Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [INFORMATION] GENERAL SOLUTION THREAD

Default Re: [INFORMATION] GENERAL SOLUTION THREAD

I am having the same problem when ever i try a campaign or battle the quote loading screen comes up then it crashes and says etw has stopped working

I'm having the same problems as everyone else, click play on darthmod, click start empire, first screen that pops up darthmod, CTD error. Also after installing the mod I don't have the 3rd final darth vader icon without the shield. I only have the first two, the .exe and patch icons both with shields next to them.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Can you please do the following:-

Remove Darthmod then make sure your Vanilla game works correctly, you may need to do the following http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=392075

Play at least one turn with Vanilla then save, exit re-launch make sure the save loads, if all ok then exit.

Then prepare to re-install Darthmod, it is important that you detail each step you take so we can understand if there are any errors/issues (screenshots of each step would be helpful)
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Ducenarius

i have a ctd when i try to group a unit formation which conssit with more than 20 units
    Anz ideas why this is happening?

If anyone still uses this, I've been getting an error where it asks for a CD...

I have tried everything Witch was said at the top.
    I'm new to the whole gaming on pc's so it's a little confusing :S but I've downloaded darthmod go to play it with steam open like it says at the top but it keeps coming up with this

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\Packs\aum_on Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again.

To top it off now I cant even play Empire without unless I uninstall Steam and Darthmod.
    Anyone got any ideas what's wrong and sorry if I missed something at the top tellling me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CalzTwisted View Post
    I have tried everything Witch was said at the top.
    I'm new to the whole gaming on pc's so it's a little confusing :S but I've downloaded darthmod go to play it with steam open like it says at the top but it keeps coming up with this

Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\Packs\aum_on Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again.

To top it off now I cant even play Empire without unless I uninstall Steam and Darthmod.
    Anyone got any ideas what's wrong and sorry if I missed something at the top tellling me what to do.
    I am in this exact same situation...

I got the game to load by verifying local content, but now the language is not English so have to look into that...

Laetus

Hello, I have been suffering an issue were all the custom units added into the game appear to be untexturized. (ie. They are all a flat black color). I am not sure if this was an installation glitch or what. Any help would be much appreciated!

Default Re: [SOLUTION] Crash after/during Splash

Dos this mod work with Windows 8? How can I make it work?

Hi, I think this mod is incredible but can someone PLEASE help me. Even though the music turned off I'm blasted by an organ recital of Toccata in Fugue by Bach which is nice but distracting and I cannot turn off the game carries on a little while then crashes with sound running but a black screen.

Is it possible to use with Windows 8. If so how? Because I am having trouble just accessing the downloaded file. Thanks

On gamefront there is no download button once you get to the page. For example, i clicked download Darthmod part 2 on gamefront and it took me to an information page about how big it was and stuff but there is literally no download button. Is it supposed to automatically download or not? The alternative website modDB is being blocked by my public wifi so i cant use it

i hope someone can help when i start the installing part after downloading (i downloaded one file not 2) and after it gets to the loading bar once you agree to stuff and verify the empire path it immediately stops and this pops up (sorry for spelling mistakes im sure you will get the idea whoever you are) "access to C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\empire totalwar\data\dme\dme platinum.exe was denied" i dont really know what to do with that information though

I have installed the mod but it crashes right after I try to open Empire Total War. I played ETW before, downloaded mod today. Installed it. Opened launcher, clicked start. It did things. Then I clicked to ETW but it crashed. "Memory cannot be read" it says, or something like that. I'm using MS XP. My other computer have power supply issues so, there isn't much i can do about OS. What could be the problem?

Laetus

Yes, I'm having very serious problems with the mod, every time I click start on the launcher it says "windows cannot find (the name of a file" make shore you type the name correctly and try again" and idk what the f&&@ to do. On top of that I can't play empire because it keeps crashing even tho I don't open the launcher. What's the problem? Please help.

I was having the same problem. This is the first mod I have tried installing on the game, and after I installed it even the vanilla would not work. I deleted Darthmod and it still didn't work. I did a system restore(I had just backed it up) and that didn't help either, so I tried reinstalling it. I got and physical game that came with the gold edition and Napoleon, so I reinstalled it from the disk and it said that some file didn't install correctly. So I ran the uninstaller from the disk and did a fresh install, and the vanilla finally seems to work normally again. It is a shame because I was really looking forward to using this mod. I don't think I will try again until they either patch this or someone has some insight into how to make it work. Are there any other mods out there that let you have 40 armies and larger unit sizes? That is what I was most looking forward to now that I have this great gaming computer.

Nope nope nope doesen't work tried everything but you know what? I GIVE UP f this i'm so sick and tired of this crap so you can keep your f'n mod and stick it up somewhere nice and dark..

When I open ETW it opens like it is going to work then it crashes. I have tried all the solutions on this tread and it still doesnt work. I have uninstalled & re-installed ETW multiple times, verified files, uninstalled & re-installed DME multiple times and it still crashed on start up. I dont know what to do at this point. I have installed DME in the past and it has worked just fine. I wanted to play it again but now it wont work

Quote Originally Posted by JetPilot View Post
    When I open ETW it opens like it is going to work then it crashes. I have tried all the solutions on this tread and it still doesnt work. I have uninstalled & re-installed ETW multiple times, verified files, uninstalled & re-installed DME multiple times and it still crashed on start up. I dont know what to do at this point. I have installed DME in the past and it has worked just fine. I wanted to play it again but now it wont work
    I haven't read the other responses, but will tell you what is working for me.
    Start DME.
    Once you have the first screen for DME (for me it is a small menu box), then open steam.
    Once steam is open, go back to the DME menu box and select "start".

If this solves your problem beware the Ottoman turn lag that starts late in the game.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast