Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta for June announced, precise date to follow. Last faction units preview, Númenor will be online in the next few days

Quote Originally Posted by ErTidda View Post
    Holy. Better keep a clean pair of pants beside me.
    Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Wow! It's happening.
    Yes, YES!

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta for June announced, precise date to follow. Last faction units preview, Númenor now online!

Congrats, guys!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta for June announced, precise date to follow. Last faction units preview, Númenor now online!

Thanks man! Glad to see you around!

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta for June announced, precise date to follow. Last faction units preview, Númenor will be online in the next few days

OMG the Numenorian roster looks amazing.

Fantastic attention to detail.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thank you, glad you like it!

Wow, I almost can't believe it's nearing completion after all this time. Great work, guys!

What qualifications do you need to fulfill to volunteer for the beta, apart from an honest desire to write down and report issues/bugs? I'm planning on recording my playthrough, lets play style, so that would help in remembering to to that, as well as demonstrating the exact circumtances of various things that would happen. I'd be interested in beta-testing the Khazad-Dum campaign, of course. But as I said - I'm not sure what the requirements are.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

The beta will be out soon and be open for everyone to play.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

This video is not a trailer, per say, but i wanted to use it as promotional material for the mod.
    This video will go to the mod for the evil factions invasions event.

Yes, yes, yes !
    That's excellent news !

Wow, one and a half minute event ingame video?

I won't skip it and get even more pumped up!

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Just let me post View Post
    I won't skip it and get even more pumped up!
    Try it with high volume speakers or headphone. I almost fell from my chair while test playing and suddenly getting that invasion video for the first time.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Try it with high volume speakers or headphone. I almost fell from my chair while test playing and suddenly getting that invasion video for the first time.
    I can imagine

Speaking of playtesting, what are your impressions? How does it feel, compared to TATW for example? Is it more even more high fantasy or on the same level? What's the general atmosphere like?

Quote Originally Posted by Just let me post View Post
    I can imagine

Speaking of playtesting, what are your impressions? How does it feel, compared to TATW for example? Is it more even more high fantasy or on the same level? What's the general atmosphere like?
    I have played this for six years, as resident 'testofficial' that is probably not unexpected. But, I also haven't really played TATW since then, so it's a bit hard to remember how that felt. Well, at the time it was released it felt fantastic of course, can't take that away from KK and Co.

High fantasy, I think everybody has their own definition of what that exactly is. I will take a non educated guess what it is for you and state that it is probably much more 'high fantasy'.

Apart from that, plenty of surprises await the players, which I of course will not reveal. How it all looks and feels should be clear by now as we released a ton of previews over the years.

High fantasy, I think everybody has their own definition of what that exactly is. I will take a non educated guess what it is for you and state that it is probably much more 'high fantasy'.
    Yes, I wasn't specific enough. For one I saw in one of your videos that one faction has "sorcerers" listed in their strong points. How does it work?

Apart from that, plenty of surprises await the players, which I of course will not reveal. How it all looks and feels should be clear by now as we released a ton of previews over the years.
    I've seen various videos, it looks amazing, but I was interested in your personal experience with it, but I guess it's hard to convey and might be spoilery.
    I will stay hyped and wait for the release then

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta for June announced, precise date to follow. Last faction units preview, Númenor now online. Invasion video previewed.

If you want to know how it feels, I would describe it as challenging and without many stacks. One defeat can doom your campaign! You will feel like you never have enough (resources, armies) to deal with everything that is thrown at you. You will have to make many strategic choices such as deciding if you need to keep a large army (which might bankrupt you) or a small army (might not survive an invasion).
    DCI: Last Alliance: Unit maker. Proud member of The Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta for June announced, precise date to follow. Last faction units preview, Númenor now online. Invasion video previewed.

I like the sound of it Are there a lot mercenaries? And scripts that disband them if you go broke?

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Second trailer for the beta. Enjoy!

Last edited by Louis Lux; June 06, 2020 at 05:08 PM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Oh my god, that is simply beautiful. I may or may not have played like 5 campaigns in it already , but this had me drooling
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Oh my god, that is simply beautiful. I may or may not have played like 5 campaigns in it already , but this had me drooling
    You may, and you are right.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    LL

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta for June announced, exact date TBD. Last units preview, Númenor now online. Invasion video previewed and War in the East Trailer added; See 'Latest news'

Looks like dwarfs back on the menu boys!

Looking excellent as always, can't wait to get back into some proper DCI action
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.