Page 26 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435365176126 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP. Preview of the Númenórean roster added

have you fixed the climate issues like Gondor should have a Mediterranean climate its easy to do I have by using Geomode

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by smoesville View Post
    I thought they lived further north around Lake Evendim?
    It states "they dwelt in the country about Lake Nenuial (Evendim, north of the Shire)", of which I read that the Lake is north of the Shire, not that the Elves were restricted to be north of the Shire, and looking at the distances the North Farthing is just next door, thus "about"

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    @Ngugi

I didn't argue the existence of descendants of Bor's People at eastern Eriador; They were numerous, and in contrast to the Edainic people of Evendim, North Down and Weather Hills they weren't especially assimilated to the Numenoreans as their allegiance to the Witch King showed several generations later. I understand that an evil presence is needed for gameplay reasons at the north of Arnor, but I don't think they deserve their own faction. Regarding the quote from of the Rings of Power I consider it a frail argument for an evil faction up there, as I can think at least 4 other groups of people to whom the particular quote could be adressed with more credibility
    Non the less it was essential to my argumentation, as I deemed it hehe
    The quote from OtTAatRoP is obviously not one of any great importance to the argumentation for the faction, it's just a thematical inspiration, while I see no reason to why it should be argued a Hillmen population in Rhudaur is to be excluded, if one as I belive they lived there already.

Can describe out planned idea behind the faction HotN;
    They will have a limited roster of their own, representing the evil folk in North Eriador/Angmar as well as the (possibly related) Hillmen. When becoming allied with OotMM and Mordor they will be able to build Raiding Camps, which allow recrutment of Orc units, as from an encouragement from the Dark Lords side. Also two pair of Boldog chieftains (generals) will be spawned, and during tehir existance also white wolves of teh north and trolls will be avilable.
    It will be tweaked for the AI.

While there are many gameplay consideratiosn taken I persoanlly maintain the stance that it is a credible faction.

It's well known that both the Wildmen of Minhiriath, the Dunledings and the Men of the Mts were close relatives, but
    a) I doubt that the first 2 groups were communicating at all, being situated at the remaining forests of southern Minhiriath and the Feet of the Misty Mts respectively and not a network of villages spreading from Baranduin at the West to the vales of Anduin at the East as they did before the War of the Elves and Sauron
    (I also doubt that the remaining Wildmen were more numerous than the Lossoth or the Druedain in order to warrant a faction).
    b)Plus, it's a logical assumption that Arnor was controlling the northern bank of Gwathlo from Tharbad to Lond Daer Ened via small outposts and watchtowers, subsequently not allowing any communication between them unhintered
    a) The remnants of Minhiriath do not have to be many, the province of "their" keeping is restricted to one naturally, but as part of a tradition of shared military ventures with their eastern kin they as part of this nation (and from that a faction) is credible.
    Then I do belive this nation during the 1000-2000 years that passed since they were driven away had repopulated Enedwaith (from the east can be guessed), or least held strategic dominance over the area of equal importance, enough to deem the land theirs even during the end of the Second Age;
    76 The Enedhwaith (or Central Wilderness) was shared by the North and South Kingdoms, but was never settled by Numenoreans owing to the hostility of the Gwathuirim (Dunlendings), except in the fortified town and haven about the great bridge over the Greyflood at Tharbad.
    - HoME 12; Of Dwarves and Men; Notes
    b) One messenger can be enough, if only to debate the logical stance in the concept, saying "Your kinfolks are rising against the hated Núemnóreans, will you join us?"
    With RL history as inspiration that not a far fetched situation.

