Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MOD LEADERS BULLETIN-EDITION IV: The Map

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Default MOD LEADERS BULLETIN-EDITION IV: The Map

Hi folks,
    Since we have now finalised exactly which factions are going to be in this mod for the foreseeable future, I thought you might want to see some maps of them. There are a grand total of 45 factions, of which 5 are protectorates and 12 are emergent. These other factions are not going to be playable in the main campaign for obvious reasons, but in time we will make Protectorate and Emergence campaigns in which the factions will be playable. They will also eventually have their own unique roster etc, but when we'll get to each and every faction I simply don't know.

Anyhow, the maps (credits to Uanime5 for the base versions which I've modified):
    Main Map

Protectorates

Emergents

Oh, and in other news...no this isn't for battles...
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Tango12345; October 03, 2012 at 10:43 AM.

Default Re: MOD LEADERS BULLETIN-EDITION IV: The Map

Great job. Good luck (1860 map?)

radical dudes. lookin good

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

Papal States are in then?

So far i am very happy with this faction list

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

A really impressive list of factions - you guys obviously do not shy away from work
    Hell, the Balkans really are crammed full with emergents, looks like fun coming in for the Austrians and Ottomans.

Please let me ask, do I understand correct that the relation between the British Empire and the Princely States will be somewhat like 13 colonies in vanilla ETW?
    With the PS starting as protectorate of the UK, and an option for London to absorb them later on?

Great job. Good luck (1860 map?)
    Papal States are in then?
    Yup
    Please let me ask, do I understand correct that the relation between the British Empire and the Princely States will be somewhat like 13 colonies in vanilla ETW?
    With the PS starting as protectorate of the UK, and an option for London to absorb them later on?
    The relationship is the same in that the Princely States are a protectorate of GB (and indeed uses the 13 colonies slot), but there aren't currently any plans for an absorption mission.

A really impressive list of factions - you guys obviously do not shy away from work
    Hell, the Balkans really are crammed full with emergents, looks like fun coming in for the Austrians and Ottomans.
    So far i am very happy with this faction list

radical dudes. lookin good

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

really nice, mate!

Good work! I like it. But you can't really say German Empire if it isn't Germany. Atm it's just Prussia and I'm not sure but I think the Austrian-Hungarian Empire was bigger

really nice, mate!

Good work! I like it. But you can't really say German Empire if it isn't Germany. Atm it's just Prussia and I'm not sure but I think the Austrian-Hungarian Empire was bigger
    It's the German Empire because we can't rename factions mid way through a campaign and the name is correct for 43 years as opposed to 6. So yes, we can say it.

That is the size of the Austro-Hungarian Empire as far as we can represent it on the map. Remember it has Lombardy-Venetia as a protectorate as well.

go tango. do werk.

1. Its Tango. I mean honestly...

2. I don't werk I work. Also I ain't the only guy doing this in case anyone is wondering.

whatever good job everybody

Litany of fury's Avatar Libertus

Hey there tango, this may seem a little odd, but see'ing that E:TW, N:TW and S2:TW use warscape, will you possibly be able to use the tools that they recently released for S2:TW on this mod (for campaign map editing purposes)?

Our current plans with the map are what you see in the first post, along with changing the make-up of starting armies and characters as necessary. There aren't any further plans after that at this stage. I will see what exactly those tools could do for this mod at a much later date, for now we carry on as before.

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

the german empire or germany (its the same ) was founded in 1871 in paris after the franco-prussian war 1870/71. before this it was PRUSSIA! the german emperor was crowned in the hall of mirrors in versailles.

If you look above you will find I addressed that exact point.

Why Molbavia is part of russian empire? I think it was part of ottoman in 1865

A colouring error on my part, I will correct it later today. Thank you for pointing that out.

EDIT-changed.
    Last edited by Tango12345; October 03, 2012 at 10:44 AM.

Sotericus's Avatar Miles

Hi,

First of all congratulations for this monumental project. It is good to see this done and I would very much want to rep all the members of the team (I am new to this thread, but I'll do some digging to find the 'culprits' and rep them ). Many thanks for your hard work. As a fanatic of the Victoria series and a fool for post-napoleonic 19th century history, I am definitely appreciating your work. If I could help you somehow I am here.

I take that the startpos work is already done, and having a measure of the pains it takes working on it, I would not paster you with 'historical accuracy' issues (as I say I am new to this thread, so discussions here or there may have already sparked). I just want to point out some small detail, which could be dealt easily in another release. If the starting is to be 1865, 'Romania' should have been an Ottoman protectorate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Principalities). Please, don't take this as a matter of petty nationalist rumbling, but as a small detail which could enhance the experience of the campaign.

Otherwise, many thanks and keep up the good work !

Romania will be an emergent faction. You could say Serbia should be an Ottoman protectorate as well in 1865, but it is easier for us this way. If we put in Romania as a protectorate where would we stop?

No, the startpos work isn't yet complete as Okmin has been horrendously busy in real life lately and we all know what is more important (so if any startpos modder happens to see this and wants to help take please this as an open invitation).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast