Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, get your copy and play folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    A bug. To fix in descr_strat.txt, the blue bit...

Code:
    settlement castle
    {
        level village
        region Sicca_Province

year_founded 0
        population 886
        plan_set default_set
        faction_creator hrebels
        building
        {
            type hinterland_info_building7 info_Harad
            creator hrebels ;Evil Men
        }
        building
        {
            type core_castle_building motte_and_bailey
        }
    }
    It will need a campaign restart I'm afraid.
    Thank you Withwnar, the description was wooden castle, I have now changed it to motte_and_bailey.

I had to restart the campaign anyway as my game kept crashing at around turn 260 when pressing the end turn button and it got to the bandits turn.

I have uploaded a copy of the save, I hope it helps in resolving the issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, get your copy and play folks!

I added this to our (new) bug and issues thread in the development forum.

That bandits turn is a bit worrying, I think I have seen something similar being reported before. The save might help, thank you.
    Last edited by Veteraan; June 28, 2020 at 08:04 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

ekusik's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    The script already does that, it replaces those units with wargs.
    Oh, I didn't noticed this at that time, thank you!

Report:
    hidden_resource harondorhr is missing in \world\maps\base\descr_regions. This made Harondor AOR units never recruitable in Numenorean Kingdom.
    Quick Repair (add , harondorhr in descr_regions and delete map.rwm) is also save compatible.

Also there is some points I noticed about unit models. I know priority of these things are very low, maybe last ones.
    1:I noticed Some units: Rhudaur Torog Feredir, Belfalas Rouqen, Mounted Zigur Masters(maybe more exist) use wrong unit_sprits in battle_models.modeldb.
    This cause some soldiers hide under ground or stood above horse when they are seen from distance.

2: Barim Karib is good, but they suddenly summon shield when they fight close combat. Its odd.

3:Black Numenoreans and Numenorean Kingdom have same technologies, so they should have same upgrade models.
    Black Numenorean units use same armour_ug_models(harad_numenorinf) before and after upgrade. though Numenorean soldiers use different ones(nk_infantry and nk_infantry_upg)
    Last edited by ekusik; June 29, 2020 at 10:19 AM.

I just killed off the Harad rebels, their king died when he was stepped on by a Mumak, yeah I screenshoted it
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

I like how Rhun in this game is still a threat despite the roster change up. Though the AI doesn't Balchoth spam like Vanilla/MOS, I still get some small PTSD when I see them in an enemy army

The little surprise when capturing Upper Rhun is also well done, great work team!

LiGizD's Avatar Libertus

Hey guys im currently playing 2 campaigns of DCI on youtube have a watch if you want and let me know what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqJXDRH_Ok
    Eryn Galen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDVri__Pz4
    Men of The Mountains

If its not allowed to post this here let me know and i shall remove it. Cheers

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    I just killed off the Harad rebels, their king died when he was stepped on by a Mumak, yeah I screenshoted it
    Good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    I like how Rhun in this game is still a threat despite the roster change up. Though the AI doesn't Balchoth spam like Vanilla/MOS, I still get some small PTSD when I see them in an enemy army

The little surprise when capturing Upper Rhun is also well done, great work team!
    Thank you, plenty of surprises in DCI:LA.

Quote Originally Posted by LiGizD View Post
    Hey guys im currently playing 2 campaigns of DCI on youtube have a watch if you want and let me know what you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoqJXDRH_Ok
    Eryn Galen
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDVri__Pz4
    Men of The Mountains

If its not allowed to post this here let me know and i shall remove it. Cheers
    Nice!

You can post about it here, no problem. However, if you want to keep it a bit organized, you could use the Fan creation subforum to create your own thread for your campaigns/episodes (links). It hasn't been used for a while, but I think it would suit you just fine and you would have another place where you may get some feedback. You could still announce any new content in this thread too.

It's up to you.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Can i criticize? DCI middle earth is poor and unpopulated, we use 99% of the time levies and militia, I want to see the "insignia" units like the LA scene of lotr.
    Some rivers, Anduin and Gwathló, are like a puddle offering no protection. Orcs of Mordor stronger than our Numenorians boys, wtf?

