Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: dIRECTOR's Cut for MOS 1.6.2

Default Re: Director's Cut 1.2 for MOS 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by SirEyeball View Post
    Sooo this is compatible then????
    I couldn't guarantee it. I just don't know what the other submod changes, but if it only changes campaign_script.txt, its compatible.

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by dIRECT0R View Post
    I couldn't guarantee it. I just don't know what the other submod changes, but if it only changes campaign_script.txt, its compatible.
    I'll try it and report back so you'll know if others ask.
    I watch and Learn

yes it's 100% compatible

Well everything appears to be in order. The colour of Eriador is the same as the colour was for the Dwarfs but the Dwarfs are not mentioned in the OP what colour do they have now?
    I watch and Learn

Well everything appears to be in order. The colour of Eriador is the same as the colour was for the Dwarfs but the Dwarfs are not mentioned in the OP what colour do they have now?
    Could you clarify?

EDIT: Later today I'll be posting a new version with a tiny tweak that slipped my memory previously. Gondor Militia, Militia Archers, and Gondor Cavalry Militia will get new, accurate ui icons.

the colour on the minimap is the same as the Dwarven colour. If you haven't changed that then it would be very hard to discern the 2 on the minimap plus the tiny banners look slightly like the dwaven ones as well.

Edit I checked they have the same colour on the minimap which I find confusing where do I change the colour for Eriador and how?
    Last edited by SirEyeball; November 01, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
    I watch and Learn

the colour on the minimap is the same as the Dwarven colour. If you haven't changed that then it would be very hard to discern the 2 on the minimap plus the tiny banners look slightly like the dwaven ones as well.

Edit I checked they have the same colour on the minimap which I find confusing where do I change the colour for Eriador and how?
    Go to Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data and open the descr_sm_factions file. There you'll find all the factions listed one by one as vanilla Medieval II factions ("sicily" is Gondor for example), but you can generally tell which faction is which by the name of their intro animation and/or listed units. The Dwarves are "moors" and the "turks" are Eriador. You'll find the "primary_colour" and "secondary_colour" entries there, they are of course the ones you need to change (they're in the RGB color model). Now you can either enter some colours you prefer, or you can just copy-over the necessary colour entries from a backup descr_sm_factions file (for example the one you downloaded when you got this submod).

Go to Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data and open the descr_sm_factions file. There you'll find all the factions listed one by one as vanilla Medieval II factions ("sicily" is Gondor for example), but you can generally tell which faction is which by the name of their intro animation and/or listed units. The Dwarves are "moors" and the "turks" are Eriador. You'll find the "primary_colour" and "secondary_colour" entries there, they are of course the ones you need to change (they're in the RGB color model). Now you can either enter some colours you prefer, or you can just copy-over the necessary colour entries from a backup descr_sm_factions file (for example the one you downloaded when you got this submod).
    Thx I did not mind that the colour was changed I just minded that it was exactly like the dwaven one I just made it yellow as I understand it will change if I reforge Arnor?

Edit I don't have to do anything with the files in the FAR folder right?
    Last edited by SirEyeball; November 01, 2012 at 04:07 PM.
    I watch and Learn

Thx I did not mind that the colour was changed I just minded that it was exactly like the dwaven one I just made it yellow as I understand it will change if I reforge Arnor?
    Probably, I didn't test it.

Edit: I don't have to do anything with the files in the FAR folder right?
    I myself didn't edit anything there.

Probably, I didn't test it.

I myself didn't edit anything there.
    Works like a charm now thx
    I watch and Learn

Works like a charm now thx
    Glad to hear it

Does this add garrisons in weathertop? I suddenly found garrisons in villages/towns and castles where there before this were none so have you added garrisons? If not then hmmmmm? I quite like that they are there but am just curious?
    I watch and Learn

the minimap color for eriador/arnor is nearly the exact same color for orcs of gundabad.

Quote Originally Posted by Heheggg View Post
    the minimap color for eriador/arnor is nearly the exact same color for orcs of gundabad.
    If you read a few posts up you will see that I had the problem where the mini colour map for Eriador was just like the dwarves the post just below that dIRECTOR tells me how to fix it. Hope this helps.
    I watch and Learn

Does this add garrisons in weathertop? I suddenly found garrisons in villages/towns and castles where there before this were none so have you added garrisons? If not then hmmmmm? I quite like that they are there but am just curious?
    Nope. Can't possibly be this submod

Its weird that this happens. I'm working on it. Look out for a new version, or just fix it yourself in 0.3 seconds (per the explanation above).

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Thanks for the mod

Only thing that is slightly irritating is how the new bow/sword Quendi units have been replaced with the old ones. Plus the BFME Elven (presuming its that game?) voices can get quite annoying. Apart from that everything looks good so thankyou.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Quote Originally Posted by gaunty14 View Post
    Only thing that is slightly irritating is how the new bow/sword Quendi units have been replaced with the old ones.
    Really? I hate the new Quendi models. The old ones seem superior in quality and better designed, not to mention that they don't have any silly women-warriors fighting medieval-style battles.

The BFME Elven (presuming its that game?) voices can get quite annoying.
    Its highly unlikely that has anything to do with this mod.

Apart from that everything looks good so thank you.
    Np, glad you folks like it

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Ah the new voices must be a MOS addon. Shouldn't be too hard for me to remove though (hopefully?), I've noticed that they're really bugged as well. Every now and then I get voices from RTW playing.
    Last edited by gaunty14; November 05, 2012 at 11:37 AM.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

When will this be compatible with 1.4?

When will this be compatible with 1.4?
    Oh very soon, in a day or two. Three at most.