Page 57 of 164 FirstFirst ... 73247484950515253545556575859606162636465666782107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 3265

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - Eryn Galen (Silvan Elves) preview released 23d June

Can I ask something,
    isn't it High Elves faction.
    When it's separate it is Lindon & Imladris.
    Just asking... Don't be hasty! -Treebeard

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - Eryn Galen (Silvan Elves) preview released 23d June

I think in second age the High Elves werent separated... Imladris became to exist after the downfall of sauron that started the third age...

Correct me if i am wrong
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Imladris was founded in the Second Age (SA 1697), during the War of Elves and Sauron, after the sack of Ost-in-Edhil. It was part of Gil-galad's realm, under the rule of Elrond.

Ah, oke.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

As Infidel144 puts it.
    The War of the last Alliance start 3429 Second Age, which is 1732 years after Imladris had been established.
    Elrond will start in Imladris, as the faction heir, called Vice-regent.
    About the War of the Elves and Sauron:

When Sauron learned of the repentance and revolt of Celebrimbor his disguise fell and his wrath was revealed; and gathering a great force he moved over Calenardhon (Rohan) to the invasion of Eriador in the year 1695. When news of this reached Gil-galad he sent out a force under Elrond Half-elven; but Elrond had far to go, and Sauron turned north and made at once for Eregion.

... At last the attackers broke into Eregion with ruin and devastation... Elrond was able to extricate himself, but he was forced away northwards, and it was at that time [in the year 1697, according to the Tale of Years] that he established a refuge and stronghold at Imladris (Rivendell).

... But as he ravaged [Eriador], slaying or drawing off all the small groups of Men and hunting the remaining Elves, many fled to swell Elrond's host to the northward. Now Sauron's immediate purpose was to take Lindon, where he believed that he had most chance of seizing one, or more, of the Three Rings; and he called in therefore his scattered forces and marched west towards the land of Gil-galad, ravaging as he went. But his force was weakened by the necessity of leaving a strong detachment to contain Elrond and prevent him coming down upon his rear.

... [After Sauron's main force was defeated] the army that was besieging Imladris was caught between Elrond and Gil-galad, and utterly destroyed. Eriador was cleared of the enemy, but lay largely in ruins.
    At this time the first Council was held, and it was there determined that an Elvish stronghold in the east of Eriador should be maintained at Imladris rather than in Eregion. At that time also Gil-galad gave Vilya, the Blue Ring, to Elrond, and appointed him to be his vice-regent in Eriador; (...)

- Unfinished Tales
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 21, 2014 at 05:00 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    As Infidel144 puts it.
    The War of the last Alliance start 3429 Second Age, which is 1732 years after Imladris had been established.
    Elrond will start in Imladris, as the faction heir, called Vice-regent.
    About the War of the Elves and Sauron:
    Thanks, nice story.
    That was helpfull

I don't know much about book of Tolkien,
    but I watched every movie like 500 times,
    and Hobbits now I watch every day.

Quote Originally Posted by auxilium eos View Post
    I don't know much about book of Tolkien,
    but I watched every movie like 500 times,
    and Hobbits now I watch every day.
    If you want to learn about the true story o Lord of the rings youhave to read the books, the movies change much stuff that the books say and movies are just for entertaitment.... question how many books about LOTR how tolkien written?
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.” -Aragorn

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernRanger View Post
    If you want to learn about the true story o Lord of the rings youhave to read the books, the movies change much stuff that the books say and movies are just for entertaitment.... question how many books about LOTR how tolkien written?
    Books about Middle-earth, form the top of my head, are

Releases during Tolkien's life time:
    The Hobbit
    LotR + Appendicies (in Sweden, for example, the Appendicies has been released as a separate book in some cases)
    The Adventures of Tom Bombadil (poems)

Releases after Tolkien's death:
    Silmarillion
    Unfinished Tales
    the History of Middle-earth-series (12 books)
    The Children of Húrin‎

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Books about Middle-earth, form the top of my head, are

Releases during Tolkien's life time:
    The Hobbit
    LotR + Appendicies (in Sweden, for example, the Appendicies has been released as a separate book in some cases)
    The Adventures of Tom Bombadil (poems)

Releases after Tolkien's death:
    Silmarillion
    Unfinished Tales
    the History of Middle-earth-series (12 books)
    The Children of Húrin‎
    Yeah thats too much for a normal person to read !!
    “A day may come when the courage of men fails… but it is not THIS day.” -Aragorn

For the "common man" it's sufficent with the Hobbit and LotR.
    Add Silmarillion for those who get hooked on Middle-earth and want some awesome epic stories (while not a pure Tolkien creation, it's edited by his son from different sources mostly found in the HoME-series, Silmarillion is in my perosnal opinion much more interesting than LotR, but its writing style make it less suited to begin with for a reader).

