Page 5 of 164 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP

Numenoreans sounds best...I also saw Glorfindel will be in !
    Will you change his face from the original one in TATW, he looks not so brave, mighty and awesome...

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Unless I stumble upon any image I think would be more fitting, the answer will be more No than Yes
    I intend to use this instead of the one currently in though
    I'm actually quite fond of the choise here, as Elves are not described as any macho-looking stereotype fantasy warriors. No doubt manly (in the cases of males) they are still fair, and I appriciate that one of the mightiest Elven warriros do not look like we Men consider or assumes a mighty warrior should look like.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

That one looks already way better than the one in vanilla...!

Will your Numenorean units look like the ones from the movies? Opening scene, Battle of the Last Alliance?
    So similar to the units Arnor has right now?
    Last edited by Eönwë; October 08, 2012 at 02:38 PM.

Yes, Arnors units as well as any that looks appropiate in the same manner.
    All who look 3d Age movie-style will be removed hehe
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 08, 2012 at 02:56 PM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

I would like to say that I am particularly interested in this submod, as I see it as a chance to get away from anything too inspired by the movies.

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

Maybe you could use BFME 2 Glorfindel?

You might be able to edit the picture so his hair will be golden, like they are meant to be.
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

I will follow this., but one day, in this or another mod, i would love their to be a proper numenorien faction... lol

@bowmaster
    I love drawn images, bute since the majority of pics are not that would clash to much

@avenging
    Dunno weither you consider out current endevour a proper or not but units who do resemble movie plate armour is rejected
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 09, 2012 at 07:17 PM.

What are you planning for Harad?

Currently not that much in details; corsair units goes out, Black Númenórean elites goes in, will call for a rebalancing of the roster and updates of some buildings, as well as much rework of anc's and traits
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 10, 2012 at 07:42 AM.

I suspect that the Numenoreans in this will be real powerhouses.

Indeed, they will be close to elven units; expensiv but worth it
    Will presumably be nice to see some Númenóreans on Black Númenóreans rumble

What will be the state of Calenardhon?

Isengard and the Hornburg has been built and is in the hands of the Numenoreans as well as the region later known as Wold.
    The rest is either rebel or in the hands of the allied Men of the Mountains, as can be seen on the map in the OP

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Isengard and the Hornburg has been built and is in the hands of the Numenoreans as well as the region later known as Wold.
    The rest is either rebel or in the hands of the allied Men of the Mountains, as can be seen on the map in the OP
    So, it will be a sort of a mini campaign when playing as the Numenoreans to fully own the area to be able to pass an army through in an easier way?

It will be a very reasonable strategy to connect the two parts of the realm, but in the way is the Wildmen of Enedwaith and for how long can the Men of the Mountains be expected to honor their oaths, 'secret' followers of Sauron as they are, once the Invasions start?
    At the same time the Arnor realm will have OotMM in the east and the yet unnamed faction in teh north to consider while down in the Gondor part obviously Mordor and Harad is at your tail. Will be a handful.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    It will be a very reasonable strategy to connect the two parts of the realm, but in the way is the Wildmen of Enedwaith and for how long can the Men of the Mountains be expected to honor their oaths, 'secret' followers of Sauron as they are, once the Invasions start?
    Damn, that sounds like the makings of a great script.... When will this be released again? lol

Also... wanted to comment on this:

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille
    When are you coming to Denmark for that beer I owe you? I was thinking a Fursty Ferret from Badger Breweries of Dorset would be appropriate.
    Is that a real beer? I wants it soo bad based on the name alone.

Not even needed, since the AI can break alliances for the cause of Invasions, and most likely will
    Don't even try, mister

Yeah, that's one epic name
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM.

What about the Dwarves? Are they going to do anything or are they just going to sit in their Halls eating salted pork?

Depending; they'll do what they usually do I get, butt heads with Goblins hehe, but if the player they may join the last Alliance assults
    Beside that dwarves will be mercs for both Invasions and Last Alliance, found in the east and around Khazad-dûm is the plan