Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: DA3 Announced

My common sense would let my close the studio so it could rest in peace instead of humiliating its name again and again.
    Sure it would be better if good games could be made again but how many chance are in for this to happen ?

Some people seem to now better about the studio history so please allow me one question. Didn't s a lot of change occur in the writers team ? If I remember correctly there was some change even during the development of DA origins. And maybe a team leader after the release of the game. Don't remember of what.

And I agree with The Mouth I founded the art style of DA2 terrible. It lacked any coherence.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

The Darkspawn change was the absolute worst thing about DA2 to me.

I was annoyed by the enemy waves, I didn't like the recycled environments, and I hated how the enemies would literally fall into chunks when you killed them. But the change from fearsome armored terrors to power rangers puttys was the worst of all. Luckily they weren't the major enemy in DA2 at least.

This is from someone who thought DA2 was alright but didn't nearly live up to DAO. 2 had a pretty good storyline and very good characters, the game just wasn't executed very well.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

I pretty much feel the same way about it Manco. Down to the power rangers comparison, my first thought seeing them in game actually.

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by vinh834 View Post
    It doesn't matter if the original talent at Bioware is still there or not. The fact is that if they are still there willingly even when their contract is up, then they don't give a about making great games anymore. If it was up to me, I would liquidate the entire studio and prematurely place on each and every employee's record that he/she is a self-centered greedy liar that doesn't care about quality.
    My god... What? Come on be reasonable this is real life.
    Either way if I'll keep an eye on this one, more as an interesting in Bioware than the series. Couldn't really get into it for whatever reason, that said I still logged sixty odd hours on DA:O despite barely progressing into the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

some concept art found on Bioware blog
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dalish Elves with their Aravels, a Grey Warden and some kind of a castle (Chantry's stronghold perhaps?)

and an interview.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...on-huge-levels
    Human protagonist=laaaaaame

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

*sighs* didn't Bioware say that they listened ?
    And yet they are once again caught with their head up their backside since the human-only protagonist of DA2 was one of the most outspoken flaws of the game.
    But no, of course that would take actual effort in trying to make a game that was as good as DA1 and we can't have that.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by TB666 View Post
    *sighs* didn't Bioware say that they listened ?
    And yet they are once again caught with their head up their backside since the human-only protagonist of DA2 was one of the most outspoken flaws of the game.
    But no, of course that would take actual effort in trying to make a game that was as good as DA1 and we can't have that.
    I didn't mind having a human protagonist. I just didn't like Hawke or his male and female voice actors.

Habelo's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Sounds like it will be like that leliana dlc. Which i hated... Alot.
    You have a certain mentality, a "you vs them" and i know it is hard to see, but it is only your imagination which makes up enemies everywhere. I haven't professed anything but being neutral so why Do you feel the need to defend yourself from me?. Truly What are you defending? when there is nobody attacking?

Comes Domesticorum

I never got around to playing it. I wouldn't mind an Orlais, because Orlais and Tevinter are the only interesting human factions anyway.

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

Was hoping for Anderfels but yeah Orlais is the more logical sequel. No race option is very unfortunate but at least we'll have different origin stories.

It is sort of funny how DA2 actually had a better story than DAO, but was completely undone by terrible design choices.
    My pony jumps ever so high

Quote Originally Posted by blank View Post
    It is sort of funny how DA2 actually had a better story than DAO, but was completely undone by terrible design choices.
    Absolutely.

"Unite the races and drive off an evil horde" is as old as Tolkien, in fact, much older, since Tolkien based his work on mythology around the world but especially Germano-British mythology.

DA2 isn't completely original in it's story, much much more so than DAO.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

I like this line.

and that one level of Dragon Age III exceeds the size of all of Dragon Age II's stages.
    Not sure if that's a good statement for DA3 or a bad statement for DA2.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

I think DA 3 could be a epic game if done right.
    We will be in the center of the chantry with a war going on, and the threat of orlais invading ferelden.
    The Qunari in comand of sten (now arishok)
    With morigan, the grey warden and the old god baby. So much things...
    Please BioWare do this right!

And please make our choices matter, hated see Anders a grey warden even as i kicked his ass out of my keep.

Quote Originally Posted by PGeo36 View Post
    I like this line.

Not sure if that's a good statement for DA3 or a bad statement for DA2.
    Next shocking detail to be revealed: DA3 only has one level.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by blank View Post
    I'm sorry, but what story was this? Yes Origins is at its heart a giant cliche and there's nothing in the story to write home about. However, DA2 was a giant railroad you had no hand in with completely nonsensical characters making stupid decisions, without even giving us the decency of concluding properly.

The fact that Bioware have said the protagonist is human only means they're already failing to recognise some of DA2's mistakes.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    I'm sorry, but what story was this? Yes Origins is at its heart a giant cliche and there's nothing in the story to write home about. However, DA2 was a giant railroad you had no hand in with completely nonsensical characters making stupid decisions, without even giving us the decency of concluding properly.

The fact that Bioware have said the protagonist is human only means they're already failing to recognise some of DA2's mistakes.
    Indeed. Not to mention Origins story might have been a cliché, but it worked quite well, was true to itself at least.

Shneckie's Avatar Vicarius

Can't say I'm too fussed about lack of playable races, I only play Humans anyway. Must say though it does make the game feel a lot less deep as an RPG. I'm counting on Bioware to balance this out with overwhelming customisation options for our Human character.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Indeed. Not to mention Origins story might have been a cliché, but it worked quite well, was true to itself at least.
    What made the cliché work in DA:O was the characters and the world built around it. It may have been a typical fantasy plotline, but it was consistent and had some very cool moments within it.

I'm hopeful for DA3, but wary, and really don't like the human only protagonist. I mean, you can't take the extra time and work to get a couple other VA's to do a dwarf and elf story? I wouldn't think it'd be asking too much. And on the darkspawn, yes, the change was horrible, but honestly, they really weren't even in DA2 much at all. Though they're going to make Sandal important, so, yay?

I demand Tevinter be next! And wouldn't that have worked more logically for the obvious mage war story their going for?

Patronized by the mighty Heinz Guderian

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I didn't mind having a human protagonist. I just didn't like Hawke or his male and female voice actors.
    Heh, same. FemShep's voice actor was a lot better than FemHawke's.

The concept art Bere posted looks cool.
    Last edited by Legio; October 23, 2012 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    As I understood it, it was either just a human protagonist, or not a fully vocalized character.

YMMV on which is a better option.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!