Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Default Re: DA3 Announced

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachus View Post
    I seriously loved the pauldrons and I really really really wish they'll come back in DA:I
    To think I once had respect for you. I wash my hands of this!

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Farnan View Post
    Apparently no item will cost real money, so any item packs will be free (cost in game money but not real life money). According to the people behind the game you can purchase gold, but doing so is not required to unlock any item. AKA you can earn gold playing the game or if you want to cheat buy it with real life money.
    Knowing how EA handles situations like this in-game currency will most likely be earned at a snail's pace giving you the option of grinding for hours on end each day or forking cash for gold.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Well, it is pretty easy to get the money to buy packs for ME3 multiplayer, if you do harder difficulties. I liked silver the most (perfect balance), but I was only getting like 30k a good game, and the good item packs were about 99k or something.

Comes Domesticorum

Dragon Age Keep preview:

Let me just say that it looks absolutely fantastic, I did not expect this level of detail.

All that I really want to see now is the character creator, but I'm already sold on this game.
    Last edited by Stavroforos; August 29, 2014 at 03:17 PM.

Stav you want to play some Dragon Age with meng?

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

What is this Dragon Age Keep exactly?.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jin View Post
    Stav you want to play some Dragon Age with meng?
    With...meng?

@gastovski

Dragon Age Keep allows you to look at the characters you've played through in previous Dragon Age games and see their story and even modify it if you wish. If you haven't played previous Dragon Age games, it lets you create new stories and characters from the previous games. It's a very thorough save game editor.
    Last edited by Stavroforos; August 29, 2014 at 05:55 PM.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Farnan View Post
    Apparently no item will cost real money, so any item packs will be free (cost in game money but not real life money). According to the people behind the game you can purchase gold, but doing so is not required to unlock any item. AKA you can earn gold playing the game or if you want to cheat buy it with real life money.
    It's probably basically like ME3's system except instead of buying item packs directly you could buy credits (or gold as it's called here) to buy item packs, which works out to be exactly the same.

Which I have no problem with, really. As long as packs and loot keeps coming in at a decent pace like it did in ME3.

This might be pay to win, but I don't really care about that in a pure PvE game. I loved ME3's multiplayer, probably played it as much as I did SP and I beat the game 3 times.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    With...meng?

@gastovski

Dragon Age Keep allows you to look at the characters you've played through in previous Dragon Age games and see their story and even modify it if you wish. If you haven't played previous Dragon Age games, it lets you create new stories and characters from the previous games. It's a very thorough save game editor.
    So if we have a DA:O save game, it can be somehow "relevant" in DA:I?

Comes Domesticorum

Yes, you import your DAO save into Keep and from then to DAI. Keep lets you go over your story again if you need a refresher and gives you the option to change your choices if you wish.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Yes
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    With...meng?
    Haha. That was supposed to be "With me meng". Oops.

Comes Domesticorum

Haha. That was supposed to be "With me meng". Oops.
    I'm still confused, lol.

Agh nevermind. I meant to say you want to play some DA3 with me meng. And then you'd be like sure. And I'd be like okay please buy me an XBox One and you'd be like okay cool.

Comes Domesticorum

Man, your plan was flawed the moment you thought you'd ask a Greek to buy you something

Also, PC dude.

Hmm I wonder if my PC will run it. And I guess my faith in the Greeks was misplaced.

Hmm I wonder if my PC will run it. And I guess my faith in the Greeks was misplaced.
    Ah! you need to talk to Angela first. Before Stav would buy anything. Besides im pretty confident that having an X box, is seen as living way ahead of anyone possibilities. thats why there is PC and Internet I actualy sold mine back in 2011, because i knew it was way ahead of my possibilities.
    Meanwhile somewhere in Germany.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; August 31, 2014 at 08:31 PM.

Cold_Mac's Avatar Senator

Pre-ordered.
    Shale: My heart does not qualify as shiny. I kill. Frequently, and not without pleasure.
    Leliana: You had a difficult life. Deep down, at the center of your being, you are a good person. I believe that.
    Shale: Even though I have never demonstrated this aspect? How peculiar.
    Leliana: You aren't all stone, Shale. There is a person inside of you.
    Shale: If so, it is because I ate it.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

And now I am back to being reluctant to buy the game again.. Since it is EA it is already a given that to earn the rewards with that gold you either need to pay real money, or invest way too much time into multiplayer than most players may care to do. If at launch the available stuff even costs a reasonable amount of gold, they would release rediculously priced stuff soon after that. They have done that time and again.

For The Old Republic subscribers get an amount of cartell coins each month which is used for the DLC store and can be used on some other things. It's about 500 a month, theres some variation based on how long you are subscribed.
    They have mounts there that cost over a 1000 coins, armor sets of 1600, and gamble packs that cost over 300 each and you may get nothing usefull out of it.

The sims is even worse since you cant get free coins. Only when buying the original game you got some free currency and they have over 10000 euros worth of content in the sims3 online store without exaggerating. Its crazy.

So no, I have zero trust in them to handle this gold coins stuff like a normal person. Likely won't even be couch co-op so in other words, the game practicly has no multiplayer for consoles unless you pay for that service.

Comes Domesticorum

So you're reluctant to buy Inquisition because of micro transactions in multi-player?