Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Pike and Musket TW for MTW VI

cegorach's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Pike and Musket TW for MTW VI

That is Dance Macabre mod for The Dawn of War - warhammer 40k RTS.
    Enemy of 'illiberal democracies', member of the B.A.L.T.S.
    VISIT Pike and Musket forums VISIT the amazing site about PLC
    under the patronage of the mighty ASTERIX

I haven't heard of that game. Is it good? I usually never play RTS games.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Its a good game. Currently Im playing a campaign as the Crimean Tatar Khanate in the first age. It is really hard to stay alive. The Moldavians have a vast elite army that you can barel manage to repel. Then the Georgians menace you from the east and the mighty Russians will crush you from the north. SO far I have taken over one province, moldava. Its pretty intense. The Tatars have nothing but Horse archers and crappy light cav. No infantry that Im aware of. I also allied with the Ottomans, hoping they would conquer the world and I would profit off it, turns out the Venetians are owning them.

The Khanate as of now.

Im hoping to reunite the Golden Horde but that is looking like a long-term goal.
    Blut und Boden

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius
    Its a good game. Currently Im playing a campaign as the Crimean Tatar Khanate in the first age. It is really hard to stay alive. The Moldavians have a vast elite army that you can barel manage to repel. Then the Georgians menace you from the east and the mighty Russians will crush you from the north. SO far I have taken over one province, moldava. Its pretty intense. The Tatars have nothing but Horse archers and crappy light cav.
    The Tatars are one of the hardest factions to play - one of more enjoyable too.

Here is their unit roster for this campaign - taken from the online guide - link in my sign

THE AGE OF EXPLORATION

Kirim Suvari (B)

Atli Tatarlar

Tatar Arkans

Izci Tatarlar

Kipchak Asker

--from 1572-> Keffe Bekci

Nogay Asker

--from 1572-> Vozy

--from 1572-> Ukrainian Peasants

--from 1572-> Lovas hajdúk (Carpathia, Hungary)

Ashirs

Curteni (Wallachia)

Strajeri (Moldavia)

Razesi (Moldavia)

--from 1572-> Hajdú puskások

--from 1572-> Cossacks

--from 1572-> Zaporozhye

They have some access to good infantry too, though only from 1572, still it is nomad faction with extremely agile cavalry. Also for now you might consider using moldavian Strajeri who are mounted infantry better than anything you have now against enemy pikemen, also by dismounting them you will get reliable archers too.

Im hoping to reunite the Golden Horde but that is looking like a long-term goal.

When I played the faction I managed to take only 3 provinces after 80 turns with several assaults and counterattacks, civil war and struggling to keep economy alive...

@RodentDung

Yes, very in my opinion - one of best games I played, but it is also due to my WH40k miniature hobby.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

I have noticed a bug. I was playing as Granada when i created a Jihad towars castile.

Notice the spies...in an army. Nevertheless, when the army arrived the game CTD. Any ideas?

EDIT: I forgot you can disband units in jihads...

here is my empire now, the resurgence of the Almohad Caliphate.

Oh yeah, im pretty sure you made this intentional, but why can't you move units from certain provinces to other provinces. (example; tunisia to cyrencia and bohemia to hungary) Are you trying to simulate historical expansion???
    Last edited by Aetius; November 01, 2006 at 11:28 PM.
    Blut und Boden

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius
    I have noticed a bug.

Notice the spies...in an army. Nevertheless, when the army arrived the game CTD. Any ideas?
    Well spotted, I need to eliminate this possibility in jihads for PMTW 2.0.

Oh yeah, im pretty sure you made this intentional, but why can't you move units from certain provinces to other provinces. (example; tunisia to cyrencia and bohemia to hungary) Are you trying to simulate historical expansion???
    Yes, I did. Untill the new map will be ready the changes are the anly way to channel some factions' expansions. There is no scripting in events area, after all.

i like this mod... just sayin

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Do you still mod mtw?
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

mm...this mod is really good in several senses, but lacks a lot in others, lacks finishing it........ I just love all the units, but I can´t stand to see the b/w drawings or the unit's panel or seeing marksmen shooting javelins to 90 yds!!!!!! there is somethihg very annoying too: the really strange behavior of the feudal muslim levy! xD the leader goes alone to the spot you designed to be, while the rest keeps turning round, back and forth almost never reaching the right spot.... I can see the difference between untrained levies and erratic herds..
    the other thing is that it screwed up my other mods xDD

well, taking those things out I think this mod is really big thing just needs refining...

...cheers

Javelin thing is hardcoded and can't be removed - note that it exists also in NTW1, but I have used it somehow better.

Muslim Levy is corrected in the patch I am quite sure - maybe one period is wrong with that, but not all.

Random animation thing appears in 1-3 units from over 700 existing in the game.

Generally for the size of the mod (4 times larger than NTW1, 2 times than BKB's etc) there are very few mistakes.

Note that this is very advanced, but still a BETA and the rest of mistakes will be covered by the coming PMTW 2.0.

Later only MTW II project awaits us, but at least there will be something to play before.

Regards Cegorach

I´m sorry, maybe I was too light in my critic, I´m sure that modding is a very hard and complex task (since I have no idea of how to do it)
    your work is simply astonishing, starting with the highly accurate historic background to the marvelous looks of all of the new units (I almost had a heart attack when I sought the scottish pikemen) It's really impressive the work you have done here.. just keep on it, people like you (with your abilities and knowledge) makes people like me (with hardly a clue of how to play a strat game) have the fun of their days off...thank you very much for this mod..and cheers..

when is 2.0 coming out?

My most favourite animations are those of Polish Husaria (all kinds), Ottoman Delil ( those lion skins, jeopard coats and feathers !) and suprisingly Russian Streltsy with their big axes and red, long coats.

I am going to release PMTW 2.0 before December - it is not really much work left, actually.

Maybe I could be some help for you...I've made some flags for my mtw XL mod......and If you want I can make some flags for your mod...

here are some of them

Castile - Leonese

Venetians

Hungarians

Scots

Novgorods

Swedish

Danish

Cumans
    Last edited by Tyberius; November 14, 2006 at 03:10 PM.

I am going to release PMTW 2.0 before December - it is not really much work left, actually.
    wow!! that is really very very great!! can't wait to play it!!

nice nicei 3950 nice!

Even with PMTW2 in more active phase old, good MTW1 hasn't been abandoned yet.

PMTW 2.0 is coming

some screens from the 4th campaign Lion of the North

Bohemian musketeers

Courland cuirassiers attack Pomeranian militia

Palatinate cuirassiers fight militia of Munster Bishopric

militia of Ragusan republic

The final starting positions of the factions in the campaign

Can't wait for it actually, cego. Just like NTW, PMTW are both beautiful mods for MTW. And with the disappointment of MII TW, I've been playing Knights of Honor and am going to put MTW 1 back on my computer today.

cegorach i just tried to download the patch(just a few weeks late lol) but when i press the link the site appears but i get a message that says "file wasnt found". is there another way i can get the patch?

Use the links in the forum in the ORG ( PMTW 1.5 downloads)- check my sign.