Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer (Looking for unit balancers and experienced scripters!)

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: Divide and Conquer (Looking for writers and experienced scripters!)

Luckily even I have more ideas than you have

Hey I've been playing TATW mods for a long time and decided its time to help out. I would be happy to help with writing just let me know what to do. Im a native english speaker and well versed with tolkien lore of all types.

The Mod looks amazing so far the units are incredible cant wait to play it.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Great, thanks for the offer.

A pm will be sent with some info.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman75 View Post
    Nice previews, the units look excellent. I like especially the dol amroth ones. The only thing that looks a bit strange to me, is that for my taste to many units (I think these are Squeeks work) are "faceless", they have hidden their faces behind something. I prefer to "see" the faces of the units, but its just a matter of taste, otherwise great work and glad to see that DaC moves on.
    Indeed, Squeaky's obsession with masks is something that was frequently commented on within the team. Ultimately though, we left things alone as she was, by far, the best modeler on the team and you can't really complain too much about someone doing stuff for free.

And I have to say that I enjoyed making picture of Squeaks units, sometimes didn`t know which angle to take first
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Kiliç Alì's Avatar Domesticus
    Artifex

Some masks are fine but way too much... But yeah, the models are so amazing that this kinda pass away.
    The only one with little sense IMHO is the one with the Dol Amroth sigil on the mask, can't you re-texture it removing the sigil?
    If Squeaks does not complain o.c.

Member of the Imperial House of Hader, proud client of The only and sole Ferrit

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

good orthanc really is the ebst fction, cause they wil most likely have many mercs, especiellay from the lorien, rivendell elves and gondor

Vaskill's Avatar Civis

Question, how's Dunland? Are the units mainly from Vanilla or still work in progress? I really jut wish to tear through everyone as them
    "The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself" - Richard Burton

I don't like the mustaches on the troops...weren't the men of Dol Amroth of mostly pure Numenorean blood?

Quote Originally Posted by Ecthelion II View Post
    I don't like the mustaches on the troops...weren't the men of Dol Amroth of mostly pure Numenorean blood?
    THat is quite impossible, but they were among the most pureblooded of them. there is no reason for them to not have moustaches, see aragorn, he has a real big beard

Men of dol Amroth were part numenorian, and some were part elf.

Excellent previews , very distinct from eachother and very creative ! I love the designs for every unit , it is so impressive to see this stuff and all the hard work made by DaC team , it's truely incredible ! I'm eager to see more factions previews !

Could I provide some units descriptions if you need so ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vaskill View Post
    Question, how's Dunland? Are the units mainly from Vanilla or still work in progress? I really jut wish to tear through everyone as them
    Frome is invluding in this mod, so most of the dunland unit are Frome one's.

Great work guys, nice to see things are moving along again.

Also nice to see you went with my idea for for the Khazad-dum faction.

Keep up the impressive work.

Vaskill's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir Tur-Anion View Post
    Frome is invluding in this mod, so most of the dunland unit are Frome one's.
    Yes! This will be epic.
    "The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself" - Richard Burton

francis86's Avatar Decanus

Can't wait for an umbar preview, I'm gonna revive the old black numenorean forteress to show harad who is the real ruler

Yeaaaaaaah ! Good Saruman ! I love it !
    Sorry for my bad English ; I'm Belgian.

Hey EoH! I've been eagerly anticipating this mod for about a year and I'm very happy to see that you are keeping it alive! I'm not sure if you are still taking any ideas but I have a unit idea for Rohan that I thought might be good. I figured since the Helmingas are the main police force for Rohan during times of peace it would make sense that there would be a mounted version as well. It takes forever to get Riders of the Fold and I thought that by implementing Mounted Helmingas there would be a good heavy horse archer unit beside the Rohan Horsearchers that could actually be used for most of the game.

Those are some very nice previews gentlemen, very good work, I look forward to seeing this mod come to life.

is the jihad feature still planned as a good crusade? cause if it is not i would suggest giving it to the dwarves, in the appendix it tells the tale of Thror who gathers dwarves from all over the world to come and help kill azog, this shows that the dwarves were cooperating, in a tw game this would be represented by a jihad, and would be really awesome, especially as an aid to the khasad dum dwarves, as they mght not get that much anyways