Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Pike and Musket TW for MTW VI

cegorach's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Pike and Musket TW for MTW VI

I know, I know - it is a mistake with the palette, still at least for now it makes the player more paranoid (full stacks everywhere) and spies are more useful this way. :hmmm:
    Enemy of 'illiberal democracies', member of the B.A.L.T.S.
    VISIT Pike and Musket forums VISIT the amazing site about PLC
    under the patronage of the mighty ASTERIX

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

(Oh, and corpses. I don't see corpses. I keep forgetting to add these things because I had company! Ach!)

For now the dead bodies will have to wait... I need to finish all animation set in the mod first.

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach
    For now the dead bodies will have to wait... I need to finish all animation set in the mod first.
    :happy0144
    I don't think I'll sleep until then
    Because it was 3 in the morning when you posted that, and I was up
    I did notice in Spain, the provinces of Portugal and Murcia do not have their names on the map...I'm fairly sure they can be edited on, MTW:VI:XL managed to do that.

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

I love this mod but anyways I was wondering, I'm a history nut and is the maps correct like the countries all in there right spots and have the are the right size, I can't seem to find a map on google maps that shows Europe's countries in the mid 1400's-1500's

Damn.

There is a problem which is extremely important to solve - some units 'generate' cash when chosen in custom or multiplayer battles.

The error is extremely hard to correct and it alread took me 2 days to remove 1/3 of those weird mistakes. I have a better pattern to approach it now, but it will take a while since the error stops me from changing anything else ( almost everything not connected to it directly is done).

I will try to release the patch tomorrow, but most likely it will be done without English Civil Wars campaign.

I wil re-release the patch after some time with the campaign in place and playable and the released patch will NOT affect campaigns played by you before that - ECW has nothing to do with saved 'normal' campaigns so no worries.

For now I will describe MP codes used to help in army composition in the mod - it will be done in MP thread.

Again sorry for another delay, but it is me who is really, I mean REALLY ****** of...

OK let's see 'Desperado' - some sex and violence in this Rodriguez excellent movie should calm me down a little

ARMY COMPOSITION RULES IN MP FOR patched PMTW 1.5

The main problem encountered in MP battles was the huge choice of units resulting in unacceptable composition of armies consisting sometimes of only foreign units even from a different cornel of the map e.g. Moroccan Cimaroons in Brandenburgian forces + the conflict between mid-XVIIth and late XVIIth century troops which are almost entire era away.

For this reason I designed system restricting the choice somehow and making it much better balanced and realistic.

How does it works ?

First - the choice of units available to an army has been completely revised - now sometimes you have to fight with army which has only 5-6 units to choose from and all of these are realistic choices now.

Second - certain marks have been added in MP pack so now you will know how many units of certain types you can field and when it can happen.

Here is the list of the marks - these are almost only letters.

markings

I

II

III

I+

Are to restrict the number of certain soldiers on the field.
    The marks show the MAXIMUM number of certain soldiers on the battlefield in a 16 unit army.

In addition I+ marks that a certain unit MUST be taken - only few units are marked this way.

letters:

L

E

L/E

L/-

Make a difference between Early units of Religious Turmoil and Sun King's Ambition and Late choices.

The letters might be combined to show when certain troopers fought in Religius Turmoil and WHEN they appeared during Sun King's Ambition so L/E means that the unit is available in late Religius Turmoil and early Sun King's Ambition and L/- shows that these soldiers appeared in late
    Religius Turmoi and are available in the whole Sun King's Ambition campaign.

This means that when meeting for a battle you first HAVE to tell your friends that you are playing in early/late Religious Turmoil/Sun King's Ambition otherwise you might find someone with one 'level' better army than yours.

As you noticed the letters have NO meaning when fighting during Age of Exploration.

Also if there is NO L or E you have the right to use the unit without above restrictions.

Letters GR mean something special I will reveal only when the patch is released, for now you can only guess without much chance for the right anwer...

Finally when a unit has '<>' with its name it means it is allowed to use WEDGE formation.

