Page 11 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: dIRECTOR's Cut for MOS 1.6.2

Tar-Elendil's Avatar Miles

Default Re: dIRECTOR's cUT 1.41 for MOS 1.41

I downloaded from the Gamefront link yesterday. Is that one not the most recent?

So for the rider of Lossarnoch, it seems to be that the riders are missing. The horses are there, riderless, however the officers are intact (Since you didn't edit them I am sure it's an erroneous entry in the DB.txt).

I think I zoomed in on the Dol Amroth units, but I've ported Taro's units into my own vanilla TATW and when zoomed in they were fine. I will try to get screens (however, this is irrelevant if I don't have the latest version).

Okay, so I will download from the speedy link this time, not gamefront. Will let you know if the DB fixes it.

Okay, so I downloaded from the Speedyshare link, and copied in the DB and it's exactly the same. Both files on Gamefront and Speedyshare are exactly the same. Maybe the download links aren't updated?
    Last edited by Tar-Elendil; November 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tar-Elendil View Post
    I downloaded from the Gamefront link yesterday. Is that one not the most recent?

So for the rider of Lossarnoch, it seems to be that the riders are missing. The horses are there, riderless, however the officers are intact (Since you didn't edit them I am sure it's an erroneous entry in the DB.txt).

I think I zoomed in on the Dol Amroth units, but I've ported Taro's units into my own vanilla TATW and when zoomed in they were fine. I will try to get screens (however, this is irrelevant if I don't have the latest version).

Okay, so I will download from the speedy link this time, not gamefront. Will let you know if the DB fixes it.

Okay, so I downloaded from the Speedyshare link, and copied in the DB and it's exactly the same. Both files on Gamefront and Speedyshare are exactly the same. Maybe the download links aren't updated?
    I'll make 100% sure the units in question are properly included in the next version (they work just fine with me). I assume you have a clean install?

Hey,

just wanted to say that I can reproduce Tar-Elendils bugs, so It's probably not related to the install (probably).

The riders are indeed riderless and the Sword Quendi have all their armour and weapons blacked out (black and silver) - this includes sheath, helmet, sword and shield.
    I tried to recreate the Dol Amroth bug, but couldn't really find anything, except maybe that when Dol Amroth Archers are lying dead, the underside (underneath their armour skirt - not sure actually part of the hauberk) just shows black, and does look indeed kinda strange - but I'm not sure if this is a DC error - could be on normal MOS too; will have to check.

Got it, thanks fellas. Will do my best to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by dIRECT0R View Post
    I'll make 100% sure the units in question are properly included in the next version (they work just fine with me). I assume you have a clean install?
    Yep, I have as clean an install as can be. Vanilla 3.2 TATW + 1.41 MOS + EMM 1.41 + Ancillaries. I did everything right. I am sorry to say that it's on your end, and I'm sure it's just that the download links are not updated as to what you have currently.

I am enjoying the little facets of the mod though, particularly the large Gondor unit roster and the silver on sable theme.

Yep, I have as clean an install as can be. Vanilla 3.2 TATW + 1.41 MOS + EMM 1.41 + Ancillaries. I did everything right. I am sorry to say that it's on your end, and I'm sure it's just that the download links are not updated as to what you have currently.

I am enjoying the little facets of the mod though, particularly the large Gondor unit roster and the silver on sable theme.
    I can't take credit for the unit roster: I didn't actually add any units . For that, you have the good folks at MOS to thank (and of course Taro, for creating them).

I'm working on the new version as we speak - might be done today.

EDIT: In the meantime, here's a link with my current battle_models file - battle_models. Simply overwrite (its in Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\unit_models) and see if it fixes the problems. It would help me quite a bit with troubleshooting if I knew for certain whether that troublesome file is to blame.

UPDATE: I have the same problem with the Lossarnach Riders, and I can't figure out what's the cause (the others are all fine). All the weirder for my never having edited any Lossarnach units. Its probably still me somehow, but I wonder if its a problem with MOS 1.41?
    (EDIT:No its not, I just fixed it )
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; November 23, 2012 at 04:27 PM.

