Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: dIRECTOR's Cut for MOS 1.6.2

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Director's Cut 1.1 for MOS 1.3

I hate to be always the bringer of bad news,but... When you go to play a campaign,it returns to the main menu...

Quote Originally Posted by Kindjal83 View Post
    I hate to be always the bringer of bad news,but... When you go to play a campaign,it returns to the main menu...
    Ugh, damn it I tested ir and it was fine, I can't figure out what the problem might be. Unfortunately I'm extremely busy right now and can't devote sufficient time to the problem (I figured this release was tested and would be ok.)

I'm sure you deleted map.RWM and ran Cleanup.BAT? If the problem persisted, then I'll be back ASAP (probably in about a week) with a new release. Custom battle works fine this time around?

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Yes,custom battles work fine! I deleted map.rwm and clenup.bat to no avail... Take your time man,fix it whenever you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Kindjal83 View Post
    Yes,custom battles work fine! I deleted map.rwm and clenup.bat to no avail... Take your time man,fix it whenever you can!
    Its something to do with the start map modifications, I assume. In the meantime, you might want to try copying-over and overwriting only the unit_models folder: the majority of the modifications are there, and I don't think they can cause a crash of the sort you're describing.

same problem as kindjal83. fortunately i still have a copy of your first version.

This is epic job MOS+ Expanded Map+ This = PERFECT !
    dIRECT0R congrats on an amazing job.

Same problem as kindjal83 and SRACon17 x(

Hereje's Avatar Artifex

A mod for a mod of a mod of a Total War game? what a... lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hereje View Post
    A mod for a mod of a mod of a Total War game? what a... lol!!
    What we need now is another mod! no, what they ought to do is just incorporate it all into MOS, imo anyway.

Folks, I'm seriously annoyed my latest release didn't fix that pesky bug. I figured I'd tested it and it would work. Now I'm unfortunately unable to fix it for a while, tremendously busy. Be back at my home computer in about a week+ (currently posting from my phone).

It's almost certainly some silly insignificant detail, Emperor up there appears to have possibly figured it out?
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; October 11, 2012 at 07:57 PM.

uhm, what are the features of the new version which wasn't included in the first version? the first version is working properly, in fact, it's great

Quote Originally Posted by SRACon17 View Post
    uhm, what are the features of the new version which wasn't included in the first version? the first version is working properly, in fact, it's great
    1.1 includes new models for the Gondor Militia, Militia Archers, and Gondor Cavalry Militia based on Taro's design. The new models are upgradeable (three armour levels), and are stylistically more in-line with the rest of Gondor's units (which are practically all Taro's as well).

oh, then i'll just use the first version until a fix comes out, i rarely play with gondor anyway

hmm, does your first version include the fix for dale woodsmen?

hmm, does your first version include the fix for dale woodsmen?
    If MOS 1.3 includes it, so does DC. I didn't edit Dale at all, so there's no difference there between 1.0 and the buggy 1.1. I played Dale several times, most recently a few months ago, and I thought the units were very good. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is one of my core principles when it comes to modding .

Expect a working version of Director's Cut will be up around the 24th, plus/minus a day or two. It's not that the fix would take very long (probably about a half hour :p), its just that I'm not home until then.

P.s. The version I upload then will probably include a few additional tweaks to Gondor units, like new textures for the militia units, a shield for the Gondor Archers, and general modifications thereof based on Taro's Osgiliath Veterans.
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; October 17, 2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: P.S.

uhm, cause the fix was released only after quite some time after the release of 1.3. i just recently saw the fix on the MOS download site, it's just an edited edu
    eagerly awaiting your work

uhm, cause the fix was released only after quite some time after the release of 1.3. i just recently saw the fix on the MOS download site, it's just an edited edu
    Not sure if it includes the fix, but if its just an edu modification I'll certainly see about including it next time 'round (if its not already in there).

eagerly awaiting your work
    If you don't plan on playing Gondor, you pretty much have it all already . That said, I am planning to fix-up Lothlorien at some point.. though that's a formidable task. Practically every Lothlorien unit needs work (green shoulder guards??).

i might actually play Gondor just to see your new models

there is a guy spicemaster i think who is making submods for several factions i think its great sadly they dont seem to work for director's cut and expanded map for MOS.it would be good if it could be ported? maybe getting in touch with him with Spicemaster

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Gomila The Rock View Post
    there is a guy spicemaster i think who is making submods for several factions i think its great sadly they dont seem to work for director's cut and expanded map for MOS.it would be good if it could be ported? maybe getting in touch with him with Spicemaster
    Could you post a link to his work?

director yes it would be a good idea i know he has made some excellent sub mods for dale including new units and an heirs of rhovanion mod and one on the dunmen and on rhun this is one of his thread posts im sure if you can get all together. I think he has an open attitude and does'nt mind his work being used in other mods,he seems to be doing stuff all the time fuf a real fanatic http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t=spice+master