Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Default Re: DA3 Announced

After DA2 I wouldn't be entirely surpised if DA3 was a box with a semi-liquid dog pile in it. For digital copies they send someone round with the dog and have it poo on your harddrive(pre-order for a dragon shaped box of baby wipes to clean up with).

"LoL" remember how that one EA stonehead said "I have no green lit one game to be a single player experience"? Ya. Here we go again. Bye Bye Bioware. I wonder why EA will buy out next?

Quote Originally Posted by Lysimachus View Post
    http://blog.bioware.com/2012/09/17/a...i-inquisition/

Thoughts? I'm pretty excited to see what DA3 will look like in the new engine.
    So am I. Which is why I will look at the screenshots, and then never think about the game again.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I hate the name but I'll be following this. It is a chance for them to redeem themselves after DAII...!

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    I hate the name but I'll be following this. It is a chance for them to redeem themselves after DAII...!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=560581
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=561686

Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

I used to be upset with the idea that your Grey Warden from Origins would not be carried over, but it makes perfect sense.

In Mass Effect, you can customize your character, but you're still Shepard. In the Dragon Age Franchise, you are a multitude of characters. Just the events of the first two games alone is a large combination, adding your Grey Wardens into that mix would only complicate matters.

Like it or not, but a video game is business, and if you make it TOO complex, it then costs more money and cuts into their margins.

Let's face it, if you want these epic videogames, then gaming companies are a necessary evil.

*Ducks out before being hit with tomatoes*
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Woo, can't wait. Liked DAO, liked DA2 even more, this should be good!
    what did you just say?

Heres a Q&A for all ya'll

"So why, at the same time, do you guys think it [ Origins ] has elements that are a barrier to people?
    Honest question.

"Yes, I do. To use one example, I know that there are people who fire up a game like Origins, see either character generation or a big wall of stats to pick and they immediately turn it off again. I also am cognizant that there are people who see that big wall of stats and get really excited.

I believe that there are more of the former than the latter. It doesn't mean either side is wrong, and it sure as hell doesn't mean we should cut stats, it just means that, perhaps, opening the game with a big wall of them is not ideal.""

When DA3 comes out, I call dibs on the most OP real money item in the MP online shop. It's going to be so fun playing it. Yup I'll even skip out on witcher 3 if it comes out just for DA3.
    Last edited by vinh834; September 18, 2012 at 01:47 AM.

Meh will see. Thats what i have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by vinh834 View Post
    "a big wall of stats"
    What?
    DA certainly doesn't have anything close to a "big wall of stats", especially because you rarely need more than two of them for any given character class.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

lol, that was pretty awful. Oh God

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    what did you just say?
    You heard me Heinz, damn you.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by vinh834 View Post
    Heres a Q&A for all ya'll

"So why, at the same time, do you guys think it [ Origins ] has elements that are a barrier to people?
    Honest question.

"Yes, I do. To use one example, I know that there are people who fire up a game like Origins, see either character generation or a big wall of stats to pick and they immediately turn it off again. I also am cognizant that there are people who see that big wall of stats and get really excited.

I believe that there are more of the former than the latter. It doesn't mean either side is wrong, and it sure as hell doesn't mean we should cut stats, it just means that, perhaps, opening the game with a big wall of them is not ideal.""

When DA3 comes out, I call dibs on the most OP real money item in the MP online shop. It's going to be so fun playing it. Yup I'll even skip out on witcher 3 if it comes out just for DA3.
    I just got one of my mates in to DA:O, and he freaking loves the stats and customisation and it wasn't a barrier to him in the slightest.

Comes Domesticorum

I despised it.

Well, there are a few things that I like so far.
    They take more time with the game and use the Frostbyte 2 engine. Which propably means we will get some nice landscape for once, and I seriously doubt they will or even can repeat that whole recycling debacle. I am by no means an expert, but the old Dragon Age-engine (and before it Neverwinternights, KotOR and so on) always seemed to "fit" lazy design, because it utilized rather blocky, cutboard-y tiles. I just can't imagine the same thing being true for the Engine that powers Battlefield 3.
    And I liked that whole Mage/Templar-conflict in DA:2. It was more interesting to me, than the rather replacable Darkspawn-stuff in Origins (though that's pretty much the only thing it got on Origins), so I am happy that they kinda go with that.

Even the Frosty 2.0 can look if the developers decide that's a good idea. You know, "negative environment" and all that stuff about DA2's design...

Sure it can, but I think it offers less "excuse". With the old engine buildings/caves were always blocky/cubic, with little variation and it pretty much sucked at looking organic. So I presume the developers were like "well, it looks kinda all the same anyway, so I guess it wouldn't harm if we just copy and paste, after all we have a deadline here". I just can't picture them doing the same with a fancy engine like Frostbyte 2. Not to that extend.

DA3 for casuals is what its going to be. Hack Hack Hack HACK. Choices that don;t even matter.

Frosbite 2 looks flexible to me, racing games, mirrors edge. EA. you. are. terrible. at lying. THe engine is moddable it just "hurts" sales to give mod support.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

If people are frightened by reading and status, they shouldnt play any RPG's beyond MMO's and hack and slash to begin with.

Dumbing it all down to try and appeal to a bigger crowd is kind of like not allowing in soccer games the choice of players and positions, not allowing tuning or any customisation in race games, having no combos in fighters, no formations in strategy games, etc.
    They really need to start giving people's intelligence some more credit instead of adjusting games to the point that every retard can understand it.

Comes Domesticorum

I want to play a game, not create mathematical formulas and spreadsheets.