Okay I downloaded the new DB and it's exactly the same as the ones I've downloaded. This tells us that the problems are not arising from erroneous entries, but rather from missing texture files in the corresponding "attachment" folders and etc. Here's what I found, the Gondor militia up until the 3rd upgrade are fine. The same with Archer Militia--they are fine until upgrade 3. Lossarnoch base are fine; however upg 2-3 are missing riders. Sword Quendi is missing textures on both base and 1st upg.

So this can mean several things. Check your Gondor Militia upg 3, Archer Militia upg 3, Lossarnoch upg 2 and upg 3, sword quendi and sword quendi upg 1 in your battlemodels_db.txt. Make sure the corresponding paths lead to the correct attachments and textures. If all is correct on your end, then cross reference that with the uploads you have made and you should find that the attachments or textures you have on your personal mod are not located in files uploaded or that the paths are incorrect.

Also try running the DB checker, it's a really helpful tool. Mine crashed on me when I ran it on your DB which means there are a ton of problems. I understand it is a very tricky and troublesome file, so catching the mistakes can take a lot of time. Good luck, let me know if you need more help.

(EDIT: I figured out the problem. It is your DB file. There are no entries for the those malfunctioning upgrades. The Gondor Militia in the DB is known as "Dismounted kofm" however, there is only a up1 entry. There are no further entries, therefore that is why they are invisible. You need to make the entries for the subsequent upgrades--I am sure it is the same for Archer Militia and Lossarnoch riders--they are all just missing the entries the Db. If you add them they should work now.)

Edit 2: There is no entry in the BMDB for the "Riders_of_Lossarnoch". However, I am stumped by the Sword Quendi problem. I looked through the paths and followed them to their folders and all the texture files are present and in the correct folders. I can only assume it is a file error--one of the texture was not made correctly or saved in the wrong format. I am not a modeler so I have no knowledge in that area. But it's my best guess. Don't forget to add 1 to the count at the top for each entry--I know you know this, but whenever I was in the zone of cranking out db entries I would sometimes forget something so simple, so I just though a friendly reminder could help.
    Last edited by Tar-Elendil; November 23, 2012 at 04:59 PM.

So far as I can tell: I've fixed all the problems. The Quendi entry in battle_models simply doesn't point to the right attachment texture (I forgot to update their entry for 1.41 , there's so many of these tiny changes). The Riders of Lossarnach were missing - because they're the last units listed in battle_models, and the figure denoting the number of entries in battle_models (the one right at the top of the file) was a few numbers short, so they just didn't register.

Both those things should definitely work with the new version. As for the Gondor Militia and the Gondor Militia Archers, I can't find out what the problems are since I'm not experiencing them - but I think they should be fine once I carefully include all my current files.

Thanks a lot for your help

So glad to hear you found all those solutions!

Did you check the db for the "dismounted_kofm" (Gondor Militia), they don't have their upgraded entries. That's why when you add upgrades they become invisible. Any ETA for the next patch?

So glad to hear you found all those solutions!

Did you check the db for the "dismounted_kofm" (Gondor Militia), they don't have their upgraded entries. That's why when you add upgrades they become invisible. Any ETA for the next patch?
    I know all about the dismounted_kofm, I just can't fathom how they happened to be missing in the release.. especially in the battle_models file I sent you just now. You're 100% certain that there's no entry for "dismounted_kofm_ug1" in the file I just posted right above? If not, some pretty twisted black magic's at work here They're in the new release all right.

The files just finished compressing, and I'm starting the upload right now. Its 1:30 AM over here, however, so I'll probably post the link first thing tomorrow (that's in about seven or eight hours from now). That's if I fall asleep, if not, It'll be up in an hour

EDIT: The new version is up. It includes lore-accurate Gondor plaza flags and myriad fixes and tweaks. Unfortunately, due to the necessity of fixing a number of bugs, its probably not save-compatible.
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; November 24, 2012 at 03:31 AM.

Someone's been burning the midnight oil.

I'm downloading currently. Will let you know asap.

EDIT

Great job! You fixed all of the known bugs so far. I am very impressed. I wish I could give you 10,000 rep +

I will start a high elves campaign and let you know how it goes eventually.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Tar-Elendil; November 24, 2012 at 06:28 AM.

