Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: dIRECTOR's Cut for MOS 1.6.2

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Director's Cut for MOS 1.3

Hey,dIRECTOR, how's it going? I need you help! Whenever I try to install your amazing sub-mod on MOS 1.3 with Mike Golf's Expanded Map, when I start a Campaing, or start a custom battle, the game crashes. I follow you exact instructions, but to no avail... Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

The current release no longer has modded textures for Boromir, but instead has a modified version of Taro's Gondor Levy Swordsmen model as a replacement for the vanilla Gondor Militia model. Its still "Gondor Militia", but its more similar in style to the higher-tier units (as its all Taro) and actually changes its appearance with armour upgrades. Am currently working on modified Gondor Militia Archers and Gondor Cavalry Militia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindjal83 View Post
    Hey,dIRECTOR, how's it going? I need you help! Whenever I try to install your amazing sub-mod on MOS 1.3 with Mike Golf's Expanded Map, when I start a Campaing, or start a custom battle, the game crashes. I follow you exact instructions, but to no avail... Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance!
    Hmm. A couple questions:
    • The game crashes when you try to load a campaign, but are you sure the game crashes when you start a custom game? That definitely shouldn't happen. If so, which units are you trying to load?
    • Did you delete the map.RWM file again and run the Cleaner.BAT?
    • Are you sure its a clean installation, without other submods?
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; October 04, 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dIRECT0R View Post
    Hmm. A couple questions:
    • The game crashes when you try to load a campaign, but are you sure the game crashes when you start a custom game? That definitely shouldn't happen. If so, which units are you trying to load?
    dIRECT0R
    Why not have Mithlond Nobles sword?
    I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TanZHao View Post
    dIRECT0R
    Why not have Mithlond Nobles sword?
    I like that.
    I don't quite understand? I did not change the Mithlond Nobles in this edition as the TATW 3 version is copyright.

I don't quite understand? I did not change the Mithlond Nobles in this edition as the TATW 3 version is copyright.
    I mean his color.
    The appearance is beautiful silver.
    Looks very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TanZHao View Post
    I mean his color.
    The appearance is beautiful silver.
    Looks very cool.
    Oh you mean the High-Elven elites. It should look beautiful - its mithril . Superior, imo, to the bronze-like vanilla variety.

Oh you mean the High-Elven elites. It should look beautiful - its mithril . Superior, imo, to the bronze-like vanilla variety.
    Yse,yse.
    Just like your previous versions.
    I very like that.
    But why this version does not have it?
    Can you add it for us ?
    No upgrade armor look.
    Then if possible to upgrade armor.
    Two kinds of appearance.
    If you think the original complex so as long as you can.
    Last edited by TanZHao; October 04, 2012 at 07:09 PM.

Does this work with CRS submod by Trailhog250?

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalD View Post
    Does this work with CRS submod by Trailhog250?
    Probably not

Hey dIRECTOR, thanks for this submod. I'm really enjoying this compilation so far, it includes many of my favorite changes.

I wonder if it would be too much to ask if you can implement ralfsolo's music mod in your submod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ighlight=music

I've tried to do this myself, but it sadly doesn't work. I'm following all of the instructions but every time I start the game either the music or the sounds aren't there.

Ive managed to download the submod and followed the instructions but when starting a new campaign it takes me back to the single player menu..
    Last edited by Coldfire88; October 07, 2012 at 10:12 AM.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Hmm. A couple questions:
    Yes, it is a clean 3.2+MOS 1.3 + Mike's Expanded Map and nothing else.
    It crashes when I start a campaign,yes, and also in custom battles. The units where the Quendi Bows and Quendi Swords... And yes,I've deleted map.rwm and runed the cleanet.bat.

Got any advice what might have gone wrong?

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

What do you mean? Obviously you can declare war on any faction you like..
    I play Silvans. I don't want to battle against dwarves or eriador, my goal is mordor.
    In MOS, high elves can attack eriador (my example above). In RC+RR it couldn't be as its Lore edition was made the normal one.
    "its how I believe TATW should be played", so I hope we believe the same.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Kindjal83's Avatar Tiro

Hey,man, I've unistalled M2TW and reinstall M2TW+TATW + MOS + Expanded Map and you Director's Cut and it worked. But the only version that worked was your "old" version, the one with the Boromir armor script. The new one, when you select a campaing, it returns to the menu. And there is also that issue with the Noldor units in custom battle, more specifically the Quendi Bows and Quendi Swords. It crashes when the loading to the battle ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindjal83 View Post
    Hey,man, I've unistalled M2TW and reinstall M2TW+TATW + MOS + Expanded Map and you Director's Cut and it worked. But the only version that worked was your "old" version, the one with the Boromir armor script. The new one, when you select a campaing, it returns to the menu. And there is also that issue with the Noldor units in custom battle, more specifically the Quendi Bows and Quendi Swords. It crashes when the loading to the battle ends.
    For the campaign, again try deleting the map.rwm and running Cleaner.bat (if you had not). If it doesn't work: I'm currently preparing a new release, will upload soon. It will feature new Gondor Militia, Militia Archers, and Militia Cavalry. Hopefully whatever I messed up in the latest edition (and it could be a dozen things) will be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExpendable View Post
    Hey dIRECTOR, thanks for this submod. I'm really enjoying this compilation so far, it includes many of my favorite changes.

I wonder if it would be too much to ask if you can implement ralfsolo's music mod in your submod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ighlight=music

I've tried to do this myself, but it sadly doesn't work. I'm following all of the instructions but every time I start the game either the music or the sounds aren't there.
    Sorry, not my area of modding

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire88 View Post
    Ive managed to download the submod and followed the instructions but when starting a new campaign it takes me back to the single player menu..
    Try again when the new version is uploaded. Am working on it now.
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; October 08, 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

I like the units you posted in the MOS thread! Awesome armor upgrades! More units should have that...

Quote Originally Posted by Ovarion View Post
    I like the units you posted in the MOS thread! Awesome armor upgrades! More units should have that...
    Uploading as we speak, including a fix for the Quendi. Once its uploaded, I recommend playing the version for MOS with the expanded map (the second version). I've tested that one and it should work fine; the other one I'm not as certain.
    • When installing DC remember to use a clean version: no other modifications (besides MOS and Exp Map of course)
    • And, once you've installed DC, remember to delete the map.RWM file and run the Cleaner.BAT file (as explained in the instructions)

The screens of the new militia units are below. Again: please report any problems, and I'll fix them asap.
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; October 08, 2012 at 03:15 PM.

Sorry, not my area of modding
    Too bad for me, but thanks for your response.

I'll try asking it somewhere else.

Default Re: Director's Cut 1.1 for MOS 1.3

1.1 is now uploaded for MOS 1.3+Expanded Map. Let me know if there are any problems.