I hope the rules are easy to understand. I believe the system should make the game much more interesting in MP.

Remember that you have always the choice to 'forget' all the restrictions and play whatever your amount of Florins allowes you, but don't forget to tell your opponents that you do ! :wink:

Regards Cegorach

my artwork
    Scots Armies of the English Civil War:

first unit - Ensign, Aberdeen Millitia (Megray Hill, 1639):

:wink:

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

hats off to great mod
    and spirit of the modding team for not giving up and finaly relesing the mod
    {so what its late. downloading now but it will be better if u could release the patch in this month}
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

edit: Thank you for answering my question via msn, ceg!

It is 1.30 a.m here, so I am not in my best shape, but finally I can announce the release of the PATCH :balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2:

Its general purpose was to improve the gameplay and correct as many mistakes as possible without adding ( too many) mistakes none of those critical.

Overall it adds

- 11 new factions - Granada, Kazan Khanate, Hessen-Kassel, Morocco, Wallachia, Montenegro, Wurttemberg playable in campaigns + Ethiopia, Songhai Empire, Uzbek Khorde and Iroquois Confederacy for MP mode only.

- over 130 new units including so odd as Fortified Position, new dragoons and American and African native units,

- over 40 new historical heroes for several factions including Kazan, Georgia, Holland or Sweden,

- numerous new animations - including the American Natives, African cavalry and infantry,

- MP pack designed to balance the online warfare and still make it interesting,

- changes in other areas,

+ last, but not least VIDEOs as the first and possibly the last MTW mod.:2thumbsup:

I will write more later when I am more concious so here are the links

Video files - nor necessary to play the mod, but worth trying.

http://rapidshare.de/files/30571263/...ovies.exe.html

The main zipped file - the Patch itself

http://rapidshare.de/files/30818092/The_Patch.zip.html

Mistakes and errors are unlikely to avoid for this reason please report any mistakes you spot - if theirnumber or importance is larger than expected the patch will be re-released after one week with at least the serious errors finally cleansed.:2thumbsup: :skull:

Regards Cegorach

Couple of screenshots with the most exotoc additions in the mod.

Ethiopian cavalry

Iroquois warriors

faction selection screen with Ethiopia

Uzbek mounted infantry on camels

Wicked, downloading now!

Very nice. I transferred this to my college computer last night, and off I go, looks like I'll have something to do while I'm away!

There were minor glitches as well as one bigger in historical battles - I have uploaded the patch with corrected mistakes - it can be downloaded from the link above (has been edited).

Re-installing the patch will NOT affect your patch saves so you can re-install it without any hesitations

Btw i still cant see why simple names like Pikemen have been changed to a 30-letter russian monstrosity called a word. Really need some sort of build guide.

downloaded, thank you for your great work, cegorach!!

Quote Originally Posted by Byte
    Btw i still cant see why simple names like Pikemen have been changed to a 30-letter russian monstrosity called a word. Really need some sort of build guide.

Because this is the main policy of the mod to have the names in national languages whenever possible.

The guide will be done, but for now I am taking some time off to have a rest from the entirre modding thing

La Voltigeur's Avatar Foederatus

Hey cegorach! thanks for this wonderful mod

I was wondering is it possible to mirror the patch and movie files elsewhere as I'm having problems trying to get it off rapidshare.. I know this is too much to ask but it would be greatly appreciated if I can get my hands on the patch and movie.

edit: by the way I'm trying to run the game right now.. does the fresh MTW VI installation mean v2.01 as I'm experiencing CTDs whenever I try to run a campaign.
    Last edited by La Voltigeur; August 30, 2006 at 10:52 PM.

I think that the Lords will help with that as they did with PMTW 1.5 - right now it is impossible to ask them since their forum is off.

The CTD might be caused by too high map resolution - set it to 800 x 600 because the new map with new provinces requires that.
    It doesn't matter if you have 2.01 or 2.00 MTW VI - it must be fresh install with PMTW 1.5 installed first.

Regards Cegorach