Page 10 of 164 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP

Ok the question was more to the point of the title. Is the title (in the case of the picture Steward) following the name or is it something written especially for Denethor? Let us say Gil-galad will he have High King written before his name because he is High king and subsequently other rulers will have that before their name or is it written into the name so the Title they hold has no baring?
    I watch and Learn

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

The title comes from the Faction Leader trait. In vanilla the title for FL is Steward, therefore Denethor becomes "Steward Denethor".

We'll have High-king as our title. Thus both Elendil and Gil-galad will have the full 'names' "High-king Elendil" and "High-king Gil-galad"

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Cool then It was only if it was the name and not title related I had a problem with it
    I watch and Learn

Will Mordor Be More Powerful ? Since At this Time Sauron did have the One Ring.

Ohh Also Happy Thanksgiving DCI: LA
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; November 22, 2012 at 12:04 PM.

Yes, but so will the Gondor part of the Númenorean faction, so it will presumably not be that different in balance. Beside balance we don't want to create a stack influation-situation either, so there's a lot to bring into the decisions.
    Sauron's physichal precense will be felt, though naturally on other premises than in vanilla hoho

Happy thanksgiving!

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Happy Slapsgiving
    I watch and Learn

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Yes, but so will the Gondor part of the Númenorean faction, so it will presumably not be that different in balance. Beside balance we don't want to create a stack influation-situation either, so there's a lot to bring into the decisions.
    Sauron's physichal precense will be felt, though naturally on other premises than in vanilla hoho

Happy thanksgiving!
    Interesting....

Atm all I can share, as the details are not yet pondered upon, is that we like to give the players a challenge and don't mind scaring them at the same time if possible
    Epic dread and epic glory goes hand in hand

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

So, from what I have pieced together the Numenorean faction will have the Arnor skins from vanilla? And as you said all references to plate will be removed, I think it would be tricky to work with vanilla Elves. [Granted it's lamellar armour, but still.]
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Among others yes. We also have intentions or discussed to use units from
    The Ruins of Arnor http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=353006
    Taro_M's http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=498703
    Rusichi's http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=465578
    and possibly models and/or skins made by
    dIRECTOR (permission granted) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...4#post10931074
    LL (yet to be asked) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=422815
    and Curufin (permission granted) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=513244

HE, or Lindon as we'll call them, is OK as it is (except for the BG). They do wear mail* under the lamellar, which is acceptable in itself based on the fact that lamellar tech' was known and used; although that is only, AFAIK, known to been used by Haradrim soldiers it's not as faulty as plate armour:
    His scarlet robes were tattered, his corslet of overlapping brazen plates was rent and hewn, his black plaits of hair braided with gold were drenched with blood.
    In difference to the Gondorian gothic plates I do not mind it in the end, while a big load of liberty in the design it is a stunning creation and there's an epic movie scene in teh back of folks mind that I think rather will increse a positive reaction than anything else
    SE, due to the split, may partly be treated somewhat different, but there we have been granted permission to another modders Avari- and Noldor-models and skins (not seen in any TATW mod) so there's good hope for those fronts too

* http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=498196
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 25, 2012 at 04:09 PM.

There will be a nice set of units in this mod
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    There will be a nice set of units in this mod
    Almost never have had my hand in the 'unit deprtment' of other mods, not been my interest, but in this case it's naturally chiefly on my head to make sure this important aspect become something correct, impressive and beautiful.
    Tossing ideas within the team, primarily with Emperor of Hell, and with the aid of sharing modders the prospects looks better and better as the work progress

Lunzium's Avatar Foederatus

my gaaawd i can't wait for this

Quote Originally Posted by Lunzium View Post
    my gaaawd i can't wait for this
    Haha, glad to hear it's anticipated Lunzium
    Although I have as aim to have a beta up and running no earlier than in April, and that's most likley far to optimistic, so a little bit of further waiting is at hand.

Was the Black Gate built by that point? If not, it could very well tip the balance.

