Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: DA3 Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I'd rather not see a game with more Darkspawn, I always found them to be boring, in DAO and DA2.
    They seemed ripped straight from Gears Of War's locust horde. But what do i know i only played half of DA:O and nothing else.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'd rather not see a game with more Darkspawn, I always found them to be boring, in DAO and DA2.
    I like the zombie apocalypse feeling i get with them in game.
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Comes Domesticorum

Eh, player Walking Dead or CoD or something if you want zombie apocalypse. The only thing cool about the darkspawn is how they started out, but everything else is entirely boring.

Also, darkspawn are too much like Reaper troops, how they're all based on their host species but changed somehow. It's quite boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    They seemed ripped straight from Gears Of War's locust horde. But what do i know i only played half of DA:O and nothing else.
    In the trailers I always just called them Orcs .
    They're living creatures, biological. They take a female host from one of the normal races and essentially corrupt her into a brood mother. Then she spews out thousands of a certain type of Darkspawn. Human-Hurlock, Elf-Shriek, Dwarf-Genlock, Kossith-Ogre.
    But in DAO they pretty much acted like typical fantasy Orcs. They were the brutal sadistic humanoids on a warpath. Chaotic Evil, magic corruption, unnatural abominations blah blah blah.
    In DA2 they became the putty patrol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nkZWxcgaUE

Soviet's Avatar Campidoctor

Then the Architect takes them all deep down into the Deep Roads or w/e and starts a massive rave

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

He had so much potential tbh. I found him fascinating but it was never more than 'Look, I'm doing something really important. It's with your blood. Can't tell you, though. Friends?' so I always killed him, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    He had so much potential tbh. I found him fascinating but it was never more than 'Look, I'm doing something really important. It's with your blood. Can't tell you, though. Friends?' so I always killed him, though.
    You need to read the novel, The Calling...I think, he's much more fleshed out.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    The whole "look its blood", specially born characters, and being tied to your greatest enemy in such a way is such an old annoying trope in RPGs since FF7/BG1 that I really WISH they would do something else for this next game. Tired of playing EVERY JRPG and most Western RPGs and having that same basic plot. It would be nice to have "your just a peasant boy with a destiny" plot a "rescue the princess" or something DIFFERENT for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    I doubt it...Never was a fan of the ME3 MP and other games that did not have MP in its first game (Dead Space for example) did it in its 2nd game and that was quite horrible as well...So hopefully that's a no (As I doubt it would be any good)
    ME3 MP was generic stupidity, if it was the game with more than one person it would of been a successful game mode.

Quote Originally Posted by PGeo36 View Post
    I thought MP was already confirmed
    That would be nice. Always played BG and NWN with friends. IDK why they forget about their multiplayer heritage.
    Agreed, DAO was ok though as there was plenty of other kinds of enemies as well until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    Yes i'm tired of faceless enemies. In their DND games there was always dialogue and plots behind enemies rather than them just being an endless horde to kill. Even if it was a demon or a vampire. Here they just throw bad guys at you like it's Diablo.

I'm more or less thinking of the terrible 2nd game I guess. At least in the first there was some plot to it other than endless waves of clone enemies and boring battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Habelo View Post
    I like the zombie apocalypse feeling i get with them in game.
    That is so overplayed and old. I don't get what the fad is about at all either. Just a bunch of hipsters at a gun range shooting zombie targets and closing their eyes saying smugly "i'm preparing for the zombie apocalypse" while clutching a copy of World War Z they never read.

Zombie Apocalypse in games is what you go for if you want to write no plot. Apparently this is the case for walking dead as well.

I'm not very optimistic about this game. DA2 showed us they had no interest in their original intent for the game anymore, which was a "spiritual success to BG2". They just made a bad version of Diablo with every bad fighting move from 300 and just a horrible game overall. It was like they had the B team design it. Now that EA owns them totally and integrated them with companies such as Mythic and made a few bad games by now I have little to no hope that this game will be good. They need to prove me wrong at this point and that face that BIOWARE of all companies has to prove to me that they can still make a good game is really sad to me. They really are my most favorite game company of all time.

