Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LME4 Feedback and bug reporting thread

Default Re: LME4 Feedback and bug reporting thread

Quote:
    Originally Posted by simmisumo
    Heh, sorry. What I mean is that each unit of line infantry, cavarly, artillery, etc. has only one soldier/man. Instead of it's full size.

It's strangeThe only cause I could think of would be a conflict with a previous installed mod or changes in the preferences.script.txt file located in your script folder. I know DMN overwrites the preferences file!!

There is one entry named campaign_unit_multiplier 1; # campaign_unit_multiplier <float>, Set default unit multiplier for campaign # that defines the number of men in a unit (1=LME standard unit size). It may be caused by this but I'm not certain?
    I can't seem to find the "preference.scrpt.txt" file and I did have DMN before but I uninstalled it.

-All campaigns
    -i choose any peiod and every unit have 0 soldiers
    - its with all factions

Bherum
    ]Description of the bug: i choose any period and play any faction in the campaigns or custom battles and every unit have 0 soldiers in it
    ]Campaign where bug was encountered:all campaigns:all campaigns
    ]What faction you're playing Any specific unit or feature involved:all units but the ships dont happend to have the problem

[Additional information or details:

agunter999's Avatar Senator

I can't start a custom battle as the tick is not there and my data folder is fine
    This happens with all campaigns and naps battles

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Vanilla Battle UI Submod is needed if you play with a screen resolution of less than 1600x900
    Read all the installation istructions

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

agunter999's Avatar Senator

Thanks now works perfectly
    Didn't think my resolution was lower

Quote Originally Posted by Bherum View Post
    Bherum
    ]Description of the bug: i choose any period and play any faction in the campaigns or custom battles and every unit have 0 soldiers in it
    ]Campaign where bug was encountered:all campaigns:all campaigns
    ]What faction you're playing Any specific unit or feature involved:all units but the ships dont happend to have the problem

[Additional information or details:
    Hmmmcan you post a screenshot of your data folder and data/campaigns folder as well as attach your current user script.txt file and preference.txt file?

Hey and thank you for providing this awesome mod. Finally I can lead Denmark to World Domination!
    When I play as Denmark in the 1805 campaign I can however only construct military units in Copenhagen(with the exception of Landeværns-militia and 7pdr howitzers) and the naval(meaning anything above a 38-gun frigate) units in Norway and Denmark. While it could be intentional I can't help but thinking it's a bug as it renders upgrading any military building elsewhere quite pointless. Considering the long production time of artillery units especially it means that you are very slow at raising new armies (Luckily I dont tend to lose armies so I'm still well on my way to bring europe to it's knees ).

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    Read all the installation istructions
    Thanks Venno+Rep, you are probably The Expert when handling this mod

hi there I'am getting a consistent bug when try to transport an army with my navy after disembarking the game than crashes with CTD. This is as Demark 1807 campaign turn 42 any ideas on how to fix. I would like to continue my campagin but if its an engine bug, i will understand.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goblinking View Post
    hi there I'am getting a consistent bug when try to transport an army with my navy after disembarking the game than crashes with CTD. This is as Demark 1807 campaign turn 42 any ideas on how to fix. I would like to continue my campagin but if its an engine bug, i will understand.
    Thanks
    Where do you try to land your army? Also if you could upload your savegame (pre-crash) and list the submod used that will speed-up any fault isolation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi the army lands near estonia and when i click army after hitting end turn that when crash occurs i tried loading earlier saves but this move always results in crash.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinking View Post
    hi the army lands near estonia and when i click army after hitting end turn that when crash occurs i tried loading earlier saves but this move always results in crash.
    Hi Goblinking

I can confirm your CTD issue and I don't know what causes it However there is a work-around: Split your army in Estonia, so that your cavalry and General besiege Riga followed by your artillery. Next turn you can move your militia forward and join your General. You probably figured that out already, but anyway...
    Just beware of the French army moving up through East Prussia

Interesting campaign setup
    iutland

Hi Lutland,

I downloaded LME4 last week after months of DMN and I can say I really enjoy the mod so far very nice job . I am in the middle of an 1812 campaign and sometimes the BAI behaves extremely ( with UAI submod) well forming deep formations and sometimes it keeps shuffling units as if it doesn't know what to do. I just beat the austrians in Vienna and the AI shuffled and then concentrated all its forces in one corner of the map. This issue mostly occurs when the AI is defending. No issues to report when AI is attacking.

Also I just found an interesting bug see picture below I am sure the iron duke had a high opinion of himself and thought he could walk on water but not litterally

None of the installs are working for me.

Have literally tried the 7 part install, the 3 part install and the 1 part install, none of the installers will open.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

That's because you are impatient, if you have vista/seven you have to wait 3/5 minuts and you will see a pop-up "do you want to use this program?" tick yes an start installing

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by Centaure View Post
    Hi Lutland,

I downloaded LME4 last week after months of DMN and I can say I really enjoy the mod so far very nice job . I am in the middle of an 1812 campaign and sometimes the BAI behaves extremely ( with UAI submod) well forming deep formations and sometimes it keeps shuffling units as if it doesn't know what to do. I just beat the austrians in Vienna and the AI shuffled and then concentrated all its forces in one corner of the map. This issue mostly occurs when the AI is defending. No issues to report when AI is attacking.

Also I just found an interesting bug see picture below I am sure the iron duke had a high opinion of himself and thought he could walk on water but not litterally
    Thank you. Funny bug however I think it's related to the NTW game itself, since I haven't introduced any Jesus behaviour

Quote Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
    None of the installs are working for me.

Have literally tried the 7 part install, the 3 part install and the 1 part install, none of the installers will open.
    The installer isn't bugged, it may be related to your user rights in the computer settings? I assume you're able to unrar the files into the installer with no errors?

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    The installer isn't bugged, it may be related to your user rights in the computer settings? I assume you're able to unrar the files into the installer with no errors?
    When I downloaded the torrent version, I was informed that the file was dangerous for my computer. It must be the anti-virus doing it.

Don't know how to get around it, the antivirus deletes the file as soon as it's downloaded, and it deletes the other combined exes too when they're started up.

EDIT: I'm going to try DLing the three part file, then turning off the anti-virus with the internet disconnected. Should work.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishHitman View Post
    When I downloaded the torrent version, I was informed that the file was dangerous for my computer. It must be the anti-virus doing it.

Don't know how to get around it, the antivirus deletes the file as soon as it's downloaded, and it deletes the other combined exes too when they're started up.

EDIT: I'm going to try DLing the three part file, then turning off the anti-virus with the internet disconnected. Should work.
    Yes it happens sometimes with exe files. Norton as an example doesn't even allow user override

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Yes it happens sometimes with exe files. Norton as an example doesn't even allow user override
    I'm using Norton, hence "turn it off"...

EDIT: I found out how to create file exemptions, it was simple from there
    Last edited by IrishHitman; October 17, 2012 at 05:41 AM.