Page 162 of 164 FirstFirst ... 62112137152153154155156157158159160161162163164 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3265

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Hi there, i'm playing with The Numenoreans, i'm in turn 46-48, the game always crashes in the Men of the Mountains Turn, what should i do? i used the isildur's curse script but nothing has happened so far

I have the save game, but not the logs of the crash
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 29, 2021 at 03:31 AM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Quote Originally Posted by Gh0st_G4M3 View Post
    Hi there, i'm playing with The Numenoreans, i'm in turn 46-48, the game always crashes in the Men of the Mountains Turn, what should i do? i used the isildur's curse script but nothing has happened so far

I have the save game, but not the logs of the crash

I'm sorry to hear your game crashed. It's so annoying playing a campaign and having it crash.

The logs might have given a clue on what went wrong, but in my experience usually don't. The save game may help though. But you would have to upload it to a site like Mega.nz (free) and provide us with a link to the uploaded file so we can download it and have a look.

It might take a while as the team has less active members these days.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Here it goes:

https://mega.nz/file/pIlijZTb#oJY8tI...BI8zmqhexa0wwc

I hope the save game can help in some way, thanks for the support Veteraan,i hope we can find a solution for this, cause if not, i'm planning just killing the faction via Console Commands xD

As indicated, it may take some time and I probably will need some help from my fellow modders. But I can test it at least and see if it goes wrong, I did manage the testing for DCI:LA after all.

Is this a save from the turn it crashes, or perhaps the turn before it? Hope it's the latter as that would give us a bit more room to play with.

Edit, I could download it, so that at least has worked.

Got some other stuff to do now though.
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 29, 2021 at 09:06 AM.

That's the worst part it's the only save game i have , that's why i'm worried to lose this campaign, it's the only thing i can give unfortunaly, since the files don't make logs.

I played your save, always nice to kill some Orcs. However, I hadn't noticed that your saved game was turn 36. It's a bit much to expect me to play this to turn 41 and hope to encounter the same situation you faced at the next turn. If you can do it, playing from 36 to 41 and upload a save from turn 41, we can still have a look. Or you can use the console of course.

Oh sorry, i sent that message when i just woke up and was without my glasses, it is turn 36 to 37 that the problem is, thanks for looking at it! did the same problem happened to you in the next turn? I sure the problem lies in the Man of the Mountains faction cause i deleted them in a test save and the next turn worked just fine.

Right, it took a while to get back to this. I had played one turn two days ago. I just checked which turn I am on and that is 36. I will attack something in the next turn, but of course I don't exactly know what you did at this point. Anyway, if it crashes that point will be mute anyway.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I don't have to do anything, just go for the next turn (37) and see what happens.

Another Edit:

Played the turn and it did indeed crash when the MotM came along. No idea what happened, but I did get a log. Perhaps it will reveal something, but I wouldn't put any money on it. Then again, that second last entry is a bit suspicious, timewise. Anyway, the last few lines of the log are these:

00:41:46.870 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 116839 in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0045a_P_Normalise_England> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0083b_Update_Allies> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0084b_Update_Enemies> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0085_Update_Religion> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0089_Update_Band_Together1> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0090_Update_Band_Together2> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0093_Update_Normal_Difficulty> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0096_Increase_Global_Standing_New_Turn> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0108_Update_Trustworthy_Factions_Minor> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0113_Make_Good_Factions_Hate_Evil_Factions> fired
    00:41:46.876 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age_3_DCILA/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/unlocked.txt
    00:41:46.878 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 30, 2021 at 05:50 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

That's stuff from descr_faction_standing, which means the crash is right at the start of the faction turn.
    Might make sense to also check what happens in the script at line 116839.

True, it always happens at the start of the MotM turn, i don't know anything about modding of file altering, what can i do?

Not much. We will have to wait until one of my teammembers that does know a bit about this shows up. That may take a while. Sadly, Withwnar is not available anymore and he was the 'script guy', I dare say, one of the best you could have had for this job.

Love the mod! Any word on there being a road map for when the next beta update/full release is scheduled?

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Gotserved531 View Post
    Love the mod! Any word on there being a road map for when the next beta update/full release is scheduled?
    We don't like giving dates but 1.0 will be released soon. Expect some previews in the coming weeks ahead of a release.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

The hype continues!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

And the testing does too. Well, the scope is limited this time, so I guess we should be able to wrap this up quite quickly. Provided we find some spare time to actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    King Kong

Glad to hear it! Majority of the new numenorians come from Naras' submod
    Link for the said submod? I would like to look at it.

Silly me, it's here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...w-portraits)**

May I use some of the textures and models of this mod for a submod for either MOS or DaC, specifically the elite Numenorean units (Faithful and Black Numenorean)? I will credit you guys, of course

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderofMordor View Post
    May I use some of the textures and models of this mod for a submod for either MOS or DaC, specifically the elite Numenorean units (Faithful and Black Numenorean)? I will credit you guys, of course
    If you'll credit DCI: Last Alliance then yes, go ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Right, it took a while to get back to this. I had played one turn two days ago. I just checked which turn I am on and that is 36. I will attack something in the next turn, but of course I don't exactly know what you did at this point. Anyway, if it crashes that point will be mute anyway.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I don't have to do anything, just go for the next turn (37) and see what happens.

Another Edit:

Played the turn and it did indeed crash when the MotM came along. No idea what happened, but I did get a log. Perhaps it will reveal something, but I wouldn't put any money on it. Then again, that second last entry is a bit suspicious, timewise. Anyway, the last few lines of the log are these:

00:41:46.870 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 116839 in mods/Third_Age_3/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0045a_P_Normalise_England> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0083b_Update_Allies> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0084b_Update_Enemies> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0085_Update_Religion> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0089_Update_Band_Together1> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0090_Update_Band_Together2> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0093_Update_Normal_Difficulty> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0096_Increase_Global_Standing_New_Turn> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0108_Update_Trustworthy_Factions_Minor> fired
    00:41:46.870 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0113_Make_Good_Factions_Hate_Evil_Factions> fired
    00:41:46.876 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/Third_Age_3_DCILA/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/unlocked.txt
    00:41:46.878 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

I have the same problem with the Dunharrow Hillmen (MotM) when running Isildur's Curse. At turn 87, when the curse is in full swing, the game crashed unexpectedly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is really funny, Sauron uses a two-handed animation while Elendil uses a one-handed animation, but the weapons themselves requires the opposite. In the next patch or a full release, make all Numenorean generals use two-handed animations, provided that they have a bastard sword to use, and Mordor generals use one-handed animations, to utilize Sauron swinging his mace.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	two-handed sauron, with boldogs.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	366849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	two-handed sauron.jpg 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	366850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	two-handed sauron, again.jpg 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	366851