The Children of Húrin‎ is a natural follow up to Silmarillion, as it's also a full and coherent fiction, for those who find the story of the tragic hero Túrin Turambar appealing (I have not read it, yet I guess, because, while his story is good, I despise Túrin haha)

Unfinished Tales are, as obvious, unfinished but fairly complete or troughout drafts and interesting short stories, still nothing you give to someone to read from cover to cover, it's stories for folks who are either interested in lore overall or interested about specific themes (for example the battles of the fords of Isen, where Théodred, son of Théoden, fell).
    The Adventures of Tom Bombadil I have not read, and the letters as well as the 12 HoME books are much for "academical interest". I've read five I think fully, the others only chapters here and there that has been of interest to me.

EDIT: And since it's getting off topic, and I'm a moderator in charge of redirecting such matters haha, any further discussion about it can be continued in the thread Tolkien General Discussion
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 21, 2014 at 08:45 AM.

On popular demand we provide a sneak peak on one of our worked on rosters

Quote Originally Posted by Bercor View Post
    Give us the baddies!
    Hum hum hum, not a wicked roster that will come next, though might make a sneak peak on a baddie or so inbetween, to compensate ^^
    Mordor, the Black Land, is the realm of Sauron the Dark Lord. Since the end of the first millennium of the Second Age he has made this his stronghold, here the tower of Barad-dûr is risen and in the fierce fires of Orodruin, Mount Doom, at the plateau of Gorgoroth, he forged his Master-ring, the One Ring to rule them all.
    In the east and south, where the Eldar held no guard nor shed light on lies, most Men came under his dominion, to them Sauron is both king and god; and they fear him exceedingly, for he surround his abode with fire. He built his strength further by gathering Orcs, beasts and evil things that survived in the world since Morgoth's reign.
    In the middle of the Second Age he made war upon the Elves to capture the Great Rings, but was thwarted as Gil-galad gained help from Númenor, and this settled Sauron's great hatred for the Men of the West. As the Númenóreans returned to Middle-earth and established realms therein he bided his time, and deviant Númenórean settlers came into his service.

In the 33th century his strength was so great that he declared himself the King of Men and pushed the Númenóreans to the coast. This Ar-Pharazon, king of Númenor, took as a challenge of war, and so mighty was his response that Sauron's forces dared not face it, and Sauron himself surrendered to the Dúnedain host in 3262. But they were deceived, because Sauron used his captivity to enter the Land of Gift and gave the final mortal guidance, in the Númenóreans long fall from grace.
    After Ilúvatar sank Númenor into the sea for its wicked sins, in 3319, Sauron's disembodied spirit returned to Mordor and reincarnated slowly, while reestablishing control over his scattered domain. In 3429 hate and confidence lead the Dark Lord to assult and capture the fortress of Minas Ithil in east Gondor, the neighbouring Dúnedain kingdom ruled by surviving lords of Númenor, Isildur and Anárion, sons of Elendil. Sauron's intent is to utterly and finally destroy all opposition to his rule over the world.
    The War of the Last Alliance has begun.

Werewolves
    Even before the wars with Morgoth begun in the First Age, evil creatures came even to Beleriand, from the east and south. Some were wolves, or creatures that walked in wolf-shapes, and since that time chill has grasped the heart of all free folks who hear howling in the dark of the night.
    Sauron, Morgoth's Lieutenant, was a sorcerer of dreadful wisdom and might, master of shadows and of phantoms, misshaping what he touched, twisting what he ruled, a lord of werewolves, fell beasts inhabited by dreadful spirits that he had imprisoned in their bodies. Fighting Huan, the wolfhound of Valinor, Sauron himself once took the guise of a werewolf, but was defeated.
    Most prominent among their breed were Draugluin, lord and sire of the werewolves of Angband, and Carcharoth, the The Red Maw, who raised by Morgoth became the greatest wolf to ever threaten Middle-earth. Of all the terrors that came ever into Beleriand ere Angband's fall the rage of Carcharoth, slayer of Beren the great, was the most dreadful, until he was defeated by Huan, who also was slain in that renowned battle.
    In Middle-earth today no beasts close to Carcharoth roam the vales or forests, yet dread echoes across the lands as Sauron send his werewolves, larger than any other wolves, out to track down and devour his foes.
    A tireless pack unit, Gaurhoth in the Sindarin tongue, with leathal charge. They put fear into the enemy, and excel at flank attacks and countering enemy cavalry.

Werewolves, and images, by Araval
    Original wolves created by Briarius
    Last edited by Ngugi; July 22, 2014 at 08:50 AM.

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - Eryn Galen (Silvan Elves) preview + Mordor sneak peak released

I'm glad that my request is considered popular demand .

Wonderful.

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance Total War - Eryn Galen (Silvan Elves) preview + Mordor sneak peak released

Haha, well, evil faction previews has been asked for repeatedly, and with only one compaired to a few good, this is just proper

Glad you like it!

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

fantastic stuff Ngugi! well done

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

I approve this sneak peak great job ngugi!!

Great job!
    I can't w8.
    New intresting things to test.
    I should enjoy it!

@ Gratzy2 & NorthernRanger
    Thanks lads, though the sneak peak and description texts are easy (or least fun if a tad time consuming) work; I direct most credit to Araval here ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rochendil the Horsemaster View Post
    Great job!
    I can't w8.
    New intresting things to test.
    I should enjoy it!
    We hope you will

Omg lovely those wolves !.

The werewolfs look great.
    Nice job araval +rep