Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod 8.x FeedBack

Default Re: DarthMod 8.0 FeedBack

Hi Darth,
    No, not too much loss till now, I will come back to you after the Weekend (could not play since I´m on a business trip).
    Well, playing as Carthage I really had headstart into the early game, right? Everything went quite good so far, Hanno (aka The Fossil) lived 75 years long and won important (night)battles on Sicily aginst the Scipii and the Greeks. He also won a legion´s eagle which is now located at Agrigentum. I guess the future will be hard ´cause now, the first of my allies--Numidia--tries to backstab me. I´m relatively good prepared to protect my empire (wich is not too big by now) at all times from all sides, but expect pesent day allies to become future enemies (like in real history), or am I wrong? After reading a lot of the posts in this threat, I´m really exited for the time when one of my armies will meet an equally strong enemy army (wich I´m trying to avoid of course).
    Bye

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Your dark servant awaits your mind-reading answers to my previous suggestions Dark Lord
    Especially I'm eager to see if someone could fix those grain imports for imperial campaign and add loyalty for all factions' family members in DM RTW (shadowed by slave faction and not loosing loyalty so quickly as in BI after won battles)
    Give yourself to the dark force my pretties
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

I decided tp try this mod to see what RG might be like when complete. :wink:

I tried H/H as Eastern Romans and find it difficult but enjoyable. So thank you to the makers and testers for making this mod possible.

Andrew

@duke
    regarding your ideas above
    - grain: look the other thread
    - loyalty: roman shadowed by slaves is total buggy in rome 1.5
    it's possible to shadow a roman family by another, so you have to skip the 3 Families system
    you need a script running
    XGM, TFT, RTRPE minimods have loyalty working but you still get still Ctd's, Lt is working on something
    complicated traits/ancillary systems are a source of errors (with no errormessages)
    - for automerge, scripted victory conditions you need a script running
    - new conquered settlements: the player can destroy settlements, the AI not, so you need a script to do that
    - the roman maniples in the back line can now easily march forward in the gaps between the frontline maniples

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

My civil war just erupted and i wasnt happy....

the scipii had all their legions in Africa kikin carthages arse while brutii only have apollonia and have all 7 legion staks in italy, they never expanded ever! and seriously whmpoed me i lost Arretium 12 times lmao....

I wish the ai expanded bbut your mod kicks arse so i dont deserve to whine//, though when i played bi it ctd'd alot luv the skins, on bi, just hates the ctds..

no mattar your mod rules

Citizen

Additional ideas:
    1) What about making only plain dirt roads in desert areas and not paved ones (kinda unrealistic in desert sand )
    2) command sounds for new units on the battlefield using sounds from other units (if it's not a messy job )
    3) minor issue: 'faction destroyed' movies dont show up and play. I only see text
    4) gauls have level 4 and level 5 temple of epona (horse temple) lol :tooth:
    Cheers
    Last edited by Grand Duke Vytautas; July 28, 2006 at 10:06 AM.

Lord Cunami's Avatar Tiro

Ok ppl I'm playing macedonians on h/vh. I made moded some files to get rid of grain imports and I made minor changes to macedonian temples.
    So my problem is ....

I JUST CANT WIN. Within 5 yrs I'm in war vs Greeks, Dacians, Thrace and Romans from the beginning plus those pesky slaves. I have restarted the campaign(imperial) for the fifth time.
    Maybe its just me because I have not played rome for a while.

I dont know what you did Vader but you are making me addicted again to this game. Who cares about the medieval II, This is the challenge I want to overcome.

Oh btw anyone has any strategies or suggestions with Macedonians.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cunami
    Ok ppl I'm playing macedonians on h/vh. I made moded some files to get rid of grain imports and I made minor changes to macedonian temples.
    So my problem is ....

I JUST CANT WIN. Within 5 yrs I'm in war vs Greeks, Dacians, Thrace and Romans from the beginning plus those pesky slaves. I have restarted the campaign(imperial) for the fifth time.
    Maybe its just me because I have not played rome for a while.

I dont know what you did Vader but you are making me addicted again to this game. Who cares about the medieval II, This is the challenge I want to overcome.

Oh btw anyone has any strategies or suggestions with Macedonians.
    Lol glad you're having such a challenge . I haven't played Macedonians (battled as greek cities and seleucid from greek culture in earlier versions of DM; now struggling as Gauls :tooth: ) in DM, but I can tell you the're probably one of the hardest factions to play as. In many games AI controlled Macedonians get eliminated quite early in campaign. Just try to be friends with greeks at all costs in the beginning (keep huge enough border army to prevent them backstabing you); generally try to fight 1 enemy (romans) in the beginning while you build up your infrastructure and train as many units as you can. Use spies and watchtowers a lot to react to enemy armies. Hope these little tips will help. Imo Macedonia and Numidia are the toughest factions in DM RTW. Good luck and Zeus be with you! :original:

P.S. Man, DM RTW gives a fresh new life to RTW, I don't wanna go to crappy MTW graphics; RTW AI is now superb - I have plenty of time waiting for MTW2 and battling in DM :wink:
    Last edited by Grand Duke Vytautas; July 28, 2006 at 01:44 PM.

I am ASTOUNDED by the Romans! Wow! I am also more amazed than I have ever been by missile support. I am very pleased with barbarian AI behavior in general, especially the leading with spearmen. I wish you had done the same for Thrace, because their falxmen still stand in front waiting to suck pila, but they still whup the life out of Rome (although not quite as bad). Equally miraculous is the way the AI uses the general -- almost sensibly. Even better than before, and I was impressed then.

I am very sorry to see that AI lancers are still impotent. I just can't bear to play BI when I have such an advantage. Is there no way to make cavalry attack from further away? When I am holding my ground, the enemy cavalry forms up less than ten meters away from my flank, and more often than not brushes against my army and loses all chance of doing a real charge. Granted, they are very good at pushing me around, but those charge bonuses 40-50-60 are practically never getting used by the AI. This is especially problematic for "lighter" factions such as the Berbers, who can do absolutely nothing against the Romans except fire arrows at them (and shove them around, but not kill them). Proper use of lancers by the player makes it easy to win when greatly outnumbered, especially when the AI's lancers are just getting in the way, breaking up his formations.

If there is no way to make the AI behave well, maybe you should just restructure the stats and remove charge bonuses (although infantry seems to charge fairly reliably). Maybe give lancers high attack and low defense.

@Vanquisher: How is your VH/VH going?

@The Bogeyman:
    In fact if AI army is outnumbering you 200-300 men...you think about it....it utilizes them all!

@Grand Duke Vytautas:
    My dark follower. I always keep your comments to a special file to check things as you say. Evrything is taken into consideration. It is just too early to re-work things and a patch of 8.1 will contain many things as I see there is a general mobilization (I eagerly wait to see marvius Darth Vader's theme...)

@Lord Cunami:
    I used my dark forces what else .
    I am very glad I managed to refresh your will to play this wonderful game.

@Eird-Way:
    I left falxmen in front bcs this formation is generalized to be used with many different composures of armies. In this form it is the most effective.
    In fact the falxmen are distorting human formation and the spearmen come to join and push.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

is it ok if i delete the darth mod BI folder since i dont use BI??

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

yes... me too i dont use them so deleted them... i have bi cd but i dont install it because... i dont want the fall of the roman empire...

[QUOTE=DARTH VADER@Tim:
    Indeed...the VH/VH is very difficult in DarthMod.
    Another setting would be M/VH battles so that in campaign AI is less aggressive against human player and the armies you oppose are more difficult but not that many.

His early legionary cohorts were no match for spearmen only. You should have some good sword carthaginians with you as well.
    Although I cannot see the battle as you describe but want you to say that in DarthMod, if romans succeed to build many cohorts and quality army ...you are in deep problem. You need then numerical advantage.It is very good to know that...also Egypt joined the fight for Sicely![/QUOTE]

Doh! Sorry if I wasn't clear on Egypt. They never went to Sicily...thank Baal. They were attacking me in North Africa.

I've been playing with the Seleucid faction (I always thought it was spelt Selucid :hmmm: ) and been using Armoured Elephants alot. However, although the descripton of them states that they can run amok, they've yet too run amok in any of my custom battles; they flee but don't run amok.

DARTH VADER, How about taking away from Gauls Mediolanum and Patavium, cause they start of to big, I gave those cities to Jully , and now its harder to play Gauls. Its kind of make sence that Romans control whole Italian peninsula, before they start expand... IMHO...
    Alea jacta est.
    Disce, sed а doctis, indoctos ipse doceto.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergius Lucius
    DARTH VADER, How about taking away from Gauls Mediolanum and Patavium, cause they start of to big, I gave those cities to Jully , and now its harder to play Gauls. Its kind of make sence that Romans control whole Italian peninsula, before they start expand... IMHO...
    This would make the julii campaign WAY too easy.

seven, what about making those rebel city, with a lot of warbands and sworsmen there, but not under control of Gauls...
    Alea jacta est.
    Disce, sed а doctis, indoctos ipse doceto.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

Hail Darth,
    A couple of questions:I have started a new imperial campaign jullie H/H Huge setting unlimited men on battlefield have taken segestia,massilla .my problem is the romans are very slow in throwing their pilas get caught every time in mid throw by the gaul charge also when they attack they maybe throw once most of my men seem to end the battle with half their ammo left ,any way of speeding up the throw rate.The other question is the formation button on the control panel seems to be reversed when you press close ranks they open and open ranks they close anyway of fixing this.
    Still I am having a great time with your mod the best yet.

@flip2121
    Yes it would be fine. Erase it (BI.exe + Folders)

@Tim:
    Ah what a pitty...It would be good to have a pre-actium battle.

@Nuggie:

No in DarthMod, Elephants do not run ammok. It is a good aspect but wrongly implemented to CA engine since this makes war elephants a single unleash weapon that lasts a few moments in battle.
    Now they last longer, can cause havoc to friendly ranks with their mass if they rout but you can still have them or survive the battle than lose them like missile heads.

@Sergius Lucius:
    No as seven says...it would be too easy. It is a challenge now to play the Julii. Why to spoil it? And historically..romans found a very difficult task to win these lands and finally win the gauls....more than 120 yrs.

@magpie
    The thow pilum animation is a CA engine Fault...cannot do anything about it...although I would try smthg later.... :hmmm:
    This is the "DarthMod" "protective formation" attribute of units. Units will use that according to their strenght. (Heavy units combine to protect, Light go to loose etc....it varies and is creating shield wall effect similar to BI.

Oldgamer's Avatar My President ...
    Illinois, and I DID obtain my concealed carry permit! I'm packin'!

Darth,

It's now 249bc (Roman Campaign), and Flavius finally died (at78!). During "his" rule, 13 cities were taken, only one battle came close to being lost, and Rome controls Italy from the Alps to the boot & heel, and also has Syracuse.

There have been no bugs that I can detect, not a single CTD, and the whole thing looks great on my new flatscreen 20" monitor (just bought yesterday).