Hey Director

I just downloaded (or am in the process of rather) the newest version of DC. Since I've been doing alot of manual merging of other mods into my personal 'super' MOS compilation I was wondering if you could send me a list of which files you changed, so that I can then winmerge them and not sort through 600mb of files. I'm assuming, after looking at the conversation with Tar-Elendil that it's mainly the DB file and some texture folders. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Someone's been burning the midnight oil.

I'm downloading currently. Will let you know asap.

EDIT

Great job! You fixed all of the known bugs so far. I am very impressed. I wish I could give you 10,000 rep +

I will start a high elves campaign and let you know how it goes eventually.

Thank you!
    Phew, glad to gear it. Am looking forward to your feedback. Thanks for the help, have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Túramdir View Post
    Hey Director

I just downloaded (or am in the process of rather) the newest version of DC. Since I've been doing alot of manual merging of other mods into my personal 'super' MOS compilation I was wondering if you could send me a list of which files you changed, so that I can then winmerge them and not sort through 600mb of files. I'm assuming, after looking at the conversation with Tar-Elendil that it's mainly the DB file and some texture folders. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
    Well, I'm afraid you've got your work cut-out for you . Practically every single file that you can download as part of this submod has been modified in some way, at least it should be. Exceptions, if there are any, ought to be few and far-between. There might be a few files that remained the same in the "data/world" folder, which I pretty much copied wholesale. The rest I think all carry modifications.
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; November 24, 2012 at 07:34 AM.

hmmm

My download crashes after 326 Mb downloaded, even after the third try. Any ideas or similar experiences?

hmmm

My download crashes after 326 Mb downloaded, even after the third try. Any ideas or similar experiences?
    More links will be posted by tomorrow.

EDIT: A GameFront link has been posted.
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; November 25, 2012 at 04:29 AM.

Hmmm..
    Again it doesn't work completely strange. It shows me that I have to download 500ish MB and then abrubtly ends after 326.80Mb, also the Gamefront link. It can't have anything to my computer or internet connection, since I just downloaded MOS 1.3 (which is also around 500mb) and I get all the way through. Upon opening the .rar file for DC, I get an error message.

Any idea what this could be? Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Can you double check if you packaged it correctly, Director?

Hmmm..
    Again it doesn't work completely strange. It shows me that I have to download 500ish MB and then abrubtly ends after 326.80Mb, also the Gamefront link. It can't have anything to my computer or internet connection, since I just downloaded MOS 1.3 (which is also around 500mb) and I get all the way through. Upon opening the .rar file for DC, I get an error message.

Any idea what this could be? Is anyone else experiencing these problems? Can you double check if you packaged it correctly, Director?
    I agree, very strange. The GameFront link is the same folder, packaged again, separately. I can't imagine what the problem could be..? If both your downloads stop at 326 MB, it likely has something to do with the upload. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Ok, I managed to download it now after the (5th) try. Indeed most curious, but it works now and I get to set myself the awesome task of merging my work into it .

Thanks for looking into it though, +rep when I'm allowed

Hey, i just wanted to say that i did every instruction to the letter, and every time i try to start a new campaign, the game just sents me to the starting screen of the game, and in custon battles it crushes.. can you help me and tell me what am i doing wrong??

Ok, I managed to download it now after the (5th) try. Indeed most curious, but it works now and I get to set myself the awesome task of merging my work into it .

Thanks for looking into it though, +rep when I'm allowed
    Good luck. I also started modding basically for myself, then I figured "what the hey, why not post it?" Maybe at some point you too'll feel like sharing some of your work

Quote Originally Posted by Nightdale View Post
    Hey, i just wanted to say that i did every instruction to the letter, and every time i try to start a new campaign, the game just sents me to the starting screen of the game, and in custon battles it crushes.. can you help me and tell me what am i doing wrong??
    Ok, first the usual stuff: 1) Are you sure you're using a clean installation? 2) Did you delete the map.RWM file? 3) Did you run the Cleaner.bat?
    Last edited by dIRECT0R; November 25, 2012 at 02:17 PM.