Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, get your copy and play folks!

Playing as MotM and a Tol Acharn was called. I got the message with what to do to join but I haven't met the criteria to fully convert the faction. Am I still able to join like Rhovanion does? Or does it not apply to me until I build the culture buildings in every settlement?

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, get your copy and play folks!

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Playing as MotM and a Tol Acharn was called. I got the message with what to do to join but I haven't met the criteria to fully convert the faction. Am I still able to join like Rhovanion does? Or does it not apply to me until I build the culture buildings in every settlement?
    Hmm. If you haven't converted your faction yet then you're not islam religion ("HotW culture") so you shouldn't be able to join.

I suspect that the reason you got the message is because your faction is temporarily made islam religion during some AI factions' turns - so the Acharn won't be targeted at you - and at the time that the Acharn was called (by AI) you were islam and therefore a faction that the game thinks should be receiving the message.

Ah... just found this in the DCILA Reference PDF (and in-game Faction Info) ...

NOTE: you might receive missions to join Tôl Acharns even when you are not of this culture. This is a game limitation. You won't be able to join; the mission should be ignored.

Icon11 Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, get your copy and play folks!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post

Amazing video! New follower for sure.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pyres Δt Varanasi View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Amazing video! New follower for sure.
    Glad to get a new fan!
    Thanks!

I was scrolling over the export_buildings.txt, I noticed some short descriptions were missing some punctuation here and there (I added them). Also the Mallorn Trees short description is the same as the Black Gate (gate_desc_short), I fixed it and added "Mallorn trees increases population growth." Everything else was in order

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Thanks. If you have any text related corrections, fixes or suggestions feel free to post the entries here or send them to me via PM.

Is there any plan to make the mod compatible with the Creature Crash fix found here ?
    Last edited by LuckyPistol; September 19, 2020 at 10:29 AM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Is this mod compatible with the Creature Crash fix found here? I downloaded and installed it, but now my game crashes immediately after it starts to run.
    No, the creature fix is just for TATW 3.2. We have the fix ready for DCI but we've ran into some problems with another fix. We'll release the fix this week either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    No, the creature fix is just for TATW 3.2. We have the fix ready for DCI but we've ran into some problems with another fix. We'll release the fix this week either way.
    So you will fix the first fix and then the creatures fix?

Also I will send you the export_buildings.txt with the corrections I did soon, sorry real life has me busy.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Pyres Δt Varanasi View Post
    So you will fix the first fix and then the creatures fix?

Also I will send you the export_buildings.txt with the corrections I did soon, sorry real life has me busy.
    We'll release a patch with all the fixes very soon.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

For some unclear reason, my battle keeps crashing, when I move around Werewolves in an ambush, however in a normal battle(in the same campaign) it does not crash.

This is really annoying cause it is crucial for me that this ambush works(and it would ing suck if I have to abandon the entire campaign cause of this...), but I cannot even get through the 1/3d of the battle without a crash, and again it seems werewolves are the culprit.

So what do I do? And honestly I don't get it, why would they crash the game only in the ambush battle?

EDIT: Its not the werewolves it seems, I moved around another unit in ambush deployment and the game crashed... I don't get it, its just a normal map. I guess this campaign is ruined.

Here is the savegame file:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: 7z 2.7z (1.17 MB, 0 views)
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; October 03, 2020 at 05:08 PM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Thank you. We will have a look at it. I copied this to our dev forum. It could take a while, RL has a habit of interfering and the current circumstances are not really helping to reduce that.

Edit: To determine for sure if the Werewolves are or are not the cause, you can use the 'Toggle/kill Spider, Wolf and Ent units......................................CTRL + X' shortcut.

A solution for the Ents, Wolves, Spiders, Balrog and Sauron crashes will be available in the near future when we release our next patch.
    Last edited by Veteraan; October 04, 2020 at 04:40 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Thank you. We will have a look at it. I copied this to our dev forum. It could take a while, RL has a habit of interfering and the current circumstances are not really helping to reduce that.

Edit: To determine for sure if the Werewolves are or are not the cause, you can use the 'Toggle/kill Spider, Wolf and Ent units......................................CTRL + X' shortcut.
    You mean to kill them instantly during the battle?

But man this is such a bummer, cause I kind of want to have an ambush heavy style when playing with Evil factions, I just have this gut feeling that its something about the ambush map that causes the CTD.

EDIT:

I think I solved, I just moved one tile, and was still in ambush stance. Anyway, again I ambushed the ai properly, the battle was fought without CTD. This ambush map had less rocks that obstruct formations if that means something to you.

I also like that the AI knows how and when to withdraw, I haven't seen much of that in mtw2 mods.

EDIT2:
    Got another error at the end of a minor battle, but then even worse happened. I started a battle with two armies vs two armies, and when the reinforcing armies start entering, the game just derps out(not even a CTD), I have uploaded the save game.

I hate saying this, but this is a deal breaker for me, I have to abandon ship for now until more patches are done, it really sucks not noticing these issues early in the campaign before I really warmed up to the mod.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by The Despondent Mind; October 04, 2020 at 06:07 AM.

Patrician

An updated patch for DCI: Last Alliance Beta has been released.
    This updated patch includes a fix to the spider, wolves and ents crashes.

7zip or installer downloads available:

DCI: Last Alliance Patch Installer

DCI: Last Alliance Patch 7zip

Not Save-game compatible

Changelog:

• Ents, Spiders and Wolves no longer cause crashes during battles
    • Replaced Ents' shoving attack with a ground slam attack
    • Ents can attack and kill Mumakils
    • Great spiders can be recruited in Cirith Duath by Mordor and Orcs of the Misty Mountains
    • Great forest spiders can be recruited in Amon Lanc by Mordor and Orcs of the Misty Mountains
    • Hunter spiders added as very rare mercenaries in Greenwood area
    • Great Spiders added as very rare mercenaries in Cirith Duath and Minas Ithil regions
    • Changed spider stats
    • Added strat map model and portrait to ambushing spiders
    • Added rebel garrison to Thoronburg
    • Added rebel garrison to Erelond when playing as Harad
    • Added rebel garrison to Dalathails
    • Added gate to Kibil Dum and Goblin town allowing garrisons to sally out
    • Mordor orc units have been revamped: optimized and given visual armor upgrades.
    • DcilaReference.pdf updated with more info
    • Sicca province can be upgraded to next level settlement
    • Harondor aor units can be recruited from Harondor, East Harondor, Harfalas and Barad Ethir
    • More sprites added to mordor units
    • Spawned Nazgul are no longer silver surfers
    • Anduin Marhdrauht Lancers and Anduin Marh Archers are available as mercenary units and as Tol Acharn mercenaries in the regions of Rhosgobel, Imathrad, Langhaims and Grarhaims
    • Anduin Marhdrauht Lancers have armor piercing attribute when using axes
    • Chieftain's Haladin unit no longer has ap attribute
    • Numenorean Guardians vambraces have correct texture placement
    • Numenorean generals under Mordor rule have correct title when mousing over them in the strategy map
    • Updated descriptions for orc mercenary units
    • Unit descriptions for Galadriel's Guard, Lórinand Bodyguards and Archers refer to the correct secondary weapon
    • 'Roquen' (knight) units have correct name spelling
    • Tol Acharn tooltip refers to tradition instead of obedience
    • Elven heralds for Lothlorien and Eryn Galen spawn with correct strategy map model
    • Rhudaur Reavers use correct animation
    • Lindon captain model in mercenary units display the correct texture
    • Miner militia have correct description and battle ui for their ability "dwarven bellow"
    • Khazad Spearmen unit has been given spearmen animations
    • Reshuffled elven portraits for added variety and some other 2d fixes
    • Mention of the Osgiliath Ferry has been removed

Credits:

• Arkay for the updated Goblin Town and Kibil Dum custom settlements, further fixes and implementation by Araval
    • Alreadyded for Spider units and animations (spider textures by Louis Lux)
    • Jojo00182 for fixed skeletons
    Last edited by Louis Lux; October 08, 2020 at 11:13 AM.

ekusik's Avatar Foederatus

Thank you continual updating!
    Sadly, I don't have time to play now, but I'll report if I find some strange things.

update:Wow, Ents vs welves doesn't cause crash for the first time in my tatw mods play(except youneoy's method). It's miracle...
    Last edited by ekusik; October 08, 2020 at 11:39 AM.

Does this patch need the previous one installed already?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

This patch includes the content of the previous patch, so no.

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

I downloaded the sub-mod, but embarrassingly I cannot remember did I patch it, how can I check which ver I am playing