Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Pike and Musket TW for MTW VI

cegorach's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Pike and Musket TW for MTW VI

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    So what effect will Bronislaw Komorowski's election have?

Is there hope for the future? It seems so.

We're all in the same boat everywhere: "cutting government spending". Getting off the government boob and finding our own food. The boob is empty anyway, but some keep on sucking .

It will make us stronger as individuals. We will become independent again and we can learn to help each other again.

I'm trying to find some relief in playing your mod .
    (Trying to survive as the Netherlands and kicking out these spanjards again).

Tomorrow the great battle on the World Soccerfield.

Definetely a positive one!

I am currently starting my new bussiness so my attention is a wee bit occupied.

Nevertheless I am starting reworking exisiting historical battles this week using most recent data I received in latest months and days.

I'd like to start releasing independent packs which would be possible to apply to 1.5 PMTW to test them while I am working on other improvements.

This way there might be no 'true' betatesting, but the new imrovements would be downloaded and tested by players while the project is continued.

Quite cunning, isn't it?:laugh4:
    Last edited by cegorach; August 04, 2010 at 07:36 AM.
    Enemy of 'illiberal democracies', member of the B.A.L.T.S.
    VISIT Pike and Musket forums VISIT the amazing site about PLC
    under the patronage of the mighty ASTERIX

johnswan's Avatar Tiro

love this mod,just a question on the victory conditions,do i have to conquer the entire map(unlikely for me lol) or will i be offered a lesser victory at 60 odd provinces ?

Update 2020 - anyone know the answer to this?
    Update 2022 - anyone know the answer?
    Last edited by johnswan; February 02, 2022 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Update

Mihai Bogdan's Avatar Laetus

Greeeat ! I am glad to see sir Cegorach back!! . Dear sir I can help you a bit with the Romanian countries. We had two princes (voievods) in the 17th century Vasile Lupu in Moldavia and Matei (Matthew) Basarab in Wallachia. I think that introducing them in the game would be great because there were a lot of battles between them. And if you introduce the Great Northern War in your game and if Moldavia is present you can put then in the game prince Dimitrie Cantemir who was a very important historical figure in the Romanian history (he was erudite and he wrote many books like "Descriptio Moldaviae" and others), he was allied with Peter the Great at Stanilesti and both were defeated (Dimitrie escaped in the Russian Empire). It seems that since then the Russians had intentions to take a piece of Moldavia.

Mihai Bogdan's Avatar Laetus

Here are also some flags for Wallachia, I see the flag you use for Wallachia in your mod is a bit wrong, that was the flag of Wallachia later

1. Flag of Wallachia (also during the period of Michael the Brave)
    2. Prince Mihnea the 3rd flag (17th century)
    3. Flag of Prince Constantin Brancoveanu (bloody Ottomans beheaded all his three sons and his son-in- low)
    4. War flag of Wallachia 1683
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flag of wallachia.png  

Hey Ceg, how is 2.0 coming along? Do you need some help with research? Are historical events possible?
    Last edited by Dr. Croccer; August 22, 2010 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Hello, Cegorach.

I must say that I've been checking this thread for any signs of progress on 2.0 every day for well over a month. To date, I have played a lot of 1.5. Otherwise, I would never have believed that a mod could so revolutionize the original MTW VI as much as Pike and Musket has. This is truly outstanding work, Cegorach. Already, I have logged many hours playing as Sweden (the second, nail-biting, campaign), Poland-Lithuania (of course), and Savoy (in Sun King's Ambition, where I am proud to say that I not only kept my head above water, but also served the Spanish their paella with cold steel). Now I am simply desperate to get my hands on 2.0--to see the beauty of which, even after 8 years, the MTW engine is still capable. I know your amazing mod has a large fan base--some of whom, like me, have remained silent (until now). I hope it's not dead or forgotten!

PS. This may be a long shot, but I'd be glad to help out with any textual aspects of the mod (unit and building descriptions, etc.) That's the best I can do!

I just want to say that I love this mod even after such a long time. I find myself repeatedly coming back to it, this and the Lordz' American Total War. Two of th best total war mods, and who would think MTW would still be going strong? Count me among this mod's loyal fans

p.s. i'm a sprite artist if any sprites need sprucing up, happy to help

cegorach's Avatar Artifex

I've spent last weeks setting up my new enterprise, but in 5 days or so it should be finally ready.

Any help with animations would be great - conversion from CIV3 animations is horribly difficult and I'd like some of them.
    A lot.
    Enemy of 'illiberal democracies', member of the B.A.L.T.S.
    VISIT Pike and Musket forums VISIT the amazing site about PLC
    under the patronage of the mighty ASTERIX

Deus ret.'s Avatar Civis

Whatever it takes, Ceg, we'll wait it out....and we still support you! Not entirely without our own motives of course

As long as 2.0 arrives some day, everything will be fine. So all the best for finishing this mammoth project!
    Vexilla Regis prodeunt Inferni

Hi, I'm having trouble running this mod on vista. when I begin a battle it crashes at the loading screen. I've played this mod before on vista and didn't have a problem. can anyone help? Presumably it's a video issue?

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

cegorach, i don't know if you are already operative...but i want to say that yo have a dream in your hands...a dream that can became truth if you release 2.0...THIS MOD IS TOO GREAT!DON'T LET HIM DIE!
    PLEASE!
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

Very good!
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Any updates about version 2.0? Anybody know what the status is?

Dead? You can play finished and fully functional 1.5 version. cegorach wanted to add some new content in ver. 2.0 but I suppose he doesn't have enough time. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Dead? You can play finished and fully functional 1.5 version. cegorach wanted to add some new content in ver. 2.0 but I suppose he doesn't have enough time. That's all.

Yes that's generally what dead means. I was waiting on 2.0 for quite a while to start a new campaign but I suppose there is no point now.

bleach's Avatar Biarchus

Did anyone ever mod P&M to include the historical leaders in the game? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by bleach View Post
    Did anyone ever mod P&M to include the historical leaders in the game? Just curious
    Not that I'm aware of. I suppose it wouldn't be hard if one had a working knowledge of the Startpos files (which I haven't), though I'd assume that Cegorach would have done this himself. Perhaps he was saving it for 2.0?

As for the relative "deadness" of the mod, 1.5 is still a fantastic, thrilling game. 2.0, however, would have been the bees knees to those of us who have checked and re-checked this thread over the last couple years for signs of progress.

One almost wishes that Cegorach (if he is otherwise occupied and not planning to finish 2.0) could be persuaded to pass the torch. I'm sure there be some modders interested in picking up where he left off...

Hilarion's Avatar Vicarius

He hasn't been online since September 18 and he was planning on releasing 2.0 within a few days judging from this September 17 post
    Quote Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
    I've spent last weeks setting up my new enterprise, but in 5 days or so it should be finally ready.

Any help with animations would be great - conversion from CIV3 animations is horribly difficult and I'd like some of them.
    A lot.
    ... hopefully nothing serious happened to him!

bleach's Avatar Biarchus

Well I'm going to go ahead and try to mod the leaders into the game myself, if I can figure out how to do it. Are there any tutorials for modding MTW? The TWC wiki was not helpful.

PS does anyone know if it's possible to have preset diplomacy for MTW scenarios? It bothers me that none of the factions start out at war or allied eg. the Covenanters and Roundheads.
    Last edited by bleach; July 12, 2011 at 01:33 PM.