Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Senator

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Rhovanion preview-video out 13th Nov (page 130)

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    The Northmen of Rhovanion are looking great, very awesome stuff, but where's the love for the Elven women Ngugi? Galadriel is so thick and juicy you could bounce a Tharni silver coin off her tightly-squeezed buns. Those butt cheeks alone could be used like bongo drums to sound the alarm for attack. Arwen has got milk jugs and gazongas that she could use to smother and pacify the enemy, beating them mercilessly with her breasts and suffocating them in her cleavage. Clearly you haven't thought of the potential for Elven lasses.
    Nothing to critize, but WTF?

Rhovanion is the best preview so far Imho.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Rhovanion preview-video out 13th Nov (page 130)

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    Nothing to critize, but WTF?

Rhovanion is the best preview so far Imho.
    Roma_Victrix is a jester when in the mood, haha

Thanks, quite pleased with teh outcome and shall keep the rest at level

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Nice work with the video, it's a really superb walk through of the campaign. That thumbnail artwork is also really, really cool.
    Thanks Roma! Mmm, very fititng piece of art ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Awesome preview, thanks for sharing! And it's very interesting how you explain the lore. Looking forward to the reléase!
    FOLLOWERS OF THE WHITE HAND - Isengard Submod

Happy to ^^ Good that, since our mod is set in an Age that most are not familiar with I fro mthe outset felt it is helpful to offer the background of the faction to present.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

The choice for the first faction to be played become harder and harder !

Goodo, then we done the factions justice ^^

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Awesome!!

What are are the nexts steps, or what is still going in development until the release ?

Some models to be made in full (units as well as officers) or merely tweaked, a bunch of 2D job, strategy map models for faction which ought to be the largest effort ahead, and always balance testing as we move along. So, no dates, but we see the horizon. The preview videos are somewhat of a count-down 
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 26, 2018 at 03:11 AM.

Ok good to know; And sorry for being a little bit off topic, but for the unit cards, how do get this "cartoon" style ? You don't take screenshots from the game i presume. You use directly the mapped model in milkshape or 3ds ?
    Each time i use the screenshot, the final result is a little bit ugly..

You use directly the mapped model in milkshape or 3ds ?
    Aye, its done that way.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Ok, dear friend, I just watched a bit ahead in the video you advertise in you signature, it's quite long and I admit I do not have the patience to study Tolkienesque lore like I was preparing a dissertation on the hundred years war, so I skipped ahead.
    Good stuff overall but I do have a complaint about a rather serious matter.

In 25':26'' you say the shields are by Araval and the textures are by "paliagos".
    The shields are the textures man, Araval will tell you that making a cylinder in milkshape and reducing it's height is a no brainer.
    These are my assets.
    They been available in the M2TW Skins&Models download section since July 26, 2017 and I have been showcasing them in my thread in the Graphics Workshop, as I was making them.
    In the download page you can see the terms of use:
    You may use them in your game, without permission.
    You may use them in you mod with a reference to me.
    You may not use them for profit.
    I am of course flattered that my work has been judged of high enough standards to be used in a larger project and certainly happy that it is not just some showcase in some obscure asset library.

Still, I believe a certain ethical redress about this is in order.
    Such action would add me to the list of contributors in the OP of this thread and ideally (if possible) editing the video you uploaded to YouTube, to mention me as one of the sources.
    If any other of my assets have been used, I believe it is only fair that I am properly credited for them in the OP as well as any video.
    If you need anything else that does not yet exist, you may contact me for it and I will make it if I can, just as I have made things for TGC.

It's not a matter of using my work without permission, as permission for use has been given in advance to one and all.
    The grievance is about not attributing my work to me.
    I believe I can trust in your sense of fairness.
    Last edited by paleologos; November 28, 2018 at 08:11 PM.

@paleologos
    Certainly paleologos (and pardon for mispronounce your name), it's already added, which I should done long ago. Araval had been clear on who provided the front side texture assets and it's merely I who faulted; thought I had added you to the credits. Though I will be correct and present the front side texture as yours as I will be fair and not ignore the work of others either, as it's more work than just a frontside: https://i.imgur.com/C2mvUGk.jpg
    A simple PM or visitor message would sufficed and it would been corrected. As is obvious from being brought up in our public preview video, it's not like we tried to hide the credit, but an honest misstake.
    As a frequent visitor of the Screenshots-thread you should noticed we been up and frank with credit since we first showed a Rhovanion cavalry model with it back in March already: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15550492
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 29, 2018 at 03:04 AM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    A simple PM or visitor message would sufficed and it would been corrected.
    Yeah, I now think my reaction was more intense than needed.

As is obvious from being brought up in our public preview video, it's not like we tried to hide the credit, but an honest misstake.
    I know. There were distractions when I was viewing the video.

As a frequent visitor of the Screenshots-thread you should noticed we been up and frank with credit since we first showed a Rhovanion cavalry model with it back in March already: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15550492
    That was back in April.
    I believe I can be forgiven for not remembering it was this mod.

All in all, I'm satisfied.
    Everything I make is meant to be used by everyone.
    All I want to be credited properly.
    Now I also think it would be safer for all intents and purposes, that I am given the heads up in time.
    If you need anything else let me know.

Very good, all brought to a satisfactory conclusion

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

And here i was grabbing my popcorn hoping on something interesting to happen.

The DCI team proudly presents

Lothlórien

This ancient realm is a home of the Silvans, masters of woodcraft.
    They have welcomed valiant and learned Sindar as their lords, and opened their borders for Noldor who fled from the destruction of Eregion.
    The kingdom must now draw from the strength of each kindred in order to defy Mordor's tyranny and strengthen the Alliance of Elves and Men.
    Celeborn and Galadriel offer their aid, and king Amdir whet his axe.

Source (for better size): https://youtu.be/1a0lpCK5oOo

See Araval's new Elven portraits, and Ent portraits two posts below, here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15705409
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 20, 2018 at 09:38 PM.

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Lothlórien preview-video out 1st Dec (page 131)

Another great preview! I'm looking forward to the release!

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Lothlórien preview-video out 1st Dec (page 131)

Happy you liked it, Akhenaten

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

What exacly is the usage of Baz44331 new mirkwood elven models in DAC?

I mean this:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...icial-Patch-M2