Thread: dIRECTOR's Cut for MOS 1.6.2

Default Re: Director's Cut 1.2 for MOS 1.3

np

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by TanZHao View Post
    Haha! Just wonderful !!
    Really handsome.
    Thank you for your help, I now feel very excited.

Hey, I liked those. Is that part of the new release?

Hope it fix the high elf problem
    Last edited by Heheggg; October 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Do you mean the Rohan textures in general, or just the captain's cloak? (which is green in the screenshot whereas its usually red, that was TanZHao's request)

Quote Originally Posted by Heheggg View Post
    Hope it fix the high elf problem
    Reportedly, the High Elves are completely fine now. I think there shouldn't be any problems on that front.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

The Rohan textures. I thought you only had worked on Gondor and Elves.

I was just wondering if this was compatible with the Return of the King minimod for MOS 1.3 and the expanded map. If you can get back with me I would very much appreciate it.

The Rohan textures. I thought you only had worked on Gondor and Elves.
    The factions that are completely reworked are Gondor, Rohan, Silvan Elves, High Elves, and Arnor. Also some units from the Free People's of Eriador. I'm actually pretty proud of my Silvan Elves modifications .

Quote Originally Posted by hunterlf22 View Post
    I was just wondering if this was compatible with the Return of the King minimod for MOS 1.3 and the expanded map. If you can get back with me I would very much appreciate it.
    Hmm.. it might work. If you want to try it I suggest first installing TATW, then MOS 1.3, then Expanded Map, then this, and then RotK (then running Cleaner and deleting map.RWM and all that). Should you decide to go on an exciting adventure of this sort, definitely let me know. By that I mean: if it works - let me know, if it don't - let me know where the bug was.

Hey, I used Director's Cut for MOS 1.3, and Director's Rohan general's cloak.
    I recommend you try it.
    Because it is very good.
    Last edited by TanZHao; October 28, 2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Double post

Dear dIRECT0R:

Thank you very much for the help before.
    If you are not busy, could you help me do this:
    rohan_captain's cloak. Its original color is red.
    Could you help me,change it to green color?
    And \Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\models_strat\textures\
    rohan_captain.tga, rohan_general.tga
    Change red Cloak to green color.
    It is too much trouble for you.
    I really appreciate you for this.

Ok the Rohan captain should already have a green cape instead of red: the Rohan general and captain models both use the spearmens4.texture file, have a look. As for the strategic map models, here's the relevant files (try the other link if one doesn't work):

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22554639/Green+capes.rar

http://netload.in/dateiMTvxIcXPgh/Green capes.rar.htm

As you've probably figured out, they go to Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\models_strat\textures. Copy them there and overwrite the four files (possibly backing up the old ones). Now, for the record, you may find yourself wanting to make a lot of these little changes - that's how people start modding properly. I recommend you learn a bit about how to edit .texture files in the tutorials, then you can do whatever you like .
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; October 28, 2012 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dIRECT0R View Post
    Ok the Rohan captain should already have a green cape instead of red: the Rohan general and captain models both use the spearmens4.texture file, have a look. As for the strategic map models, here's the relevant files (try the other link if one doesn't work):

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22554639/Green+capes.rar

http://netload.in/dateiMTvxIcXPgh/Green capes.rar.htm

As you've probably figured out, they go to Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\models_strat\textures. Copy them there and overwrite the four files (possibly backing up the old ones). Now, for the record, you may find yourself wanting to make a lot of these little changes - that's how people start modding properly. I recommend you learn a bit about how to edit .texture files in the tutorials, then you can do whatever you like .

Sincerely thank you for your help.
    You are a great help to me.

I can try to learn, if I not stupid.

Likes to know if your submod will be compatible with the new MOS 1.4 when it comes out or will be included in it? Or will one have to tweak things to make it work,how will you go about it? See if more stuff and touches to other factions too!

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

Hi I play with MOS with Expanded map and CRS does that interfere with this mod? I mean the CRS part I know the Expanded Map has an edition.
    I watch and Learn

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Gomila The Rock View Post
    Likes to know if your submod will be compatible with the new MOS 1.4 when it comes out or will be included in it? Or will one have to tweak things to make it work,how will you go about it? See if more stuff and touches to other factions too!
    Well since I play MOS I will also want to play the latest version with all my changes, so rest assured that at some point son after the release of MOS 1.4 the Director's Cut will be updated for it as well. As for whether it will be included - I don't know. I sure hope so. For one thing it would save me a lot of trouble carefully re-applying all my modifications on a new release .

Quote Originally Posted by SirEyeball View Post
    Hi I play with MOS with Expanded map and CRS does that interfere with this mod? I mean the CRS part I know the Expanded Map has an edition.
    By CRS you mean?

By CRS you mean?
    I mean if I can install this as well as the CRS? I have recently started to play Eriador and I read you had done some more work for them so I would like to try that out. It has to be said that I have done a few moderations on my own as well. I have cleaned the initial alliances/like/dislikes and removed the Ring script so I can play a more sandbox game with less scripted play. Funnily enough it always ends up being the same people that fight each other anyway but now I can as a player decide who to ally with and who to fight.
    I watch and Learn

Quote Originally Posted by SirEyeball View Post
    I mean if I can install this as well as the CRS? I have recently started to play Eriador and I read you had done some more work for them so I would like to try that out. It has to be said that I have done a few moderations on my own as well. I have cleaned the initial alliances/like/dislikes and removed the Ring script so I can play a more sandbox game with less scripted play. Funnily enough it always ends up being the same people that fight each other anyway but now I can as a player decide who to ally with and who to fight.
    Oh you mean the Cheat Removal Mod? Most likely the two won't mesh. I for one find the game easy as it is (though somewhat repetitive), so I probably won't be working to incorporate CRS into my game. Mind you, the Eriador units I've reworked thus far are only the Bree Milita and archers. Although Arnor has been given a makeover.
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; October 30, 2012 at 02:24 AM. Reason: typo

Thx I'll forego this till it gets included in MOS the OP there suggested the CRM so I gave it a whirl and now I dont know how to delete it plus I quite like it because my goal is world domination and this help speed things up a bit so it might be done in the time limit.
    I watch and Learn

this is compatible with crm as far as i know, since it doesn't change campaign_script.txt does it?

Quote Originally Posted by SRACon17 View Post
    this is compatible with crm as far as i know, since it doesn't change campaign_script.txt does it?
    No, it does not change campaign_script.txt .

No, it does not change campaign_script.txt .
    Sooo this is compatible then????
    I watch and Learn