Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How to use the Official Modding Tools

Default Re: How to use the Official Modding Tools

(doing small technology tree adjustment), I was instructed to do a XML export and conversion to binary file in BOB but in the end, the process tells me that there's no pack file to add the file to.
    = (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\modding\working_data\db\technology_node_links_tables\technology_node_links
    There is no pack file to add a file to.
    Incorrect flag files specified - should be append or replace
    add_technology_node_links_table did not parse the entire stream

Soo yeah.. If I select the pack / Create pack file, it decides to select EVERYTHING in the working data section, only packing Battleterrain and variantmodels and stops the process.
    My thread about this - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=569741

Quote Originally Posted by W4lt3r View Post
    (doing small technology tree adjustment), I was instructed to do a XML export and conversion to binary file in BOB but in the end, the process tells me that there's no pack file to add the file to.
    = (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\modding\working_data\db\technology_node_links_tables\technology_node_links
    There is no pack file to add a file to.
    Incorrect flag files specified - should be append or replace
    add_technology_node_links_table did not parse the entire stream

Soo yeah.. If I select the pack / Create pack file, it decides to select EVERYTHING in the working data section, only packing Battleterrain and variantmodels and stops the process.
    My thread about this - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=569741
    you didn't extract the Assembly kit to c:\official_mod_tools, so the file names are too long. Also, you can adjust the rules.bob file to only include the files you modded. In your case, since you only edited database files, replace "-*.pack" with "db/*/*". Alternatively, you can just let it pack everything and then use the MMS clean up feature to remove the redundant files.

Quote Originally Posted by JSQuareD View Post
    you didn't extract the Assembly kit to c:\official_mod_tools, so the file names are too long. Also, you can adjust the rules.bob file to only include the files you modded. In your case, since you only edited database files, replace "-*.pack" with "db/*/*". Alternatively, you can just let it pack everything and then use the MMS clean up feature to remove the redundant files.
    Didn't work.. this db/*/* change (I assume it was in the working_data folder) only either disallows the usage of packing the files into a .pack, or then won't pack at all even if the option is selected..

This message shows up after activating the packing option in the list -

=====================================
    Duration: 9 msec(s)

Note - this was after re-extracting the kit to a sub-folder at C: drive
    Last edited by W4lt3r; October 27, 2012 at 05:58 AM.

I think you can't have spaces on the file path either. Also make sure that your tables are successfully converted to binary before trying to pack them.

Ah, that fixed it.
    Thanks for the assistance.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Akaie View Post
    Lesta, add an entry for the unit in the uniform table.
    Not sure how to do that. Seems can't add new entry there (using Assembly Kit).

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Lesta, are you wanting to know how to add icons or how to add a custom model for your unit?

How to make it not crash when selecting the unit in game... and how did it became pink ?

Well if it helps, whenever I had a unit with the grenades selected in units_stats_land it would crash but I don't have any dlc so that may be it. Do you have a uniform entry for your unit?

I don't know how to add the uniform entry using DAVE. It seems that the uniforms are predefined. Maybe I'm doing it wrongly.

I have all the DLC except the FOTS extra clans so I don't think that matters.

Will try again to create a simple one this weekend.

Does anyone know how to remove the technology requirement for matchlock ashigaru?

I managed to add in a uniform. Uniform name just seems to be the name the shows up in the unit editor. Filename is exactly that. Make sure your custom uniform is in VarientModels\Units. Everything else is self explanatory really but for imposter_sharing leave that field blank. None of my uniforms would show in game until I just left it blank

How to create custom uniform ?

unit editor haha

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Hi Iam trying to change the stats for the Boshin Imperial Infantry in unit_stats_land but every time I start the game it crashes. I have the mod pack in the data and I have FoTS, but every time I make a pack changing the units_stats_land table it crashes. What could be the problem?

What are the changes precisely?

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by rainkloud View Post
    What are the changes precisely?
    I was changing the core_marksmanship to 3 and the core_loading_skill to 75, changing the ammo to 50, change firing mod to all ranks fire, and giving them the ring_bayonet but that was the second time when I tried to add the bayonet.

I don't think it has anything to do with the changes I made to that specific unit because I tried to change one thing another unit and it caused a crash as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AUG351 View Post
    I was [...] giving them the ring_bayonet
    That probably is the problem, I can easily imagine ring bayonet being present in a table, but not defined in all which it would be required to work. Does it work without the ring bayonet change?
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    That probably is the problem, I can easily imagine ring bayonet being present in a table, but not defined in all which it would be required to work. Does it work without the ring bayonet change?
    No, nothing is working no matter what changes I make. I tried to give them the bayonets and the 50 ammo the second time I tried to make the mod. The first time I just changed the core_marksmanship and the core_loading skill and it caused a crash at start up as well.

I don't think it has anything to do with the changes. Could it be that I used the "Export" and the "Export Dependences" to make the pack file instead of doing it in BOB?

Zack-Stefy's Avatar Decanus

Ahh, the unit editor is still not working