil of Dol Amroth (clearly an ancestor of Adrahil the father Imrahil, Lord of Dol Amroth at the time of the War of the Ring) as a commander of the forces of Gondor in the battle against the Wainriders in the year 1944 (pp.306-7); but it may be supposed that this earlier Adrahil was not called "of Dol Amroth" at that time.

While not impossible, these explanations to save consistency seem to me to be less likely that than of two distinct and independent "traditions" of the origins of the Lords of Dol Amroth.

- UT; Cirion and Eorl and the Friendship of Gondor and Rohan: Cirion and Eorl; Notes
    Personally I belive in the combined theory of a linage of Princes since the Second Age, who became 'Princes of Dol Amroth' at some point around/after 1980 (when Amroth left Lórien; drowned 1981 in the Bay of Belfalas) - and if only two different traditions then DCI at least goes with the theory attached to Elendil.

The prince that we will have present however, will not have Imrahil's name nor portrait naturally [as seen in the Mini UI Preview]; indeed we can expect to see Black Númenórean generals in Harad named Imrahil*, as it is one of quite few known names in Andûanic, the language of Númenór that Black Númenóreans used in difference to many of the Elf-friends who spoke Sindarin (in Gondor and Arnor).

EDIT: *not meaning the name will be removed from the faction Númenórean Kingdoms, mind you
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 17, 2013 at 01:50 PM.

I agree with you Ngugi, same house.

Thank you Ngugi

`But where the warg howls, there also the orc prowls.'
    -Aragorn

We thank Brevi for his permission to let us use his reskinned wargs from his Evil Factions Reskin-mod
    And thus DCI can present these wild beasts one further little step away from the hyena-like movie adaptations

[image from the now updated OotMM-preview]
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 23, 2013 at 01:57 PM.