The Gate was built, it was however without the Towers of the Teeth
    He had joined the Alliance, but was slain in the assault upon the Gates of Mordor.
    - aboutOropher, UT; The Disaster of the Gladden Fields: Notes, Note 14

'I was the herald of Gil-galad and marched with his host. I was at the Battle of Dagorlad before the Black Gate of Mordor...'
    - Elrond in FotR

From Imladris they crossed the Misty Mountains by many passes and marched down the River Anduin, and so came at last upon the host of Sauron on Dagorlad, the Battle Plain, which lies before the gate of the Black Land.
    - Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age

Upon them stood the Teeth of Mordor, two towers strong and tall. In days long past they were built by the Men of Gondor in their pride and power, after the overthrow of Sauron and his flight, lest he should seek to return to his old realm.
    - TTT
    So it will the same strategic situation, with the change that we've broaden the entry so that two and not only one army can stand in front of it

Minas Ithil and Cirith Ungol where built after the Last Alliance right they where not present at this time.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Do you question the knowledge of Ngugi ? I am not sure about Cirith Ungol but I Minas Ithil definitely existed already. It was built to guard Osgiliath from the east.

I'm not right all the time haha, not ashamed to admit, but generally I have backing when I claim something ^^

The war began with Sauron taking Minas Ithil, it had been built during the same time as Osgiliath just as Minas Anor (later M. Tirith) and Orthanc, so it has to be in hehe
    In the later days to this haven came only the Faithful of Númenor, and many therefore of the folk of the coastlands in that region were in whole or in part akin to the Elf-friends and the people of Elendil, and they welcomed his sons. The chief city of this southern realm was Osgiliath, through the midst of which the Great River flowed; and the Númenóreans built there a great bridge, upon which there were towers and houses of stone wonderful to behold, and tall ships came up out of the sea to the quays of the city. Other strong places they built also upon either hand: Minas Ithil, the Tower of the Rising Moon, eastward upon a shoulder of the Mountains of Shadow as a threat to Mordor; and to the westward Minas Anor, the Tower of the Setting Sun, at the feet of Mount Mindolluin, as a shield against the wild men of the dales. In Minas Ithil was the house of Isildur, and in Minas Anor the house of Anárion, but they shared the realm between them and their thrones were set side by side in the Great Hall of Osgiliath.
    (...)
    When therefore Sauron saw his time he came with great force against the new realm of Gondor, and he took Minas Ithil, and he destroyed the White Tree of Isildur that grew there. But Isildur escaped, and taking with him a seedling of the Tree he went with his wife and his sons by ship down the River, and they sailed from the mouths of Anduin seeking Elendil. Meanwhile Anárion held Osgiliath against the Enemy, and for that time drove him back to the mountains; but Sauron gathered his strength again, and Anárion knew that unless help should come his kingdom would not long stand.
    Now Elendil and Gil-galad took counsel together, for they perceived that Sauron would grow too strong and would overcome all his enemies one by one, if they did not unite against him. Therefore they made that League which is called the Last Alliance, and they marched east into Middle-earth gathering a great host of Elves and Men; and they halted for a while at Imladris.
    - Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age
    Cirith Ungol is the name of the pass trough the mountains, at this time nameed Cirith Dúath. Since it was used by Sauron's forces to assult Minas Ithil Mordor apperently controlled it (as with the rest of the mountains before the war) and a settlement is still proper therefor. Not the Tower of Cirith Ungol naturally but a fort non the less
    The Tower was correctly Gondorian:
    As he gazed at it suddenly Sam understood, almost with a shock, that this stronghold had been built not to keep enemies out of Mordor, but to keep them in. It was indeed one of the works of Gondor long ago, an eastern outpost of the defences of Ithilien, made when, after the Last Alliance, Men of Westernesse kept watch on the evil land of Sauron where his creatures still lurked.
    - RotK
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 01, 2012 at 10:27 AM.

Have you decided on the faction banners?Will you keep the vanilla ones or make new ones?