Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Default Re: DA3 Announced

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_the_terrible View Post
    I do too. But then I think the whole series is a terrible cliche.
    Indeed, at least DAO was a kind of well put it čpic cliché. You see doesnt matter what they can come up to, it just needs to be true to it self. A lesson that Bioware writters didnt learn of yet.
    If you look at ME story , is also cliché, but again like origins, is at least true to it self, and is well put it.
    IMO.

Not holding my breath with DA3 inquisition, its clear they are going to persist on the mage/templar thing, and its going to happen probably in Orlais.
    Ill wait and see without hoping too much. Bioware as we knew, its gone anyway.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; September 22, 2012 at 09:51 AM.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I'd imagine the remaining team will be trying to preserve the typical bioware formulas but wont improve on it, and EA will have their say in making things more commercial.
    In other words, we will be getting something thats a mere shadow of Bioware's glory, an echo left behind.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Bioware as we knew, its gone anyway.
    Was gone since DAO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Bioware as we knew, its gone anyway.
    ... What? The entire team sans maybe one designer is still around since the Baldur's Gate days. They never left to begin with.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

They might still be there, but that doesn't mean they're guaranteed to have (or allowed to have, if EA is taken into account... ) the same ability of old.

Many of the writers, lead developers and such are already gone, and EA does not exactly provide a good enviroment for the remaining talent to step up and pitch new games, features and such. Nothing major at least, just safe suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Many of the writers, lead developers and such are already gone
    No, that's absolutely wrong. Almost all if the writers and designers since Baldur's Gate are still there and have worked on Mass Effect and Dragon Age, including Lead Design and Writer. The only notable departure from the creative team is Drew Karpyshyn, and he only left in February.
    and EA does not exactly provide a good enviroment for the remaining talent to step up and pitch new games, features and such. Nothing major at least, just safe suggestions.
    And this is nothing but supposition that has no grounds in reality given that there is no new announced IP based on a new team to judge.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

mehzel's Avatar Civis

If Morrigan isnt in this i will probably cry.

Quote Originally Posted by mehzel View Post
    If Morrigan isnt in this i will probably cry.
    If it's as much of a decline from DA2 as DA2 was from DA:O, you'll probably find another reason to cry, Morrigan or not
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

The lead developer of Dragon Age and Neverwinter Nights already left because he didnt agree with the direction of DA2, quite some time ago during that game's development.

mehzel's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    If it's as much of a decline from DA2 as DA2 was from DA:O, you'll probably find another reason to cry, Morrigan or not
    I dont even think its possible to get worse than DA2 it can only get better. Thats the way i see it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    The lead developer of Dragon Age and Neverwinter Nights already left because he didnt agree with the direction of DA2, quite some time ago during that game's development.
    There was no "the lead developer" of Dragon Age. There were three Lead Designers, one of which who left. That was Brent Knowles, who is now a freelance guy. Mike Laidlaw and James Ohlen, who have been around since Baldur's Gate (Ohlen WAS "the" guy for BG) are still there. Laidlaw is the current Creative Director of Dragon Age, and Ohgen went on to be Lead Design on Neverwinter Nights and KOTOR, and now works on The Old Republic. Meanwhile, the Lead for the Mass Effect series is Preston Watamaniuk, who has also been around since Baldur's Gate.

So yeah, the vast majority of Bioware's creative minds are still around and the guys responsible for many of the controversial games and choices are the same guys who developed Baldur's Gate, Jade Empire, KOTOR, and so on. Well, except for Mass Effect 3 -- the Lead Writer for that game was Mac Walters, while the recently departed Drew Karpyshyn did the writing for Mass Effect and most of Mass Effect 2. The man who announced Dragon Age III, Mark Darrah, was a programmer on Baldur's Gate and has been around longer than the recently-departed Knowles.

There's a lot of clamoring on the Internet especially with the recently announced retirement of Biowares cofounders that the company has lost all its talent. That's, well, not true at all.
    Last edited by motiv-8; September 26, 2012 at 01:27 PM.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

You know a lot about this Motiv... Almost to much...

Maybe he's a spy from EA or Bioware...

There's a lot of clamoring on the Internet especially with the recently announced retirement of Biowares cofounders that the company has lost all its talent. That's, well, not true at all.
    Well, perhaps they didnt lost their talent, but then they really dont want to show it either i guess. Either way, it is a fact that Bioware games have been declining quite fast in quality from NWN to nowadays, one of the reasons i'll never buy any more of their games unless they change.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

they will change, but not for the better so I am affraid you wont be buying any of their games anymore.

The Mouth's Avatar Ducenarius

I just hope they do away with that damn art style... I especially hated what they did to the Darkspawn:

DA:O

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

DA2

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulūk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

It doesn't matter if the original talent at Bioware is still there or not. The fact is that if they are still there willingly even when their contract is up, then they don't give a about making great games anymore. If it was up to me, I would liquidate the entire studio and prematurely place on each and every employee's record that he/she is a self-centered greedy liar that doesn't care about quality.

Good thing it's not up you.
    قرطاج يجب ان تدمر

Quote Originally Posted by vinh834 View Post
    It doesn't matter if the original talent at Bioware is still there or not. The fact is that if they are still there willingly even when their contract is up, then they don't give a about making great games anymore. If it was up to me, I would liquidate the entire studio and prematurely place on each and every employee's record that he/she is a self-centered greedy liar that doesn't care about quality.
    The rest of us still have our common sense, thank you.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!