Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Pike and Musket TW for MTW VI

cegorach's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Pike and Musket TW for MTW VI

It seems that thanks to this discovery

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...96#post1437696

of sharrukin

I can fit even more units in each campaign.

It means that some units unavailable in some campaigns will appear everywhere - miner teams, fortifications, some guard units among others.

I will also add more new units because I have about 25 free slots in each campaign now.:2thumbsup:

I will probably add more agents as well - Polish envoy, Polish agent, Italian Assassin, French emissary are my initial ideas for now - all are possible because agents ignore the hardcoded limit of units in MTW VI.:2thumbsup:

More fun, more realism, but more time to wait - unfortunatelly you can't predict everything... and I thought I know almost everything, another lesson of humility, I guess.:laugh4:

Ehh, it seems there will be those 1000 units in PMTW 2.0 after all.
    Enemy of 'illiberal democracies', member of the B.A.L.T.S.
    VISIT Pike and Musket forums VISIT the amazing site about PLC
    under the patronage of the mighty ASTERIX

so ah, when is this thing coming out?

I had more to add than expected so cannot say for sure, but it will not be long I am sure too.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Heya hows the mod going... I was wondering, how many factions will be in 2.0?

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Is there a download link for this mod or is it unreleased?
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=64052 that be the download page for Pike and Musket 1.5

Factions. Let's see.

4 in ECW
    2 maybe 3 in Spanish Invasion
    + over a dozen in Lion of the North , MP packs for other periods - most interesting are Hawaii and Mapuche.

Of course there are over 56 in PMTW 1.5 already so count them too.

Spanish Invasion? Is that the Spanish Armada/Nine Years' War VI-map idea you mentioned on the Org, or something else?

Anyway, good luck, it's been a long ride but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

I've only just discovered this great mod and am really enjoying it so far. However, i have just a few questions.
    Is it possible to somehow make the unit sizes smaller. Currently i have it set on Small, and yet they are still about at 100.
    Also, in my current campaign as Ireland i have an invasion force ready and the seas around the British isles are brimming with Irish vessels. Yet when i get my army to make an amphibious assault there are some regions in southern Britain that i just cant land on despite having a link of ships. Pressing "V" confirms that i have an unbroken link of ships, yet i still cant land my army.
    Would there be any way i could fix this problem, by making some minor changes in the text files, for example.
    Unfortunately, I am completely inept at modding MTW and have no idea what to do.
    Cheers

Uandwhosearmy's Avatar Miles

Are you at war with the british? If they too have ships in these coastal regions that would block any troop movements across water. You need to get rid of the british fleet in the relevant regions first.

Thats strange.. Theres something preventing me from declaring war on the English. When the Roundheads held Mercia and Wessex, I wasn't able to land there, but as soon as the Scots moved south and captured the two provinces they instantly became available for me to move onto. As i said before I'm not at war with the English but nor am I alled with them.

Uandwhosearmy's Avatar Miles

Once again: Did the British have ships in the waters you were trying to traverse? If so, they act as protection against naval assaults.

If you are able to land your troops in the now scottish lands that would lead me to believe they don't have any ships present.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardoniscorn View Post
    I've only just discovered this great mod and am really enjoying it so far. However, i have just a few questions.
    Is it possible to somehow make the unit sizes smaller. Currently i have it set on Small, and yet they are still about at 100.

ALL units have their size fixed to certain number - no more no less. I am sorry, but this is for the safety of the users and to make the game both more challenging and stable.

Cegorach whens the next update?

Only you Ceg would stick Hawaii in a mod. It's good to see that you are still updating. I'll snag a copy when you release! Well done sir.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Came back after a short holiday. The work will continue.

BTW Lady Meg Thanks !
    Hawaii military is quite interesting I must say - especially their phalanxes of pikemen and swordsmen with shark tooth armed maces.

Besides I have found even more interesting factions to add, unfortunatelly only for the MP/custom mode.

good work cegorach

May I offer my help for graphic purposes? I Dominate the use of photoshop, paintshop,tga's, bif's, gif to lbm's, etc. If you want shields/castleflag sets I can do it. Just give me the img.

Thank you, but no. I try not to 'employ' other people where I can handle something myself.
    Currently the only aspect I cannot deal with is complicated animations for the mod which currently is limited to Landsknecht infantry.

Most likely they won't show up as with their seperate graphics and exactly like now will stay with 'vanilla' animations...

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
    Thank you, but no. I try not to 'employ' other people where I can handle something myself.
    Currently the only aspect I cannot deal with is complicated animations for the mod which currently is limited to Landsknecht infantry.

Most likely they won't show up as with their seperate graphics and exactly like now will stay with 'vanilla' animations...
    Oh, well, ok....see, I have your mod installed, and I have changed several images such as flags and shields, which in my opinion, are badly done, I didn't mean you can't handle that simple graphics, I mean I can do them better.