Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, get your copy and play folks!

Hi, I did everything by the manual installation instructions and I got "Medieval II has found a fatal error and will now exit". Can anyone share any input. I also have DAC v3 installed but its in its own folder
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, get your copy and play folks!

Did you install third age according to these instructions:
    A fresh working installation of 'Third Age Total War 3.2' is recommended Download and Instructions for TATW 3.2 If you can't start DCI:LA after you installed it, try the Submod fix HERE.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    Hi, I did everything by the manual installation instructions and I got "Medieval II has found a fatal error and will now exit". Can anyone share any input. I also have DAC v3 installed but its in its own folder
    Did you rename the DAC install, so that it is not called 'Third_Age_3' or 'third_age_3'? Unless DAC doesn't use 'Third_Age_3' as name, I'm not that familiar with the install of that mod.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Hi
    I have played 2 numenorean both got error at turn 109 when Mordor is having its turn. Do you know what is going on?

With error I assume you mean crash? Having that happen twice must certainly be annoying
    No idea what's going on, but if you could upload a saved game from just before that turn and link it here, we could at least try it out and hopefully see what happens.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by White moon View Post
    Hi
    I have played 2 numenorean both got error at turn 109 when Mordor is having its turn. Do you know what is going on?
    Is there a Tol Acharn on Barad dur? This is known to cause problems sometimes, if that's your case you can cancel it by pressing shift+J.

Solid Snake's Avatar Vicarius

Hmmm I have both DAC V3 named as Third_Age_3 and DACV4 named as Third_Age_DAC, may that be the problem? I used Emperor of Hell method to have multiple installs of TATW, I extracted your Zip on a separate folder of TATW and then copy/paste it on the mods folder on the MED2TW folder, can that be the issue?
    Do check my AAR "The Proud Blood of Germania"
    Formerly known as JerichoOnlyFan.
    And my other AAR: "The Black Serpent"

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake View Post
    Hmmm I have both DAC V3 named as Third_Age_3 and DACV4 named as Third_Age_DAC, may that be the problem? I used Emperor of Hell method to have multiple installs of TATW, I extracted your Zip on a separate folder of TATW and then copy/paste it on the mods folder on the MED2TW folder, can that be the issue?
    If that means you now have two mods, DAC V3 and DCI:LA that both have the name 'Third_Age_3' that might be the issue, yes. I have never dealt with this particular situation, but it can't hurt to rename DAC V3 and then try to start DCI:LA again.

I'm assuming you already tried the fix that Louis Lux posted earlier HERE.
    Last edited by Veteraan; July 31, 2020 at 04:35 AM.

Patrician

If you've changed the name of the folder where DCI is installed you have to also change this line "mod = mods/Third_Age_3" in your TATW.cfg.

I have autosave. I guess i will try third time. If game will crush again at the same turn. We will look at that.
    Maybe men of the mountain wont betrayl me third time
    By the way very good mod. Good to play something else than DaC sometimes

Patrician

Patch is out, 7zip or installer downloads available.

DCI: Last Alliance Patch Installer

DCI: Last Alliance Patch 7zip

Not Save-game compatible

Changelog:

• Mordor orc units have been revamped: optimized and given visual armor upgrades.
    • DcilaReference.pdf updated with more info
    • Sicca province can be upgraded to next level settlement
    • Harondor aor units can be recruited from Harondor, East Harondor, Harfalas and Barad Ethir
    • More sprites added to mordor units
    • Spawned Nazgul are no longer silver surfers
    • Anduin Marhdrauht Lancers and Anduin Marh Archers are available as mercenary units and as Tol Acharn mercenaries in the regions of Rhosgobel, Imathrad, Langhaims and Grarhaims
    • Anduin Marhdrauht Lancers have armor piercing attribute when using axes
    • Chieftain's Haladin unit no longer has ap attribute
    • Numenorean Guardians vambraces have correct texture placement
    • Numenorean generals under Mordor rule have correct title when mousing over them in the strategy map
    • Updated descriptions for orc mercenary units
    • Unit descriptions for Galadriel's Guard, Lórinand Bodyguards and Archers refer to the correct secondary weapon
    • 'Roquen' (knight) units have correct name spelling
    • Tol Acharn tooltip refers to tradition instead of obedience
    • Elven heralds for Lothlorien and Eryn Galen spawn with correct strategy map model
    • Rhudaur Reavers use correct animation
    • Lindon captain model in mercenary units display the correct texture
    • Miner militia have correct description and battle ui for their ability "dwarven shout"
    • Khazad Spearmen unit has been given spearmen animations
    • Reshuffled elven portraits for added variety and some other 2d fixes
    • Mention of the Osgiliath Ferry has been removed
    Last edited by Louis Lux; August 01, 2020 at 11:00 AM.

What do you mean the "mention" of the Osgiliath ferry has been removed?

Osgiliath Ferry is a remnant of an ability to cross the river through a spawned boat, but it was discarded along the way and we had forgotten to remove the reference to it.
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

After I installed the Patch I startet a new game as Mordor and attacked Osgiliath to see the improved orc model. While I liked the new orc spear model (they still look a bit too nice for my taste though ) I noticed that the minimap was all black and I couldnt see the buildings of the town or the terrain. Not sure if this was the case before the patch though...

ekusik's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Patch is out, 7zip or installer downloads available.

Nice, then I'll try new campagin

What can I say, as Beta Tester watching this get to Open Beta

Excellent work to all !

Update after installation:

For some reason when I click to start a campaign my screen freezes, I must press CTRL+ALT+Delete, as soon as I do that the map loads (really fast as expected of my new computer) and I activate the optional scripts. The game is running fine (55 - 72 FPS), no crashes so far (turn 18) or major bugs.

Any idea of what could be causing the freeze before loading the map?
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; August 05, 2020 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Update:

Quote Originally Posted by Pyres Δt Varanasi View Post
    What can I say, as Beta Tester watching this get to Open Beta

Excellent work to all !

Update after installation:

For some reason when I click to start a campaign my screen freezes, I must press CTRL+ALT+Delete, as soon as I do that the map loads (really fast as expected of my new computer) and I activate the optional scripts. The game is running fine (55 - 72 FPS), no crashes so far (turn 18) or major bugs.

Any idea of what could be causing the freeze before loading the map?
    No, this I never have encountered. That you can fix it with CTRL+ALT+Delete is quite surprising also. I honestly have no idea what could cause this

A new computer, always nice! I hope it has nothing to do with your freeze.....

Hey, I was wondering how you guys got the Dual Kingship mechanic to work for Harad? Could you please tell me how?
    What limitations does it have- do the two faction leaders have to use the same title? Or could they have different ones?
    Thanks so much!
    All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana from Doctor Who, one of my favorite characters in all of fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Link12 View Post
    Hey, I was wondering how you guys got the Dual Kingship mechanic to work for Harad? Could you please tell me how?
    Thanks so much!
    They edited only descr_start.txt and labeled both Herumor and Fuinur as faction leader.
    I also found hints about this from modding tutrials
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...leader-or-heir
    https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...m-of-knowledge

But it may mean only first generation leaders have 2 faction leaders.
    I personally think there are some ways to add different "king" title for leaders by editing descr_character, ancillaries, trait, text files.
    Most simple way is editing faction heir title in expanded.txt and make faction heir title as "king". However, new "faction leader" is still treated as faction heir and other ways I can suggest don't confirm two faction leaders by game system.
    sorry my interruption.
    Last edited by ekusik; August 06, 2020 at 10:43 AM.

Report?: I found one unknown Cavalry unit named "Khand Lancer"("Variag Lancers" in export_descr_unit.txt) when I fought against Harad with my Numenorean army. I thought they are mercenary and unit itself is OK. I like them!
    But they don't appear neather Rhun nor Harad when I play custom battle. Is this intended behavior?