Page 54 of 164 FirstFirst ... 42944454647484950515253545556575859606162636479104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3265

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - Eryn Galen (Silvan Elves) preview released 23d June

Amazing!!

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam
    ~ Patronized by Gaius Baltar, son of the Great Family of imb39, of the House of Garbarsardar, of the Noble House of Wilpuri.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - Eryn Galen (Silvan Elves) preview released 23d June

I like it But I have two small quibbles.

1. Heavy armour on Silvan Elves? Oropher's people took devastating losses in the War of The Last Alliance exactly because they wore little armour and were rash and undisciplined (and I know Ngugi knows this, we have discussed it). Gameplay reasons?
    2. You might want to consider more blond and light brown on the Woodmen (minor quibble). Do you know you can have various hair colours within the unit?

Otherwise, fine work.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Glad to hear

1) I understand your wonder, and will make clear the viewpoint taken here.
    The Silvan Elves were hardy and valiant, but ill-equipped with armour or weapons in comparison with the Eldar of the West; also they were independent, and not disposed to place themselves under the supreme command of Gil-galad. Their losses were thus more grievous than they need have been, even in that terrible war. Malgalad and more than half his following perished in the great battle of the Dagorlad, being cut off from the main host and driven into the Dead Marshes. Oropher was slain in the first assault upon Mordor, rushing forward at the head of his most doughty warriors before Gil-galad had given the signal for the advance.
    First we heed the difference between the folks, for example compair Kingdom of Lindon's first and second infantry + cavalry archer units to Eryn Galen's:
    First infantry

Second infantry

Cavalry Archers

The EG units are much less well equipped than KoL's units, even if taking the armour upgrades into concern, and the difference is even greater with the 3d tier units. This mean at any stage the EG armies will be lesser armoured, and armed, also in the context that my system for stats take creators into account.
    The armour they carry give less stats than the ones KoL units use, and even two units carry the exact same design a KoL lamellar would still grant them better protection than an EG lamellar because of the smiths envisioned behind them.

Secondly, while most of the Silvans properly can be concluded to been wearing less armour than KoL (and we'll make difference between EG and Lorien here too) I do not think they have to be expected to been much less armoured than as we depict them, with leaders decending from Beleriand - though it may be that Tolkien indeed did had a second 'fall of Denethor the Nandor' in mind.
    Important to their losses, beside what gear they carried and I am open to speculate more important than what gear they carried, was their impatience, unwillingness to cooperate and aggresivness, which caused them to become cut off and make unsupported assult, dealing them significant losses.
    This in turn will be depicted with the units being less drilled to take formation and more eager to attack without orders.

Thirdly yes, indeed gameplay has been takein into account. But if I did not trust in above two arguments as a credible option of interpetation we would not taken this path

2) Yeah, was something I noted myself, though at a point when it's put on the To Do list for later.
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 01, 2014 at 01:02 AM. Reason: grammar

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC Moderator
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

wonderful work guys

the hooded troops are awesome and the general attention to details is impressive, my only complaint is that by the time it will be ready I will probably be the same age as Cirdan ...

keep up the good work, this is easily going to be one of the best mods ever (and I can't wait to review it )
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Thanks for spending time on a detailed reply Ngugi, I appreciate it.

And I thought it was something like that, but without their stats I could not be certain.

I have never seen any unit attack without orders for the player. Can it be done? There are also such things one could do as not give them the ability to form shield wall, etc.

Blog Entries

in Vanilla M2TW units could "charge without orders", and "fire at will" also allow units to well .. fire at will, though I probably misunderstood your post Mac, I'm sure you are aware of those details
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Skald's Avatar Decanus

great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    in Vanilla M2TW units could "charge without orders", and "fire at will" also allow units to well .. fire at will, though I probably misunderstood your post Mac, I'm sure you are aware of those details
    They could, but they never did.

@ All
    Glad to see so positive respons, thank you guys ^^

@ Macilrille and Flinn
    I've been of teh impression that it take effect when in battle, that it increase risk of units going for another enemy unit who's closer by than the one you had intended; not that it made them rush foreward on their own when holding a line or soemthing like that (which indeed never happends)

@ Flinn
    You'll go Círdan-old this year?

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    @ Flinn
    That's great news

Blog Entries

@ Flinn
    we will see, we will see

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

this mod looks stunning! can't wait to see the mordor roster

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

The Mariners of the Kingdom of Lindon has been updated, and brough to the KoL preview.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Gratzy2 View Post
    this mod looks stunning! can't wait to see the mordor roster
    Glad to hear
    For the beta there will be little new material created for the Mordor roster; but some, and the roster will still take a step away from what TATW provide. Partly new soldiers will march under the Eye's banner and new beasts will bring terror to the foes, as for example hungry werewolves.
    Last edited by Ngugi; June 30, 2014 at 07:28 AM.

Very nice. Does it have an upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Bercor View Post
    Very nice. Does it have an upgrade?
    Will actually have to get back on you on that question; the previous model began with leather armour and was upgraded to lamellar armour.
    Weitehr there's a prior/unupgraded version of this model I have not asked for, as I did not pondered it, but will return when Curufin replies

For the beta there will be little new material created for the Mordor roster; but some, and the roster will still take a step away from what TATW provide. Partly new soldiers will march under the Eye's banner and new beasts will bring terror to the foes, as for example hungry werewolves.

Did a ferrit said BETA >?????
    Ohh I'm so ready haha Volunter for the DCI: LA Beta Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Δriël View Post

Did a ferrit said BETA >?????
    Ohh I'm so ready haha Volunter for the DCI: LA Beta Legion.
    We have a legion?

The beta aims to get feedback on mainly
    1) our completly revamped battle balance
    2) the camapign balance matters with its greatly different situation
    3) and testing of our extensive scripts by Withwnar that are, may I say, plainly
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

one question, what unit will be used as dunedain bodyguard?

The general unit has not been created yet, but will be an infantry unit, since the Numenoreans had a limited amount of horses of fitting size. Presumably based upon the Dúnedain mercenary Heavy Infantry-unit (last unit in the NK-preview) with elements from the Numenorean Rouqen [TATW's Arnor infantry], and whatever creativity we spice it with further hehe.

Equal to TATW the starting princes of Belfalas will be mounted, as will presumably a few other starting generals such as Anarion, Isildur's brother. Also some with other uniqe BGs such as a Rhudaur Torog Feredir-general.