The good:
    MotM and Rhun units are fabulous!
    99% of the game is unic, beautiful, and is just a beta!

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by nosXw View Post
    Orcs of Mordor stronger than our Numenorians boys, wtf?

Orcs were stronger in those times.

Gah, I've been so used to DaC providing the ranges for missile units on the unit cards. I feel overall the range for archers has been lowered, which is refreshing. It's nice not having to worry about sniper archers whittling down your formations from a mile away.

Though to be fair I've only gotten the Rhovanion experience in the campaign and a few custom battles under my belt. Haven't seen the top tier Numenorians and elves in action yet.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Elves have slightly better range. Overall DCI has a more grounded approach to stats and balance.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ekusik View Post
    Oh, I didn't noticed this at that time, thank you!

Report:
    hidden_resource harondorhr is missing in \world\maps\base\descr_regions. This made Harondor AOR units never recruitable in Numenorean Kingdom.
    Quick Repair (add , harondorhr in descr_regions and delete map.rwm) is also save compatible.

Also there is some points I noticed about unit models. I know priority of these things are very low, maybe last ones.
    1:I noticed Some units: Rhudaur Torog Feredir, Belfalas Rouqen, Mounted Zigur Masters(maybe more exist) use wrong unit_sprits in battle_models.modeldb.
    This cause some soldiers hide under ground or stood above horse when they are seen from distance.

2: Barim Karib is good, but they suddenly summon shield when they fight close combat. Its odd.

3:Black Numenoreans and Numenorean Kingdom have same technologies, so they should have same upgrade models.
    Black Numenorean units use same armour_ug_models(harad_numenorinf) before and after upgrade. though Numenorean soldiers use different ones(nk_infantry and nk_infantry_upg)
    Thaks for the report!
    3: Don't know if anyone will get around to doing those models, at least you can see their armour stat increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by nosXw View Post
    Can i criticize? DCI middle earth is poor and unpopulated, we use 99% of the time levies and militia, I want to see the "insignia" units like the LA scene of lotr.
    Some rivers, Anduin and Gwathló, are like a puddle offering no protection. Orcs of Mordor stronger than our Numenorians boys, wtf?

The good:
    MotM and Rhun units are fabulous!
    99% of the game is unic, beautiful, and is just a beta!
    You need to develop your settlements. You need to make strategical investments to get access to better units.
    Sauron's armies were at the height of their power in the Second Age. Also, in this submod armour isn't made of cardboard and professional warriors don't go to battle to just to die like flies.
    Rivers: the AI need room to maneuver or it'd get stuck.
    Last edited by Araval; July 03, 2020 at 05:39 AM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Congratz on releasing this awesome mod. I will need to find some time to play it.

Civis

I went to sleep for a few weeks and look what happened whilst I was gone. Holy. . Congratulations on the release guys! . Been a loong time coming. Can't wait to get it downloading.

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP

I get that DCI aims to have a more realistic approach to unit stats, but I think this needs to be toned down a bit. I came to this conclusion after a very frustrating Dwarven campaign. Because the Dwarves lack in archers and cavalry, they obviously need to make up for this with their infantry. However, my Dwarven infantry are losing to trash goblin units. Khazad Spearmen and Longbeard Axemen lose against Goblin Raiders in basic one on one engagements. This should not be happening IMO. This would not be a huge problem if you could flank around with cavalry, but as the Dwarves, you do not have that luxury. My armored Dwarves also seem to get absolutely melted by any sort of missile units. This makes it hard to fight any sort of battle with the Dwarves and not sustain heavy casualties. I don't like training expensive armored Dwarves to see them get thrashed by lowly goblin units. I do understand that this is still in beta, but I wanted to point out some of my concerns.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Dwarves have access to several mercenary cavalrymen.

