Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer (Looking for unit balancers and experienced scripters!)

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Default Re: Divide and Conquer (Looking for writers and experienced scripters!)

I've seen a lot of rebelling in these testing campaigns. When we go officially to beta testing I will see if its a serious problem and fix it.

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Btw are all those conquerings of factions scripted or the AI is so agressive?

No scripted attacks (yet)

Added a Lindon preview in the second post

Amazing!

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Pretty neat units
    I hoped it would be more based on missle units like skirmishers and horse archers, though.

Lorien and Mirkwood are more archer based. Rivendell is pretty alround and Lindon has strong infantry. The rosters might be changed in future releases though but first I want to get the first release out as soon as possible.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

The Swordmasters and that bodyguard unit really look awesome!!! Awesome job! The other units too offcourse

Just curious: How hard is it to 'create' a glaive fighting animation?

And Lindon was a Noldorin Kingdom under Gil-Galad right? And Cirdan was of the Falathrim(Teleri)?
    So why are there Teleri units? Falathrim sounds better IMO

Not to be negative about your work just asking! (It's more realistic that I am wrong here)
    Last edited by Eönwë; October 21, 2012 at 04:40 PM.

The Swordmasters and that bodyguard unit really look awesome!!! Awesome job! The other units too offcourse
    Squeaks' work.. Give her some rep

Just curious: How hard is it to 'create' a glaive fighting animation?
    Creating new animations is quite a lot of work and there are few who can. There are already animations in M2TW which can be used for a glaive so not really necessary.

And Lindon was a Noldorin Kingdom under Gil-Galad right? And Cirdan was of the Falathrim(Teleri)?
    So why are there Teleri units? Falathrim sounds better IMO
    I wasn't around when these units were created so I don't know why they were called like this. I've done some research though and Falathrim makes more sense. Thanks for the tip, I will rename them.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Yeaahh! Glad to be of any (little) help!

How do I rep Squeak? Can't find a single post...hehe, repped you also offcourse

Ah okay, so making a animation just for the awesome counterattack/charge the Elves of The Last Alliance used in the first movie would be way too much work?

Question about the older threads...in one of them there are some Dunadain units, made for the Reunited Kingdom I think! The Minas Ithil units it shows are the same as in AOR for FrogS I believe and don't look really human hehe, don't know if these older threads are still correct?

If yall still need help with writin and stuff, I wouldnt mind helpin. Im a bit of a LoTR nerd myself, and I love writing. So gimme a shout!

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

The Falathrim were a branch of Teleri in Beleriand during the First Age. Cirdan was their leader, but when their cities got destroyed they fled to some island. In the Second Age they fled to Lindon, where Cirdan was some sort of lord, even if Gil-Galad was the High King (technically not over the Teleri, as he was a Noldo)

Teleri really fits better, cos Falas is, well destroyed and under water
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Agreed but Cirdan was still 'Lord' of the Falathrim...so if Cirdan is faction leader it should be Falathrim, right?

And if Gil-Galad is faction leader than it should be a Noldorin Kingdom and Teleri would make sense cause they were the majority of the population...but still the Falathrim were a part of the Teleri that lived in Lindon under Cirdan, so it makes more sense to name them Falathrim than Teleri.. as more Elves are Teleri that weren't living Lindon

Anyway, I'm no expert but it does sounds better haha

I wish I could become an active team member again, but I'm doing alot of RL things atm. I would love to make trailers, but I just don't have the time, if things clear up for me, I would love to get active again. Also I think i had some orc units for mordor that I showed in the old thread that i never gave to you guys. Would you like them?

Great previews , both of them are really originals and true to the lore ! I love all the designs , they perfectly fit the descriptions Tolkien gave or foresaw . I love the DG Goblins , because they look more unified and less savage than the Moria ones , and the Lindon Teleri make sense , they are not a copy paste of Imladris , and their colors are true to their faction and their history .

beos777's Avatar Semisalis

great work guys...we are very happy to see this mod that it is still active...keep up the good work fellas

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Damn... those picas make me really impatient to play this submod. You guys don't happen to need any more beta-testers, do you?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Ovarion View Post
    How do I rep Squeak? Can't find a single post...hehe, repped you also offcourse
    Can't find a post by Squeaks? She's made plenty of posts and units here at the Dragonborn Total War Forum. She hasn't shown the best units yet, they are still in the dev forum.

Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    I wish I could become an active team member again, but I'm doing alot of RL things atm. I would love to make trailers, but I just don't have the time, if things clear up for me, I would love to get active again. Also I think i had some orc units for mordor that I showed in the old thread that i never gave to you guys. Would you like them?
    I'd say go ahead and send them to EoH, worst case he doesn't use them. Best case, they get in the mod as originally planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bregil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by warman222 View Post
    I'd say go ahead and send them to EoH, worst case he doesn't use them. Best case, they get in the mod as originally planned.
    Yeah, sure send them over if they're finished.