Regarding Gondor, it's stated in Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion" that Tarranon expanded his kingdom to the coasts South and West of the Mouths of Anduin To me this is interpreted as west of Belfalas, considering that Dol Amroth was already founded
    Indeed, well then out Anfalas goes
    I like, to play NK will be a rough experience ^^

Regarding Dwarves, in page 302 -303 and note 25 they're mentioned owning Eren Mithrin, Iron Hills, and the Eastern Hithaeglir from Gundabad to Moria before the War of the Elves and Sauron, and that they lost Gundabad and Mithrin at that. So IMO these 2 go together, either they're both Dwarven or both Orcish.
    We both refere to the same quote here (p. 302) but I put emphasis on the word "They regarded the Iron Hills, the Ered Mithrin ..." as it was a perception, not a real political fact, just as the land south of was considered part of Gondor or Beleriand long times was in the hands of Morgoth's forces while Thingol claimed it.
    I see no reason to take Mt Gundabad into the matter of Grey Mountains since Gundabad was between them, or if to be nitpicking closer into Misty Mountains than Grey'

(Hope I'm not harsh, it's just that I consider the Dark Years, Middle Men and the Northern Kingdom my areas of expertise in Tolkien lore )
    Naa, mainly take time to reply when one has to provide replies to an equal's many inputs haha

Quote Originally Posted by goldenrichard View Post
    have you fixed the climate issues like Gondor should have a Mediterranean climate its easy to do I have by using Geomode
    No, not as yet; we'll get there once some other matters are taken cared of

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    DCI: LA take the opportunity to direct an official thanks to our latest provided permissions;

* cedric37 who enable us to make the game more fitting and beautiful trough his UI work http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=351984

* Kolwen with crew that granted us a uniqe permission to the Tree Kin and warrior chariots [one of our options displayed; will either way be reskinned] from The Sundering http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=585914
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Image by paramed

Image by Angus Young

* Devils_Advocate that granted us permission to edit his custom settlements
    Thus a healitier white Minas Ithil with no balrog statues (reworked by Emperor of Hell)
    Terrain around is dark since it's the black Ephel Dúath, the Mountains of Shadow, it lies in (beside bad weather).
    So... Huorns and Wainriders?
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    So... Huorns and Wainriders?
    Huorns yes, and while not Wainriders per se (as it clearly stated they as a people did not appear for another ca 2000 years) so elite units with warrior chariots. Edit: thin line but we'll go there
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 21, 2014 at 08:46 AM.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Huorns yes, and while not Wainriders per se (as it clearly stated they as a people did not appear for another ca 2000 years) so elite units with warrior chariots. Edit: thin line but we'll go there
    I didn't mean the people themselves, but mostly someone who rides a chariot.
    It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it.
    Proud supporter and fan of Fourth Age: Total War

There will be chariot riders for rhun yes, although we haven't looked at the evil troop trees in depth as of yet, we're taking it a faction at a time when it comes to fleshed out rosters.
    Last edited by Curufin; February 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Glad to see that work is progressing!
    Hope for continued advancement for this mod.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Thanks mate! There's much will, heart and, if my fellows ever need to get me going, whip in this project

Last edited by Ngugi; February 12, 2013 at 03:25 PM.

How is everything going here ?

We're still working away don't worry , hopefully we'll have the next faction preview up next weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by Curufin View Post
    We're still working away don't worry , hopefully we'll have the next faction preview up next weekend...
    Niceee

Lü Bu's Avatar "Mightyest Man Alive"

First try of Gil-Galad /many things will be changed /like detailed spear,etc//

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    Check update thread for new HQ models
    My Workshop™

Ah, we'll be able to properly sing
    Gil-galad was an Elven-king.
    Of him the harpers sadly sing:
    the last whose realm was fair and free
    between the Mountains and the Sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
    his shining helm afar was seen;
    the countless stars of heaven's field
    were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
    and where he dwelleth none can say;
    for into darkness fell his star
    in Mordor where the shadows are.
    as soundtrack when we go to battle in the future (and hopefully with a less blue tune and end)

Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

Quote Originally Posted by Lü Bu View Post
    First try of Gil-Galad /many things will be changed /like detailed spear,etc//

OHHH Nicee Lu Bu . Already Imagine Myself Using Gil-galad + Aeglos = Orc Kicking Time !.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

There is not enough rep for you man

Outstanding Lubu!! Can't wait to lead the host of lindon with this guy.

Thanks guys...next character will be probably Elendil...maybe Isildur
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

Small preview: King Elendil //i will probably make him a bit older later//

Last edited by Lü Bu; February 18, 2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Proud patron of Wlesmana
    Assyria Total War
    My Workshop™

Sweet jesus, how are your face textures so detailed!