Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Númenórean Kingdoms' unit cards (page 138)

The DCI team proudly presents

Mordor

Notes: Briarius made the original wolves that the werewolves are based on.
    Araval made Sauron's mace proportions more close to the movie version of him.
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 20, 2020 at 12:20 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Mordor preview video (page 139) + Númenórean Kingdoms' unit cards (page 138)

The production quality of this mod is shaping up insanely well.

One question is - why werewolves have 6 hp? How exactly will that unit work?

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Mordor preview video (page 139) + Númenórean Kingdoms' unit cards (page 138)

Thanks mate

A fair quetsion my liege; in lore terms they are evil spirits locked in wolf bodies, so they are quite terrifying. In gameplay terms that is balanced by their large hitbox [since they are elephants] and low armour; don't get me wrong, they are dangerous enemies, but not OP.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Thanks mate

A fair quetsion my liege; in lore terms they are evil spirits locked in wolf bodies, so they are quite terrifying. In gameplay terms that is balanced by their large hitbox [since they are elephants] and low armour; don't get me wrong, they are dangerous enemies, but not OP.
    Thanks for a swift follow up Ngugi. In that case, I think we all can safely assume they will be quite rare.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

excelent video and very good looking preview!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Mordor

note, plan for 2020: play this submod and then die happy
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    excelent video and very good looking preview!

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post

note, plan for 2020: play this submod and then die happy
    No death! More play!

No death! More play!
    "Loud Queen music"
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mordor

This is perfection

Stunning work team.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

I wait this with my laptop
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

dannyalex, our precious.

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    dannyalex, our precious.
    Hello my old dunadan friend
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Sons of Isildur and Anárion
    wearing a variation of their forefather's armour.

Small teaser

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Isildur's & Anárion's sons battle models + Mordor preview video (page 139)

I believe the heart-eyes emoji would be appropriate here
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Isildur's & Anárion's sons battle models + Mordor preview video (page 139)

@Louis Lux:
    Are these models in-game, or is it just the cards?
    I am particularly interested in the mail texture, it's one of the best we've seen yet, in this 14 YO game.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    @Louis Lux:
    Are these models in-game, or is it just the cards?
    I am particularly interested in the mail texture, it's one of the best we've seen yet, in this 14 YO game.
    It's in milkshape so it's just the diffuse texture. For M2 I like to focus on the diffuse texture and just use the specular and normals to enhance it slightly. But no doubt using specular and normals to their full extent can still yield great results in this old game.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Could you share these textures with me?
    I'm sure I can return the favor.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    It's in milkshape so it's just the diffuse texture. For M2 I like to focus on the diffuse texture and just use the specular and normals to enhance it slightly. But no doubt using specular and normals to their full extent can still yield great results in this old game.
    very impressed with what you do with the ol' milkshake, i thought all the hip kids today use one of em newfangled programs, what with their renders that include normal mapping etc. and mostly diffuse for ingame effect? my textures look less realistic than yours even with normals cranked up to the tits

The detail put into this Mod is honestly incredible. Keep up the good work guys

Patrician

Rhovanion Nobles
    Models for the faction leader (Fritigern), the heir (Fravitta) and a couple of custom generals.

Credit: original meshes and textures by Briarius and the Rusichi team
    Last edited by Louis Lux; June 11, 2020 at 02:43 PM.