Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time commanders mod

Default Re: Time commanders mod

p.s. I almost forgot to mention I believe I may have found the in the Alex historical battles a line which allow you to play movies that link to the menu as well as before during and after battle, this is handy and is a must for our mod as we will the be able to play battle descriptions footage from both time commanders and decisive battles on the historical battles menu as well as before the game and afterwards.

I cant wait to test this out!

Germanic/Norse faction

in order

first of the new units are Gallic berserkers of the Usubi tribe on the borders of the Rhine (shown in Decisive battles - teutoburg) represented with distinctive green 3/4 shorts

The guys in the blue shorts are the Norse berserkers (TC - Battle of Stamford bridge) Thease are the best berserkers in the game however the unit size is small.

Next unit (temp-unit) are the viking Huscarls ( TC- battle of Stamford bridge) ( will change when/if we get a more DTC realistic unit) Well armoured and cans withstand a lot punishment, slow moving and can easily be out flanked, best used defensively.

Scandinavian keels - based upon the model of rareity wich was posted by Warcrafthero on this feed. ( No picture of) ( TC-Battle of Stamford bridge)

Viking Warriors - (TC- battle of Stamford Bridge) standard troops for the Norse regions, able to trow axes before charging deadly when combined with flexible tactics.

Viking mercs mentioned in Time commanders battle of Stamford bridge, simmilar above but with a higher Attack stats.

German tribes

Churuscan tribemen - a spear unit has a better defense than your average spear troop. (mentioned - TC & DB - teuotoburg)

Alamani Wolf warriors - skirmishers that could be used as scouts, abillity to hide any where, can fight in close combat however do not exspect these boys to wistand a long fight, best used for skirmishing and harassing enamies. try to use these boys to melee the enemies in woods or woodied conditions. ( TC book mentioned)

Germanic Heroic warriors - ( using Warcraft Heroes model posted earlier in this feed.) ( mentioned in TC & DB - teuotoburg) Heavy line infantry, excellent when fighting in woods.

Batavian tribesmen - incredibly quick skirmishers with armored good against cavalry, can be used to draw enemy units away from the battle line where they can pepper them with javelins before fighting them hand to hand or draw them into one of your stronger units. (TC - mentioned Teutooburg, Mons Gripeus and Wattling street)

Renegade Axillary - ( for each of the barbarian factions I have given renegade Auxiliary to represent the nature of these fragile friendships amongst the roman masters and the Auxiliary troops of those nations that Rome rules. Based upon the Teotoburg auxiliary that rebelled at the battle, these troops are the most disciplined and organized which the Germanic forces have to offer, their leader was Armineus, or Herman the German as he latter became to be known. (TC & Db mentioned also TC book mentioned)

Early renegade Germanic Auxiliary (TC mentioned)

renegade Germanic auxiliary swords men (no pic) (TC mentioned)

Renegade Germanic auxiliary cavalry: led personally by Arminius (no pic) (TC DC mentioned)

merc Gaesatae - strong dependable disciplined cheap warrior Celts who go to battle butt naked, frightening_foot ( TC - Battle of Tellemon) (yet to be made)

Lukamaz Hussars: these are scouting troops as scouts are prevalent through the series of time commanders and mentioned in Decisive battles then every faction will have scouts or scouting based unit, in the case German forces thy have these troops. All scouts are incredibly swift and have the ability to hide anywhere. ( No TC, DC relevance)

horse slayer & hewers - effectively anti cavalry falx men best used against cavalry although these boys are not AP so do not get them stuck in to front line troops if it can be helped. ( TC - mentioned)

spec characters and units of renown

The Lone Berserker

Harald 'Bluetooth' Hadrada

other troops shown in the shows

Germanic lesser chieftain, Naked fanatics, Screaming women, Night raiders, spear war band, axe war band, chosen archers, chosen axeman, Barbarian cavalry,

Attachment 265780

Hope you like the faction units and the brief description please find the Lukmas hussars ( the scout unit) and the horse slayers and hewers pic here

Centenarius

Very good Antelope!, you made those awesome models/skins?
    +rep
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Not all of them I Created the Renegade Auxiliary and the Berserkers (not including the Lone Berserker)

Hi Warcrafthero

I was wondering whether you could create the following troops please.

these warriors appear in Time commanders, and these screenshots are from the book and 1 from the show TC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Merc Gaetatae.jpg   Atilla.jpg  

Centenarius

Hi, here here are the files, i have included some skins of the roman units in the battle of Dara and the Norman units. About the screenshots i have coded that barb_heavy_crew, that hunnic archer, all the indian units but i can't do the gaestae since i haven't any modelling skills. For that model try asking in the rome workshop.
    Last edited by Warcrafthero; February 18, 2013 at 05:00 AM.

