Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Quote Originally Posted by dannyalex View Post
    nope,plus its a laptop 2 years old,imagine rome 2 runs fine without ssd....plus its the first time i encount something like this from the moment i join twc
    Then I am at a loss. Only thing I can think of is that something went wrong during the install of TATW/DCI:LA. However, it usually works, or not at all.

Perhaps somebody else has a clue about what is causing this strange behaviour.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

This is a bit of a shot in the dark but you can try running the mod without the battle AI switcher, by double clicking the DCILA_NoBaiSwitcher.bat.
    You can also try running the game as administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Araval View Post
    Don't press Shift+W or Shift+D. Or change the shortcuts from the options.
    I can't do it in the game cause the game offers me no option to just remove a hotkey, it just adds another one, and I don't know how to do it in data/text, whatever I do its still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    As someone who mains Orc factions, they definitely do not make the Trolls and Warg riders mundane. Trolls have a completely separate role in battle, and I've found the Wargs to hit harder and move across the battlefield much more efficiently due to the organized formation. Wolves can be used for elite killers, but you'll seriously cripple the unit and it doesn't have the same replenish/retrain speeds as your fodder units. Spiders are awesome, but they're a merc unit and pretty rare. Plus they die almost even more quickly against ranged attacks than wolves. The wolves are critical for Orc armies because they can scoop up routing units (less efficiently than Wargs or cavalry in my experience) and provide a counter to the long ranged, fast moving elven archers that can decimate Orc infantry.

The problem you're having is that most the Eastern elven units (I'm assuming you're Lorien/Mirkwood) have low armor, and your bodyguards are two-handed units with a slower attack animation. Try reconsidering your strategies before demanding a unit gets nerfed. If the problem is that your facing armies with huge amounts of wolves/trolls, then that's something the team should look into. MOS (or was it Divide and Conquer?) had a Troll spam problem for a short while before they fixed it, IIRC.
    I am beating them, I just think its immersion breaking that Elven warriors are destroyed by ing wolves.

Patrician

They're not regular wolves. I think all wolves in middle-earth are descendant from wolves bred by Melkor (these wolves were possibly lesser maia). They still might be overpowered so we appreciate the feedback.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

ekusik's Avatar Foederatus

Wolves and Spiders are so terrible that one werewolves devastated my king's roquen, gondor axemen, and othar swordmen in single battle.
    But they are weak against allow. In another battle, in another battle rochben horsearcher killed nearly half of them with allow before infantry engaged in close combat.
    It really challenging, but interesting....

@Fahnat
    Nice work!
    Last edited by ekusik; October 24, 2020 at 09:45 PM.

Well my bad, I jumped into the last post of the thread, and just downloaded the patch haha. But I have read the instructions now. Thanks!

Wait, are there two different spider units? I'm seeing two kinds of spiders in Mirkwood: ones you can recruit as mercs and the Vanilla style ones that show up as bandits.

That would be a yes, Louis played around a bit with the spiders.

Late game grossly expensive monster stack, here I come!

Patrician

In terms of stats there are 3 types of spiders, in terms of looks there are 6 different spider skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    That would be a yes, Louis played around a bit with the spiders.
    Ohh man more goodies.

Installing the patch today

Have fun, although I already know you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    In terms of stats there are 3 types of spiders, in terms of looks there are 6 different spider skins.
    Woah wait, 3?!

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I wish it wasn't the case, but I installed the mod today and Hurons still cause CTDs.

Edit: apparently so do other special units: spiders and wolves (?). Gotta check it tomorrow.
    Last edited by intel; November 08, 2020 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by intel View Post
    I wish it wasn't the case, but I installed the mod today and Hurons still cause CTDs.

Edit: apparently so do other special units: spiders and wolves (?). Gotta check it tomorrow.
    That shouldn't happen if you installed the latest patch correctly. However, you mention that Huorns (I take it you mean those) 'still cause CTD's'. Huorns typically don't cause CTD's as they are not based on an elephant model to begin with. I tested this quite extensively over the years. There is one other unit in Fangorn that probably will still crash the game AFAIK. Not many players seem to fight in Fangorn though and I haven't seen any feedback on units crashing there before your post here.

Still testing. Trying to reinstall entire mod ATM

I'll be invading Fangorn very soon so I'll let you know what I come across!

Patrician

Yes, huorns are not elephant units. Any unit that uses the ent skeleton should not cause crashes either.

Yeah. Turns out my game just crashes with a n y unit in custom battle. I must have messed up my installation - no wonder, it took 5 steps at least. Gotta try it again today.

Edit: 3 separate installation attempts, CTD upon entering battle. Other mods work fine.

Installation: extracted TATW 3.0 and 3.2 patch to a separate folder, then DCI into another. Copied and pasted contents of DCI folder into TATW folder.

I use regular, non-steam legacy (DVD) M2TW: K install.

Error logs shows buildings DB errors in TATW's EDU folder.

Building DB error - culture db max settlement level differs from building db max settlement level for faction denmark (bdg invalid_level vs clt huge_city)
    19:11:10.203 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12297, column 3
    Shame
    Last edited by intel; November 09, 2020 at 12:38 PM.