Page 3 of 164 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: DCI: Last Alliance - Open Beta released, NEW: 10 October 2020 new patch released, contains Ents - Wolves - Spiders crashes fix! (and more)

Feanaro Curufinwe's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: DCI: Last Alliance - WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Boars? For the Dwarves? Of course there is!

But not for riding.
    YESSS.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Grrrr...

And it is morning, on which I am even more cranky!

;-)

Ha ha ha.

When are you coming to Denmark for that beer I owe you? I was thinking a Fursty Ferret from Badger Breweries of Dorset would be appropriate.

Aldor's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks very promising!

Will you include Gil-Galad, Elendil, (Isuldur,) Elrond as single, sauron-like units? I would be crappy to see Gil-Galad or Elendil stuck (stun-locked) in a fight with 4 snaga's.

Mainly the generals that fought Sauron in open combat (and died) should be represented, in my opinion.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    Grrrr...
    When are you coming to Denmark for that beer I owe you? I was thinking a Fursty Ferret from Badger Breweries of Dorset would be appropriate.
    It sounds very appropriate ^^
    Will have to plan a travel within decent time then!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldor View Post
    Looks very promising!

Will you include Gil-Galad, Elendil, (Isuldur,) Elrond as single, sauron-like units? I would be crappy to see Gil-Galad or Elendil stuck (stun-locked) in a fight with 4 snaga's.

Mainly the generals that fought Sauron in open combat (and died) should be represented, in my opinion.
    Makes us glad to hear A'

No, the heroes will have a BG, no reasons why they should not have it as it is.
    And all great characters from this era will be present indeed

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Will Minas Ithil already been overrun and renamed in Minas Morgul?

So you start, when playing as Arnor and Gondor, at holding Osgilliath?

Minas Ithil will perhaps begin in the hands of Mordor, since taking that was how the war began; not sure yet

Yes, the Númenoreans begin with Osgiliath as a huge city/citadel (thus upgraded and not ruins)

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Minas Ithil will perhaps begin in the hands of Mordor, since taking that was how the war began; not sure yet

Yes, the Númenoreans begin with Osgiliath as a huge city/citadel (thus upgraded and not ruins)
    Aahh okay! So you start with war?

Like in the picture on the first page? (Which also has Minas Anor on it!) When playing Mordor can you make it ruins again? haha
    but when it is rebuild at the start, will it still be east and west? Not one?

Yes, war is upon you from the start, hoho

No, the settlement icons are tied to settlement size and you can't degrade the city levels so it will not be turned into ruin.
    It's still two cities yes, unless we would remove the river (and the river did after all divide the city in two) and remake the battlemap; simply not interesting to do

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Yes, war is upon you from the start, hoho

No, the settlement icons are tied to settlement size and you can't degrade the city levels so it will not be turned into ruin.
    It's still two cities yes, unless we would remove the river (and the river did after all divide the city in two) and remake the battlemap; simply not interesting to do
    I like it either way!! Looking forward to play this one!

Thanks in advance and good luck!

Will Numenorean generals be on foot?

Not even given that a thought yet hehe, but on foot is the reasonable answer on top of my head
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 06, 2012 at 10:52 AM.

Not even given that a thought yet hehe, but on foot is the reasonable answer on the top of my head
    And the most lore-friendly one.And, even though it is at the moment an early stage of development, could you in the far future make some custom generals?

So it will be.
    7 The Númenóreans in their own land possessed horses, which they esteemed [see the "Description of Númenor"]. But they did not use them in war; for all their wars were overseas. Also they were of great stature and strength, and their fully-equipped soldiers were accustomed to bear heavy armour and weapons. In their settlements on the shores of Middle-earth they acquired and bred horses, but used them little for riding, except in sport and pleasure. In war they were used only by couriers, and by bodies of light-armed archers (often not of Númenórean race).
    - UT; The Disaster of the Gladden Fields; Notes

My aim is to have such yes, either if I learn to model myself or if we get help along the way

So it will be.

My aim is to have such yes, either if I learn to model myself or if we get help along the way
    Shall you add new ancillaries?

Not even touched that part of the project with my thought yet, as the basic codings is what I have at hand now hehe, and it's a handfull But yes, it will be required to change a bunch of the current, as well as add new fitting and interesting ones.
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 06, 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Not even touched that part of the project with my thought yet though, as the basic codings is what I have at hand now hehe, and it's a handfull But yes, it will be required to change a bunch of the current, as well as add new fitting and interesting ones.
    Perhaps a boar as a Dwarf ancillary?

Which through scripting would become salted pork?

Quote Originally Posted by Feanaro Curufinwe View Post
    I am boared to death with these boar jokes.

Did you notice the intentional misspelling, or the hidden text?

Should Narsil be a sword inheritable through scripting if that is possible?

Yup hehe

Possibly it could, I'm no scripter so can't answer it atm
    Though personally I would rather have it as a uniqe, untransferable anc that is lost when he dies (lore-ish hehe). Thereafter a 'Pieces of Narsil' anc granting authoprity or something could be made avilable.

Yup hehe

Possibly it could, I'm no scripter so can't answer it atm
    Though personally I would rather have it as a uniqe, untransferable anc that is lost when he dies (lore-ish hehe). Thereafter a 'Pieces of Narsil' anc granting authoprity or something could be made avilable.
    If Elendil doesn't get killed though?