Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Isildur's & Anárion's sons battle models + Mordor preview video (page 139)

The models look great, but I can't fail to notice that the Rhovanion swords seem... awfully blunt compared to the numenorean ones. xD Like, they almost seem rounded and the end, like they were safety swords for training. Or for children.

But that's besides the point - I wanted to ask if you will give an announcement of the premiere in advance when you're ready, or just take us by surprise? I'd like to prepare for the release by maybe taking a leave from work or something so that I can DEMOLISH the dwarven campaign and make Durin proud.

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Rhovanion generals + Isildur's & Anárion's sons battle models + Mordor preview video (page 139)

I know what you mean about the swords, I'll see what I can do.

I believe there will be an announcement of the release date. There hasn't be one yet because the team doesn't want to be constantly disappointing people when inevitably the date is missed because of the various challenges of making a mod.

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Rhovanion generals + Isildur's & Anárion's sons battle models + Mordor preview video (page 139)

Hi team!
    Any news for us desperate-for-more-content-followers?

P.S.
    Stay healthy everyone!

Patrician

I have something I can show while you guys patiently wait. check back later today.

Patrician

Elite Elven Bodyguard

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

The detailing is mesmerizing
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

These are all very good indeed.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

splendid work you guys, i just finished watching your vids, cant wait to have a crack, especially at the smaller factions, i love me some underdogs.

that said, i noticed a bit of an oddity in the hillmen roster, namely the lack of spears post-barrack.

it seems a bit odd, since it would indeed be the most important weapon, for its use as a the mainstay of all infantry, its cheapness, and to combat an enemy with stronger cavalry.

there is plenty of axes and javelins, im in fact a bit surprised the post-barracks axemen dont have javelins. they seem to be a more seasoned version of the axemen (yeomen in the older preview, which i thought was a nice touch, as naming units by their function is a bit generic, but that may just be me).

have you considered a spear equivalent to the reavers?

equivalent as in "post-barrack", still lighter armoured, but a notch above the common hillmen. imagine sons of landholder or lesser hillmen who have "gone viking" a bit, and thus are somewhat wealthier and more experienced. not just serfs, but men of lesser standing who have some achievements as warriors in their own right.

i should add that while i no longer have the time to be a "full-time modder", small things like that is where i could could still be of assistance
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; March 16, 2020 at 10:13 AM.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thanks for the praise on the behalf of the team!

It's been so long that I can't remember all the details from the roster's development. Probably Ngugi can explain better.

Post the barracks event they'll need armour piercing axes the most because they could be possibly facing heavily armoured numenoreans, elves and dwarves. The Hillmen spearmen should be enough to counter what cavalry they could have. Also, they will get one visual armour upgrade. Maybe even a second one but this isn't certain at the moment. There isn't as much cavalry around too because the generic bodyguards of elves and numenoreans are infantry.

About the javelins, I don't know.

Since we want to release 1.0 we won't be adding any new units that could change balance at this stage anyhow. But we appreciate the offer!

thanks for the response!

absolutely with you on getting this out the door asap

armour upgrades is definitely something id been looking for, dont think they are in the previews. but good to know, ill make sure there will be plenty of evil doings round dem parts

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Elite Elven Bodyguard
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Astonishing work!

Great mod, is there an alpha release date?

Discussion on this site only in English please.
    Last edited by Veteraan; April 14, 2020 at 12:28 PM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by thorin418 View Post
    Great mod, is there an alpha release date?
    There is no alpha release date. We are pretty close to finishing a Beta though. Having said that, some real life issues within the team make it very difficult to estimate when exactly we are ready to release.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Best wishes for the team and your upcoming release whenever that may be.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; April 14, 2020 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    There is no alpha release date. We are pretty close to finishing a Beta though. Having said that, some real life issues within the team make it very difficult to estimate when exactly we are ready to release.
    Sorry to hear that and hope that everyone stays healthy!

Also, if you guys are planing to recruit some beta testers in future - count me in. Will give you some great and detailed feedback.

are you guys planning a video preview for the numenorians? seems they are the only faction without one.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    are you guys planning a video preview for the numenorians? seems they are the only faction without one.
    Thinks this will be the last before release,at least that understand when ask Ngugi in Youtube.I looking forward for a Hotseat in that! Athelstan start finding ppl to join!
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dannyalex View Post
    Thinks this will be the last before release,at least that understand when ask Ngugi in Youtube.I looking forward for a Hotseat in that! Athelstan start finding ppl to join!
    We shall see....
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by HannibalExMachina View Post
    I am sure they will do one for their Flagship faction. Being left for last was the best choice, the faction looks pretty big and diverse, so we can expect some unique mechanics for it. This mod is a beauty to behold.
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; April 29, 2020 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Best wishes for the team and your upcoming release whenever that may be.
    This!, the team needs more positivity like this