Hi thanks for the pack , I will have a look for some one who can model the Merc gaestae as soon as I finished all my uni work for this month and the beginning of march . Also could you activate these bad boys posted in the attached thumbnails below. They featured in the Battle of Bibract, I have tried to activate them but have failed miserably so far . I wanted to know if you had any success in the past with activating this unit? If I can activate this unit then I can Start work on the The Battle of Bibract historical battle, also it would mean That I have pretty much completed the Gallic army roster.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2936

I am goingto call them Hellvettii Skirmishers and will be fighting along side the, Celtic cavalry, Hellvetti Longsowrdsmen, Hellvetti cavalry, Galic tribesmen (with the axes).

Centenarius

Hi, Antelope, i think i have found the right model

Hi guys

I am now starting my baptism of fire, in to the world of Historical battle creating, starting with the Battle of Bibract hopefully I will get all the battles done by the Autumn.

I have decided that due to the sheer number of faction I will release the game in parts first part will be the full game: and will take place in the entire time span of time commanders. This will only show the major factions shown in the show.

Indus
    Parthia/persia
    Pontus
    Armenia/Hittites
    Egypt
    Selucids
    Slaves
    Britons
    Germans
    Carthage
    All the roman factions
    Scythian/Huns
    Boeotian Hellenic Confederacy
    Peloponesian leauge
    Macedon

There will be two other version of the game that will utilise the same map

DTC:End of Empires, this game will focus on the end of the Roman empire. and will have factions that were not as important but were mentioned in both shows and book. Possible factions include the Arab empire, Sarmathians, Goths, other Steppe cultures.

DTC: Ancient warfare, this game will focus on the war fair and will focus on faction mentioned, shown in both the shows and book with battle prior to the first Punic War with more focus on the East. Possible factions include , Indus, Assyria, Hittites, Persia, Samnites, Epurus, Mesopotamia, Phoncia, Jewish kingdoms.

The gauls and the Normans are done expect pictures soon.

Indian Faction Now completed .

The battle of Bibract is now completed although it is incredibly buggy atm. expect pics in a months times.

IMPORTANT NEWS!

DTC will now will now also be on Alex due to the features for historical battles wich you do not get on RTW such as front end movies.

both will be avalable to download.

p.s. Raphia now completed.

The bugs have been smoothed for Bibract an now they work fine.

Centenarius

Good job, so you have moved the mod to Alexander (and its advantages), so if i have understand correctly the first part will be about time commanders with historical battles? when you will release i hope i can help you

I will hope fully be able to release the first installment by the summer around Jully- August time. What I really could with is some one to make the historical battles with or makes some loading screens or UI cards, so far Bribrate (TC), Raphia (TC) are the only ones near to completion, the sacking of London and Colchester (mentioned in book, D & TC) is in progress and near to completion although the actual sacking of colchester would be hard to do without making it very historically inaccurate but is possible. I have also started the scripting of the battle of Leuctria which needs little scripting for completion.

Icon3 Re: Time commanders mod

Historical battles:

here is a list of the Skirmishes and battes mentioned and show in the book and seris.

TC & D
    Raphia: nearly completed (wrong battle field)
    Bibracte: nearly completed
    Phasalus:
    Tellamon:
    Trebia
    Lake Tresamane
    Colchester skirmish: nearly completed
    Colchester sacking:
    Sacking of London:
    wattling street:
    Teutoberg skirmish
    Teutoberg
    Cynosephale skirmish
    Cynosephale
    Tigranicerta
    Qadesh (DTC AW)
    Marathon (DTC AW)
    Gaugamella(DTC AW)
    Cannae
    Mons Graupius
    Adrionapolie (DTC EE)
    Chalons: (Based on TC, DTC EE)
    the massacre at St Albans
    The Gothic sack of Rome: (DTC EE)
    Thenopalie (DTC AW)
    Carrahe
    the seige of Iona (DTC AW)
    Battle of Dara (DTC EE)
    Battle of Brautium
    battle of Matuinia
    Salarus river
    Versuveus
    Seige of Sagentium
    Stamford bridge (DTC EE)
    Hastings (DTC EE)
    Hydapses river (DTC AW)
    battle of Daba
    battle for the Trojan plains (DTC AW)
    siege of Troy (DTC AW)
    battle of Sarmisegutusia
    Stour valley
    Battle of Anglsey
    Zama
    siege of Carthage
    Hun/Sarmathian war (DTC EE)
    Wipping out of Antolius legions (DYC EE)
    Seige of Orleans (DTC EE)
    Seige of Jeruslum 1: Rome vs Isralites
    Seige of Jerusilum 2: the one where the Arabs either implemented a truce with the romans or beat them (DTC EE)
    Seige of Costantinople: (DTC EE)
    Marcinople (DCT EE)
    Seige of Andrionople (DTC EE)

Of course I be naive to say that all these battles would be do able and placed in to the game but if we can get a mere fraction of them, mainly the battles that were given prominence in the pregames even if we only get 1/4 of these completed then that's an achievement.

lot of more good news a little bit of game but in the style of Rolf Harris "can you guess what it is yet". this unit I am making?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails guess.jpg  

Merc Gaesatae Finished with the use of 3ds max my one is the first and the second in the one form the booksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	merc geasate.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	261.4 KB 
ID:	277041Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Merc Gaetatae.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	354.2 KB 
ID:	277042

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast