Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: LME4 Feedback and bug reporting thread

Default Re: LME4 Feedback and bug reporting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Normalguy View Post
    Just come back after a long time away...anyway....

I dont play on Ultra size so Artillery units have the annoying habit of only 3 out of 4 guns actually firing. I downloaded the Artillery size submod from the Installation page. Place the pack file in the correct folder (I see it's MOV file) and run the game.

On startup the game does not get past the Title Screen and then crashes.

Removing the pack file and all is ok.

Is there a working submod for Artillery for those who run S/M/L size installations please?
    Works fine for me, I just tried to replicate your observation but couldn't. Something else is conflicting in your data folder?

Dean Martin's Avatar Tiro

I eliminated these graphics problem by deleting vanilla smoke pack file. I have therefore question, if i deleted this file now, will the game revert automaticly to the one provided by LME or do i have to enable it somehow? Im asking because i feel like there are almost no explosion effects from howitzer artillery, dunno if this is intended by mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Works fine for me, I just tried to replicate your observation but couldn't. Something else is conflicting in your data folder?
    Hmmmm nothing there that shouldnt be. Ok I'll have a tinker and see what I can deduce.
    May your Gods go with you.

Thank you for your feedback post KASCII, very informative+Rep

The French artillery or most French units in general uses unform textures from L'aigle and it may strain your GPU resources to the limit coupled with smoke effects etc. It is not a bug in the mod as such, it just demand a mid to high-end Graphical CCA in order to work smoothly. I don't if that's relevant in your case?
    Thanks Lutland. I suspect it is graphics related, combined with the smoke & sound enhancements. The shuttering also caused my soundcard to lock up and loop what ever sound was playing before CTDing. I run two older GTX260 (216) cards in SLI. They're good cards, but they don't seem to like ETW or NTW. Shogun 2 has been problem free for me though.

ANOTHER ISSUE:
    I took Mayor's advice and installed Alb23 Modified Deployment Zones. When a unit travels too close to one end of the map, which is to the rear of the player's deployment zone, they risk crossing an invisible boundary where they aren't suppose to travel. If part of the unit crosses this unmarked boundary the unit will lose whatever troops had crossed the line. Happened several times in different battles.

For example, I ordered a unit of my hussars, numbering 100, to maneuvering near the rear of the deployment zone. They were formed in a four line formation, so 25 troopers wide. When I went back to check on their progress they had arrived at their waypoint but with just 8 cavalrymen remaining.

The unit seemed none-the-worse-for-wear and still had high morale... but I only used them to run down routers after that. When the battle was over and the results screen appeared the Hussar unit was back to full strength. Happend with a couple other cav units and an infantry too. Whichever troopers cross this unmarker barrier to the rear of the deployment zone they'll be gone for the duration of the battle but will reappear afterward.

This invisible boundary is located about 200 yards before the rear out of boundary's red line. You can tell where it is because the cursor will turn to an X. Just have to remember to keep your units well away from this boundary. Not sure how many, or if all, bettlefields are effected and I never thought to pay attention to which battlefield they were but they were definitely all involving the enemy in the smaller fortifications. Also, it never happened when I was an allied reinforcement coming on to the field though.

ANOTHER:
    This is probably also related to Alb23 deployment zone mod as well, but the artillery of fortifications has got a 180 degree field of fire in that mod. Whoa... I realize the importance of evening things up in favour of the defenders but the artillery of fortification's field of fire is a bit much. Even if one is near 0 or 180 degrees parallel to the wall the defenders will just keep firing at you down the length of the wall. Which it most certainly will do. It looks, well, rather comical actually. I don't know if that mod is still supported though. I really enjoy the larger maps and more distant deployment zones though.

Couldn't figure out how to edit my post, but just to clarify, I so far only experienced the disappearing troops when attacking a fortification, and when at the rear of my deployment zone.

Mayor's Avatar Tiro

[QUOTE=KASCII;12596055]When a unit travels too close to one end of the map, which is to the rear of the player's deployment zone, they risk crossing an invisible boundary where they aren't suppose to travel. If part of the unit crosses this unmarked boundary the unit will lose whatever troops had crossed the line. Happened several times in different battles.

It happened to me once in a campaign battle, loosing 2 cavalry squadrons. I was so annoyed that began the battle again... and didn`t take note of useful details as KASCII above

Hello,

This mod is incredible, so far I used to stick with the Darthmod but I must say that having different campaign is a huge plus !! Beside the economy seems to be balanced and I also love the fact that the navy cannot travel huge distances in just one turn, makes it more strategic.

Regarding the early campaigns, would it be possible to change the skin of Napoleon on the campaign map to match the one used during the italian campaign (the one with the grey coat) ? The current skin is just the one of a regular general with a different blue.

And one more question : what is the default unit size ? The first time I launched the game I had like 400 units per regiment, then I decided to lower it through the custom user script by changing the coefficient to 0.75. I tested it and because it messes with the artillery unit I reverted to a coeff of 1, and I also decided to play in 40units with the wolves pack. But now I only have 210 units per unit playing as France, is it normal ?

Anyway, I am playing the 1796 campaign under the consulate, I allied with Denmark and Russia (hopefully Paul I won't be murdered by his son in this game ?), the Ottoman are allied with Austria against me (never had this before !) and I can experience a complete different kind of campaign, thx !

Mayor's Avatar Tiro

Hi Fumagalli, besides the differences between factions and some elite units regarding unit strength, default (coeff 1) size of an Infantry battalion is 210 men in LME. I guess you had in your first game 1.5 in your preferences script, then you changed it to 0.75... and this odd thing regarding numbers you describe happens... So, to have the result you want, go back again to the preferences scrip, put the coefficient you like, save it, go to script properties and click "read only". Regards.

Yep thx this is what I did, I just had to restart a campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by fumagalli View Post
    Hello,

This mod is incredible, so far I used to stick with the Darthmod but I must say that having different campaign is a huge plus !! Beside the economy seems to be balanced and I also love the fact that the navy cannot travel huge distances in just one turn, makes it more strategic.

Regarding the early campaigns, would it be possible to change the skin of Napoleon on the campaign map to match the one used during the italian campaign (the one with the grey coat) ? The current skin is just the one of a regular general with a different blue.

And one more question : what is the default unit size ? The first time I launched the game I had like 400 units per regiment, then I decided to lower it through the custom user script by changing the coefficient to 0.75. I tested it and because it messes with the artillery unit I reverted to a coeff of 1, and I also decided to play in 40units with the wolves pack. But now I only have 210 units per unit playing as France, is it normal ?

Anyway, I am playing the 1796 campaign under the consulate, I allied with Denmark and Russia (hopefully Paul I won't be murdered by his son in this game ?), the Ottoman are allied with Austria against me (never had this before !) and I can experience a complete different kind of campaign, thx !
    Thank you

You could change the uniform, but you need to do it manually by replacing the files embedded in the LME 1796 Campaign pack.

Yes 210 is the standard number with a coeff. of 1

Quote Originally Posted by Mayor View Post
    Hi Fumagalli, besides the differences between factions and some elite units regarding unit strength, default (coeff 1) size of an Infantry battalion is 210 men in LME. I guess you had in your first game 1.5 in your preferences script, then you changed it to 0.75... and this odd thing regarding numbers you describe happens... So, to have the result you want, go back again to the preferences scrip, put the coefficient you like, save it, go to script properties and click "read only". Regards.
    Thanks for posting this, Mayor+Rep

Quote Originally Posted by KASCII View Post
    Thanks Lutland. I suspect it is graphics related, combined with the smoke & sound enhancements. The shuttering also caused my soundcard to lock up and loop what ever sound was playing before CTDing. I run two older GTX260 (216) cards in SLI. They're good cards, but they don't seem to like ETW or NTW. Shogun 2 has been problem free for me though.

ANOTHER ISSUE:
    I took Mayor's advice and installed Alb23 Modified Deployment Zones. When a unit travels too close to one end of the map, which is to the rear of the player's deployment zone, they risk crossing an invisible boundary where they aren't suppose to travel. If part of the unit crosses this unmarked boundary the unit will lose whatever troops had crossed the line. Happened several times in different battles.

For example, I ordered a unit of my hussars, numbering 100, to maneuvering near the rear of the deployment zone. They were formed in a four line formation, so 25 troopers wide. When I went back to check on their progress they had arrived at their waypoint but with just 8 cavalrymen remaining.

The unit seemed none-the-worse-for-wear and still had high morale... but I only used them to run down routers after that. When the battle was over and the results screen appeared the Hussar unit was back to full strength. Happend with a couple other cav units and an infantry too. Whichever troopers cross this unmarker barrier to the rear of the deployment zone they'll be gone for the duration of the battle but will reappear afterward.

This invisible boundary is located about 200 yards before the rear out of boundary's red line. You can tell where it is because the cursor will turn to an X. Just have to remember to keep your units well away from this boundary. Not sure how many, or if all, bettlefields are effected and I never thought to pay attention to which battlefield they were but they were definitely all involving the enemy in the smaller fortifications. Also, it never happened when I was an allied reinforcement coming on to the field though.

ANOTHER:
    This is probably also related to Alb23 deployment zone mod as well, but the artillery of fortifications has got a 180 degree field of fire in that mod. Whoa... I realize the importance of evening things up in favour of the defenders but the artillery of fortification's field of fire is a bit much. Even if one is near 0 or 180 degrees parallel to the wall the defenders will just keep firing at you down the length of the wall. Which it most certainly will do. It looks, well, rather comical actually. I don't know if that mod is still supported though. I really enjoy the larger maps and more distant deployment zones though.
    Thank you for your thorough explanation, KASCII+Rep. I wasn't aware of it myself

Ok after 50 turns of 1796 campaign playing as France I am truly amazed by this mod, so i won't make a list of all the things I like and I will go straight to the point with the issues I notices :

1) Russia is incredibly passive, they now have 3 full stacks of 40 units doing endless manoeuves near Moscow even if they are allied with France and at war with Austria, Prussia and the Ottoman.. basically all their neighbors ! The east front hasn't changed after 50 turns...

2) the smoke mod (w... of suphur ?) that has a weird name is producing very very weird smoke clouds on my pc, and I have a good graphic card, etc, so I'll drop it. But this is a very minor issue.

3) The worst thing so far : a lot of city are not protected by the AI, this is ok not all the regions are essentials, but after a while, when the AI has developed all these technologies like "industrialization" that decrease the happiness of the population they end up with rebellions ! Prussia lost 2 regions so far... and the worst thing is that they don't even try to reconquer them !!

But again, I don't want to look like an ungrateful guy : this is the best mod for NTW.

I am probably going to begin anther campaign with 80units per army but with a small size to avoid CTD.

Hey, lutland, few questions about ships:
    Why is that ships explode so often? I'm playing French 1805 campaign and I'm in 1807 now. I've had plenty of naval battles and in every battle ships explodes. I've defeated Nelson's full stack fleet where every single ship has exploded??? I really think that it is too much.
    I mean, it did happen, but not so often. On battle of Trafalgar, out of 41 ships in French-Spanish fleet, Brits have captured 21!

Can you tell me what to change to reduce this explode value, and also where to reduce chance to get caught on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by fumagalli View Post
    Ok after 50 turns of 1796 campaign playing as France I am truly amazed by this mod, so i won't make a list of all the things I like and I will go straight to the point with the issues I notices :

1) Russia is incredibly passive, they now have 3 full stacks of 40 units doing endless manoeuves near Moscow even if they are allied with France and at war with Austria, Prussia and the Ottoman.. basically all their neighbors ! The east front hasn't changed after 50 turns...

2) the smoke mod (w... of suphur ?) that has a weird name is producing very very weird smoke clouds on my pc, and I have a good graphic card, etc, so I'll drop it. But this is a very minor issue.

3) The worst thing so far : a lot of city are not protected by the AI, this is ok not all the regions are essentials, but after a while, when the AI has developed all these technologies like "industrialization" that decrease the happiness of the population they end up with rebellions ! Prussia lost 2 regions so far... and the worst thing is that they don't even try to reconquer them !!

But again, I don't want to look like an ungrateful guy : this is the best mod for NTW.

I am probably going to begin anther campaign with 80units per army but with a small size to avoid CTD.
    Thank your for your feedback, it's useful. I will consider some of the changes when updating to LME 4.1.

Quote Originally Posted by pajapatak View Post
    Hey, lutland, few questions about ships:
    Why is that ships explode so often? I'm playing French 1805 campaign and I'm in 1807 now. I've had plenty of naval battles and in every battle ships explodes. I've defeated Nelson's full stack fleet where every single ship has exploded??? I really think that it is too much.
    I mean, it did happen, but not so often. On battle of Trafalgar, out of 41 ships in French-Spanish fleet, Brits have captured 21!

Can you tell me what to change to reduce this explode value, and also where to reduce chance to get caught on fire.
    Hi Pajapatak

LME actually lowers the chance of ships caughting fire quite a bit, are you sure you don't play with other mods alongside LME4?

The values are located in _kv_rules and go look for: projectile_incendiary_chance_high and projectile_incendiary_chance_low (you should decrease the values even further)

Cheers
    iutland

Hi Pajapatak

LME actually lowers the chance of ships caughting fire quite a bit, are you sure you don't play with other mods alongside LME4?

The values are located in _kv_rules and go look for: projectile_incendiary_chance_high and projectile_incendiary_chance_low (you should decrease the values even further)

Cheers
    iutland
    Thanks for this reply, lutland.
    I'm not using any other mods with LME4. At least not any with kv tables...
    Is this projectile_incendiary_chance line also responsible for explosions of ships?

Thanks for this reply, lutland.
    I'm not using any other mods with LME4. At least not any with kv tables...
    Is this projectile_incendiary_chance line also responsible for explosions of ships?
    Good :-)

Yes it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lutland, do you use BAI and CAI from UAI or did you modified them ?

Error message when I try to start using the mod menu:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File not found.
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.Shell(String PathName, AppWinStyle Style, Boolean Wait, Int32 Timeout)
    at LME.Form1.camp1792Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    La montée de l'Empire 4
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.1
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Program%20File/Steam/steamapps/common/napoleon%20total%20war/La%20mont%E9e%20de%20l'Empire%204.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Lutland, do you use BAI and CAI from UAI or did you modified them ?
    I made my own BAI and CAI. However CAI was influenced by UAI. The UAI submod is CAI only.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerius View Post
    Error message when I try to start using the mod menu:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File not found.
    at Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.Shell(String PathName, AppWinStyle Style, Boolean Wait, Int32 Timeout)
    at LME.Form1.camp1792Button_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    La montée de l'Empire 4
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.1
    Win32 Version: 1.1.0.1
    CodeBase: file:///G:/Program%20File/Steam/steamapps/common/napoleon%20total%20war/La%20mont%E9e%20de%20l'Empire%204.exe
    Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Have you installed the LME user script? Otherwise it doesn't work!