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP

Quote Originally Posted by friday190 View Post
    I get that DCI aims to have a more realistic approach to unit stats, but I think this needs to be toned down a bit. I came to this conclusion after a very frustrating Dwarven campaign. Because the Dwarves lack in archers and cavalry, they obviously need to make up for this with their infantry. However, my Dwarven infantry are losing to trash goblin units. Khazad Spearmen and Longbeard Axemen lose against Goblin Raiders in basic one on one engagements. This should not be happening IMO. This would not be a huge problem if you could flank around with cavalry, but as the Dwarves, you do not have that luxury. My armored Dwarves also seem to get absolutely melted by any sort of missile units. This makes it hard to fight any sort of battle with the Dwarves and not sustain heavy casualties. I don't like training expensive armored Dwarves to see them get thrashed by lowly goblin units. I do understand that this is still in beta, but I wanted to point out some of my concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi
    Khazad Spearmen are a second tier unit and should be considered as such. If put against the third tier Goblin Raiders that is therefore not insignificant, as units are balanced with concern for "tier" (as usefulness grows, ofc) and swordsmen (often granted as third level units) are efficient against infantry.
    Though do we put them up against the Goblin Warmongers, the second tier spearmen, the disadvantage may appear unfair. Attack values are equal but where Warmongers have 2 armour, 2 defence and 6 shield, while Spearmen have 9 armour, 4 defence and 10 shield.
    There is after all an arms race going on, where any strength of a foe will be attempted to be compensated for (or one side would won long time ago). Now what do a Goblin commander do to win, when he realise that his soldiers are clad in paper while the foe has shiny mail? He get more soldiers!
    Numbers are an essential gameplay (and rela life, hehe) factor. Khazad Spearmen field 55 men (normal size), Goblin Raiders field 80 men, that is 45% more soldiers. In case you [KoK] lose the flank or get spread out, you're toast, because it will allow the Goblins to utilize the numerical advantage - two or more soldiers attacking a single enemy not merely increasing the risk of kill but also force that single enemy to repeat the defensive animation [when assulted by each soldier], meaning it do not perform an offensive animation and therefore do not kill any of the attackers, no matter how much better stats the single enemy has.
    (...) this means that yes, you have a great unit, but the opposition is taking steps to match you, creating equity even if there can not be equality. So the tactic must utilize your strengths and counter the enemy's counter-measures. Do whatever you may to ensure the flanks are secured so enemy numbers can't come into play. If you set Spearmen vs Warmongers but do only allow the goblins to attack frontside, the two second tier units will see the Warmongers cause lots of damage but lose.
    (...) third tier Goblin Raiders (7 attack, 2 armour, 2 defence and 5 shield) counter the third tier Khazad Axemen (7 attack, 6 armour, 4 defence and 5 shield) with 45% larger unit as well and swifter attacks. As GR have little armour the main advantage of the Axemen (AP attacks good against heavier enemies) do not help them, making GR a good Axemen counter for OMM.
    However, do GR face the Nogrod Raiders (swordsmen with 10 attack, 9 armour, 5 defence and 2 shield) head on, the NR slice GR to pieces.
    This is worth pointing out as units should rarely be considered by itself or one unit vs another, because there is always a context. The Spearmen are not there to slay, but to tie up enemy forces so that allies can slay them. Preferably with enemies killed before melee by Archers (avilable from barracks) or warmachines. And perhaps with some merc cavalry to follow up.

All in all, I deem that the player, by adapting his tactic to needs and strengths of the Dwarves and accepting that the enemies comensate for its weaknesses to kill all of you, will have the victory at challenging costs.

As the orc faction aficiando that I am, I greatly appreciate that the dwarves are no longer the usual steamroller of a faction that can take over the entire misty mountains with a single stack.

Can’t wait to play as the misty mountain orcs, the Boldogs are impressive, both to the eye and on the battlefield!

They have special gameplay for the player, so good luck!

ekusik's Avatar Foederatus

My personal interest about campagin, how many turns does your team estimate to finish the game?
    Now around turn 150 and play Numenorean Kingdoms. I chose defensive tactics until gathering roquen soldiers but my finance is seriously restricted by increasing costs of general's bodyguard upkeep.
    So I mainly use 1st tear soldiers and begin to fear Elendil's death by age before he marchs into Mordor.

Except this, campagin is well balanced.