Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Hey guys ! Two more questions/remarks:
    - I broke through Mordor with the Noldor, now I launched Tol Acharn against Barad-Dûr to engage the ultimate fight against Sauron ; yet I'm feel like my allies are currently having difficulties to make it to Mordor ; my strategy is to give back to Gondor Minas Ithil and Cirith Duath so they have a channel to rush in, while I control the Morannon to get my own reinforcements ; but the others factions such as Lorthlorien and Silvan Elves don't have any way to enter Mordor except by going all the way around (which takes a very long time + the probability to loose troops because of desertion) ; why not make a double-square way through the Vale of Ithil/Morgul for instance ? I mean I understand that Mordor needs to be hard to reach (one does not simply walk into it, so they say), but isn't (one of) the purpose(s) of DCI:LA to have a huge brawl down the tower Barad-Dûr ?
    - It's a mere detail, but I thought the Black Gate was built only by the Third Age (it's the same battle-map than TATW)...
    Last edited by Green Partizan; January 09, 2021 at 08:32 AM.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

The ai pathfinding is not very good in med2 and I'm afraid there is not much we can do about it.

I think the black gate and barad dur were built with the power of the one ring which Sauron made in the second age.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by Green Partizan View Post
    isn't (one of) the purpose(s) of DCI:LA to have a huge brawl down the tower Barad-Dûr ?
    An alliance against Sauron and Mordor, yes, but Barad-dur itself wasn't the intended target for this mod. If a path into Mordor was widened then armies could slip by the 'blocking' settlements without a fight. The settlements' red zone of control would force that movement to be only one tile at a time, but still, potentially way too easy.

Dear All,
    Playing as the NK, I started Isildur's Curse in turn 26. After ending my turn 35, the game crashes to desktop immediately following the MotM turn (when Mordor turn starts). Previously, I played as the Khazad until turn 60 or more and all was fine. I suspect that something is wrong with the Curse scipt but could not find out. Could you please check the scirpt and let me know? I attach the relevant save (I hope that the upload works).
    BTW, this is the best TATW mod I've played. Many thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I've been experimenting a bit and can confirm that eliminating MotM faction before ending my turn 35 solve the problem (no crash in that case). This confirms my suspicion that something is wrong with the "killing blow" part of Isildur's Curse script.

@AetiusBoemus
    I get the crash but can't see why. If others report it in their campaigns then I'll investigate further. For now I'll assume it's a one-off glitch (which is near impossible to find the cause of).

To carry on with your campaign, follow the instructions in the DcilaReference PDF's "Custom Script" section with the following commands...

retire_characters milan, named_character
    give_everything_to_faction milan slave false
    historic_event motm_isildurs_curse_motm_dead

@Withwnar
    The Custom Script is a great tool. The issue is that using the above commands results in another CTD following the end of turn (even when the MotM faction is dead). The reason behind that CTD is in the "retire_characters milan, named_character" command since without this one command, everything is fine (apart from the obvious fact that MotM characters become Rebels). Unfortunately, I am not able to examine specifics. Anyway, thank you again.

Senator

It's a mere detail, but I thought the Black Gate was built only by the Third Age (it's the same battle-map than TATW)...
    It's a bit vague.

The Silmarillion:
    "From Imladris they crossed the Misty Mountains by many passes and marched down the River Anduin, and so came at last upon the host of Sauron on Dagorlad, the Battle Plain, which lies before the gate of the Black Land."

It could be taken literally or it could just mean that the pass is the gateway to Mordor .
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Quote Originally Posted by AetiusBoemus View Post
    The reason behind that CTD is in the "retire_characters milan, named_character" command since without this one command, everything is fine (apart from the obvious fact that MotM characters become Rebels).
    Thanks for mentioning that. I'll have that line taken out of the next version. It's presence wasn't critical but might be a cause of CTDs for other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    It could be taken literally or it could just mean that the pass is the gateway to Mordor .
    Or some lesser gate that used to be there before they built The Black Gate.
    Last edited by Withwnar; January 16, 2021 at 12:34 AM.

I just installed this submod and started up a campaign and noticed I am not getting the popups with all the story/background on the faction. How do I turn those on?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi, welcome to the forums!

I think you're triggering them by pressing the shortcuts. Press F1 to see what the shortcuts are.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Hi, welcome to the forums!

I think you're triggering them by pressing the shortcuts. Press F1 to see what the shortcuts are.
    I'm not seeing any shortcuts in there that would do it. Besides, with every other mod, submod and base total war game I've played all those flavor text popups came up automatically (those ones that pile up on the left when there are multiple). I shouldn't have to press a shortcut to get them to appear. It feels like something went wrong with my installation or something.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked. I think there were a couple of bugfix files I forgot to install the first time around. Thanks for the help and thanks for welcoming me to the forums!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great you managed to solve it!
    Last edited by Araval; January 21, 2021 at 02:48 PM.

just made an account to post this cause the mod is pretty good but major bug found that destroyed my campaing. so, i started a campaign with gobos, i ended up messing up the wood elves for 30 turns but then decided that hey, restarting and hardcore focusing the dwarves seems way more fun. i restart, group up all my units and send a 20 man stack towards moria, but before it got anywhere close, the easternmost shitville that the gobos start with got attacked by 2 dwarf units, the melee and ranged "special" dwarf units that u can only recruit in eastern provinces, halfway thru the battle the game crashes to desktop. ive tried to replay the battle twice, and it seems that right when i get their melee unit to rout the game crashes, which can be a major problem considering the dwarves are not beatable by autoresolve as goblins no matter how many numbers u got

i hope u can fix it, honestly one of the best mods ive tried in any game, much love

i couldnt figure out how to edit it, name of the unit is "orocani" and to be more specific, i attacked them from inside my besieged settlemet, and i was using the starting worg gobo hero, 3 basic gobos, i noticed that their siege equiptment was spawned even tho they were the defenders, that might also play a role

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by insanatorium View Post
    i couldnt figure out how to edit it, name of the unit is "orocani" and to be more specific, i attacked them from inside my besieged settlemet, and i was using the starting worg gobo hero, 3 basic gobos, i noticed that their siege equiptment was spawned even tho they were the defenders, that might also play a role
    From the FAQ: 'Sorry for the inconvenience, members have to have 25 posts and been registered for at least one week in order to edit their posts. This was introduced to prevent spam advertising accounts from editing their posts'.

Not sure what is happening here. It would be nice if you could upload a save game form just before the turn your game crashes. You can share by using your google drive and posting the link for the file here, or use a file hosting site like Mega NZ for instance. It's probably a good idea to zip the save game file before uploading it.

A workaround for you problem is using the console, which usually can be done by pressing the ~ key. Then type 'auto_win attacker' and play the battle. Here is a video that shows this, go to 1.45
    Last edited by Veteraan; January 24, 2021 at 05:02 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

sadly that save doesnt exist, im currently 30+ turns later in the campaign and coincidentally the game just crashed again during a battle with dwarfs, (without the oricami units present) so it might be something else about the dwarfs. ill put that save aside and upload 2 the next time i crash, ive had 6 crashes in battles with dwarfs in about 15 fights

so after further testing ive realized that the crash most likely is related to the voices that the orc/goblin faction units make when the player orders them to charge, ive had it happen when im charging an enemy at least 15-20 times so far in my gobo and mordor playthru, i have the savefiles as well if u are interested. No crashes whatsoever in a full dwarf campaign on the other hand, so this is evil faction specific

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

I missed this. Yes we would be interested in a save file.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze