Page 60 of 164 FirstFirst ... 103550515253545556575859606162636465666768697085110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 3265

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - Recruiting + Galadriel sneak peak released 23d August

Every few weeks I look at this map:
    http://i.imgur.com/HjkECwP.jpg

...and dream a little about how I would start with each fraction and already an hour has passed. Except with the Dúnedain, whose initial situation seems strategically demanding for just a simple dream. It is fantastic to hear that a beta will be released in the foreseeable future! I am really looking forward to it, because the best time to play a LotR-mod is during fall and winter, I guess.

Are there already any submods for TATW in general, which unlock princesses with features, attributes and "lore correct" names for the factions of the elves, men and dwarves on the campaign map? I know the arguments and reasons why princesses are not connected, but for my personal gameplay I would eventually like to see them. I always miss them...sooner or later.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - Recruiting + Galadriel sneak peak released 23d August

Quote Originally Posted by Elem View Post
    Every few weeks I look at this map:
    http://i.imgur.com/HjkECwP.jpg

...and dream a little about how I would start with each fraction and already an hour has passed. Except with the Dúnedain, whose initial situation seems strategically demanding for just a simple dream. It is fantastic to hear that a beta will be released in the foreseeable future! I am really looking forward to it, because the best time to play a LotR-mod is during fall and winter, I guess.

Are there already any submods for TATW in general, which unlock princesses with features, attributes and "lore correct" names for the factions of the elves, men and dwarves on the campaign map? I know the arguments and reasons why princesses are not connected, but for my personal gameplay I would eventually like to see them. I always miss them...sooner or later.
    Glad it's anticipated
    Less outdoors activities that demand attention at least, hehe

The only I know of concerning princesses is Kilic's Return of the King-mod
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...s-Expanded-Map
    Though it's for an outdated version of MOS, so it ought have to be hunted for first if to use this RotK

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

I had either Empy or SF make the princesses from Kilic's mod re-usable, and added a bunch to all factions, but that was for MOS 4. Since then the "Small mods on demand"-thread is gone.

Ngugi, get back to uni! ;-)

Ngugi..You are definitely of Númenórean origins..
    Awesome concept..and since it is you..
    AWESOME Execution is guaranteed

Great praise JJJ', I thank you, it's a neat thought we're a band of Númenóreans making this mod ^^
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 06, 2018 at 06:06 PM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Well the creators can certainly drink like Númenóreans! or was it Dwarves???

Senator

Now that would be a drinking contest for the ages. The Nazgul burst in halfway through to test their prowess against the two races.

Iam so looking forward to move Gil-Galad host to deep Mordor and fight the Dark Lord on the slopes of Orodruin.

Is there any estimated ETA on this mod? Is it possible we get it in this year?
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    Is there any estimated ETA on this mod? Is it possible we get it in this year?
    ETA on a beta is this autumn.

Cool thanks. Good job everyone and thank you )
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

We're onto it

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

I would like to congratulate the team on a really great research and very well put together rosters, that manage to bring your own vision to new units and still remain consistent with the tatw units.

Huge respect to the care given to making the units and giving the proper credit to each one.

I do have a few notes that I would like to share with you. The Lindon's general bodyguard is probably my favorite unit, I really like what you did with it, but there seems to be some weirdness going on in the abdomen region, maybe it's the texture, the uv map, the bone weighting or a combination of two. Also the specular map of the torso doesn't seem to match the rest of the armor, don't know if that's on purpose. If you'd like I can take a look at the model and texture and make the necessary adjustments.
    Another minor gripe is with the dunedain lords mercenaries, they use a version of elendil's helmet and the texture imo has a low resolution. If you'd like you can contact me so we can rework the unit together.
    If you need any help with heroes let me know.

We thank you a lot Louis Lux, when we are deep into the creating process it is easy to lose oversight over what we have actually managed, and not only think of what is yet to be done; then such praise from a respected artisan and fellow modder gladden us much, reminding us what has been done so far, and even that our spirit to acknowledge all who contributed with resources is an appriciated conduct.

I leave matters of modelling and skinning for you craftsmen to discuss; but I can for sure tell that we are most welcoming when it come to the matter of aid crafting heroes for the mod.
    I'll PM you about it

Really great to see so much progress been here since the start and I'll keep giving my support to what it is to me the most anticipated sub-mod of the year. Ngugi and the rest of the team keep up this amazing piece of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Δriël View Post
    Really great to see so much progress been here since the start
    I can nothing but concur haha
    I said it before and I say it again, I started this just with a an intended small but hopefully appriciated DCI:TA-based submod to TATW, but thanks to the team that gathered it has grown to something far greater, suprising even me each time I think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Δriël View Post
    I'll keep giving my support to what it is to me the most anticipated sub-mod of the year. Ngugi and the rest of the team keep up this amazing piece of art.
    Indeed you do! If there's ever a preview or sneak peak not commented upon by Ariël it will feel a bit empty ^^
    Last edited by Ngugi; September 19, 2014 at 02:13 PM.

The progress that is made is just unbeleivable...you really had puted much effort in this..... i am waiting loong for that beta and ive been dying to try it!Lest hope that this will be soon! And of course a great congratsoulasion on the projct leader (i think is Ngugi :p) and the entire team for all that work greatly accurate to books!!Splendid work mates!!!!
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.” -Aragorn

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    I can nothing but concur haha
    I said it before and I say it again, I started this just with a an intended small but hopefully appriciated DCI:TA-based submod to TATW, but thanks to the team that gathered it has grown to something far greater, suprising even me each time I think about it

Indeed you do! If there's ever a preview or sneak peak not commented upon by Ariël it will feel a bit empty ^^
    I even feel flattered haha ^^. Well patiently waiting for the beta *Whispers* (Hurry UP!).
    It's good to see this become much more than what the team was thinking .
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; September 20, 2014 at 10:02 AM.

I do have a few notes that I would like to share with you. The Lindon's general bodyguard is probably my favorite unit, I really like what you did with it, but there seems to be some weirdness going on in the abdomen region, maybe it's the texture, the uv map, the bone weighting or a combination of two. Also the specular map of the torso doesn't seem to match the rest of the armor, don't know if that's on purpose. If you'd like I can take a look at the model and texture and make the necessary adjustments.
    That's your favourite haha? That one was a real rush job to be honest.

I think its just poor texturing on my part to be honest, just had a look at the burning/dodging on it is pretty bad, also most of my spec maps are fairly simple rush jobs.

I fully intend to go back and fix and improve all the models and textures I've done after I've done a first pass on all the units. I'm getting better the more units I make so when I go back hopefully I should be able to make some really nice stuff .

Another minor gripe is with the dunedain lords mercenaries, they use a version of elendil's helmet and the texture imo has a low resolution. If you'd like you can contact me so we can rework the unit together.
    I believe this is a unit from another sub mod, we're using it is a place holder for now, I never was a fan of the helmet either.

I even feel flattered haha ^^. Well patiently waiting for the beta *Whispers* (Hurry UP!).
    It's good to see this become much more than what the team was thinking
    Its coming soon , in fact another preview will be even sooner hehe

@Northern Ranger & Ariel

Cheers for your support guys, really helps keep everyone motivated!

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

very encouraging all those posts above,just wanted to say,In Last Alliance we Trust
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Gondor's Avatar Foederatus

Was perusing the TW forums and just ran into this.

All I can say is holy , this is going to be amazing. Great work, everybody!
    "I do not believe this darkness will endure."