Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer (Looking for unit balancers and experienced scripters!)

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: Divide and Conquer (Looking for writers and experienced scripters!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ovarion View Post
    So the older previews are still relevant to this submod?
    Partly

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Nice descripiton Gandalf!

Khazad-Dum units are very nice too!
    Maybe you could also use FRoME's Khazad-Dum reclaimers?

I was thinking the same. They are in game already for the Blue Mountain dwarves but I will add them for Moria. Thanks for the tip

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Thanks Glorious Gandalf and EoH for the replies!

Thats a very interesting starting position...

I've looked through all the old threads and there are some really nice units!
    I'm only not that big of a fan of the Guards of the Moon Tower units(same as in AOR for FrogS I believe), they don't look human...
    The other Dunadain units look really good!

I wish you good luck with this mod! And if there is anything I can do to help you with I'll be more than happy to do so

Can you write? Descriptions for example?

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

English is not my native language but I understand it rather well! So I can write I think..

I would love to try and if you don't like it just don't use it haha, no hard feelings
    Last edited by Eönwë; October 28, 2012 at 01:26 PM.

Will you redo the Easterlings more like the lore ?
    Have you made some changes on Angmar ?

And above all : really nice worl

No and I don't see how that can be done

No because we don't have the time but perhaps for a future version

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of Hell View Post
    Thanks makrell. Any change I can convince you to help with the writing again?
    Run while you still can, Mak. He has ways of "convincing" you.

Unless, of course, you want to come back. We'd love to have you.

Yep, this convinced me to make another faction preview pictures
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Thanks makrell. Any change I can convince you to help with the writing again?

Let me surprise you... None . As the campaign starts in 2980 TA Moria hasn't been conquered yet. Balin starts with his Dwarven army near Erebor and still has to make the dangerous journey to the gates of Moria...
    i might come back actually, but this is exam season so nothing before december atleast.

and khazad dum is quite interesting hopefully the AI will go straight for moria and not be hindered to much along the way. but i guess there will be scripts for that

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    i might come back actually, but this is exam season so nothing before december atleast.

and khazad dum is quite interesting hopefully the AI will go straight for moria and not be hindered to much along the way. but i guess there will be scripts for that
    Send me a message when the exam season is over. If you don't.. I will find you

Yes, the AI attack will be fully scripted.

A Dol Amroth preview has been added to the OP (thanks to elvenkind for the pics btw, he made all preview pics with the fancy text) if you haven't noticed yet

I love you EoH, you keep previewing the factions I write descriptions for

Dol Amroth looks just epic =) Keep up the good work guys!
    And I have a question... In an older thread of the mod, Baron talked about a feature in Isengard in which you had the opportunity to choose whether who play as a bad or a good faction. will this be included? Sorry for my english I am not a native speaker

I presume so, but I'm not sure.

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

Nice previews, the units look excellent. I like especially the dol amroth ones. The only thing that looks a bit strange to me, is that for my taste to many units (I think these are Squeeks work) are "faceless", they have hidden their faces behind something. I prefer to "see" the faces of the units, but its just a matter of taste, otherwise great work and glad to see that DaC moves on.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Squeaks loves masks

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn Ellesar View Post
    Dol Amroth looks just epic =) Keep up the good work guys!
    And I have a question... In an older thread of the mod, Baron talked about a feature in Isengard in which you had the opportunity to choose whether who play as a bad or a good faction. will this be included? Sorry for my english I am not a native speaker
    The choice is planned but we (me ) have some problems on how to put it in game exactly and we also need to decide the unit roster. So it has been postponed to after the first release.

Yeah, the units would be hard, although I imagine they would be rather in tune with nature, as Saruman was. Perhaps a range of units like:

guards of orthanc (less crudely armoured than the evil ones)
    Guardians of the White Council (Human or elven infantry, could have mounted and dismounted variations)
    defenders of the Palantir (archers?)

That's all I got