What is really crazy is that Bethesda is better now. A game company that I ALWAYS hated. Known for making horrible buggy messes of games with no dialogue or plot in the past is not making actually good games for a little while now. This reversal leaves me confused at times where I actually want to play Skyrim and Fallout 3 and play the DLC. Its fun/interesting. DA2 and ME3 was not and I have 0 interest in the story and the dlc as a result similar to how I feel about any post-7 Final Fantasy or Diablo.

I think the thing that pissed me off the most about DA2 was the complete lack of strategy. It was all monster mashing. In DAO I had a fun time like BG2 with all the strategy to the game. DA2 was no different than Jade Empire, a bland fighting game.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Having very little hopes for this one. Best members of developer team have left back when they were developing DA2. We all know how it ended up being a really poor Action-RPG with no real CRPG mechanics and console-based gameplay. Plus Bioware put more effort into damage control, such as paying off video-game magazines and deleting all negative comments on their website then probably into the actual game. They kinda forgot that the reason people liked Origins was not only because you could bang other characters, but because of complex strategy-based combat system and CRPG mechanics. Without all of that its just a Mass Effect clone in a fantasy setting. Which Bioware under EA would be fine with, given how there will always be target audience for a fantasy-themed dating simulator such as DA2.

Comes Domesticorum

I liked DA:O despite the combat system. I simply enjoyed its fleshed-out lore, but the story was average and the character relationships were the typical BioWare relations.

Yeah, but action-RPG already has a plenty of titles. Plus DA2 is not even a good action-RPG. If Bioware stuck to its original formula as in Origins, DA2 would have been so much better. Also the idea of not being able to choose who your character will be is also frustrating and limits the re-playability. Instead the simplified it to the point of it being de-install-after-first-playthrough kinda game.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Yeah, but action-RPG already has a plenty of titles. Plus DA2 is not even a good action-RPG. If Bioware stuck to its original formula as in Origins, DA2 would have been so much better. Also the idea of not being able to choose who your character will be is also frustrating and limits the re-playability. Instead the simplified it to the point of it being de-install-after-first-playthrough kinda game.
    The biggest drag for DA2 for me was that it all took place within Kirkwall. I enjoyed the story and the companions much more than I did in the original DA:O, but the lack of interaction with the rest of the DA world ultimately made it too boring for me. The combat could've been enjoyable if it wasn't so repetitive. I just hope that DAIII being set in Orlais will make it much more interesting, since Orlais should be more interesting than either Kirkwall or smelly muddy Ferelden.

I'd say going to Orlais will only mean that you're going to drown in stereotypes about French and the middle ages.

Comes Domesticorum

Eh, that's fine, Ferelden was basically medieval England.

I currently replaying orgins, and i got to realize how good this game is. da2 doesnt even light a candle to it.
    And i mean on anything, the only thing i can think of it falls short is the combat, that is much slower, yet with much more depth, wich isnt a bad thing persé.
    It has better characters by far, and their interaction is by far much greater, even the dlc companions have much to go arround and play then any companion in da2.
    For gods sake you could steal, and make traps in this game. They remove that stuff in da2.
    The main story omg, what a diference, it might be cliché, but that doesnt equal to bad necessarly not to mention expected in this kind of games, while da2 might not be as cliché ( wich it is in a way), but its quite bad for the most of it.
    Origins is overall more fleshed out, whit more gore and grim, and darker then da2 is. Even the armors and gear look alot more realistic and less cartoonish. To be fair i dont mind cartoonish look, but i do mind coherency.
    To simply put origins took allmost 6 years to make while da2 took 2... and it shows.
    Even the multiple endings and choices is a statment to that.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

DA 2 took 1 year and a couple of months to make. Not even a year and a half. Thank you EA.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Yeah, EA is only great at ruining titles to milk money from them.

Also we shall play as either Warden's/Morrigan's child or as the child that fell with an asteroid, which we saw in one of the encounters while traveling.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

That encounter was a Superman Easter egg. I doubt we'll be playing as Superman.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

I didn't bother playing DA2 but I'm hopeful they learned some lessons from it and strive to do better than DA:Origins. Does anyone know if Bioware is just doing sequels or have they announced something new?